That's nice. Maybe you should start an October ride thread. I can't reschedule, so if this ride is scrapped, that's the end of the annual ride for me this year. Anybody who wants to go can just PM me.

Sorry I couldn't make it through all 5 pages, is this ride happening or not?

I would like to come. So let me know if you are still going. I can bring an Fuc tun of stuff in my truck. 1 bike, BBQ, 2 coolers, tents, shades etc etc.

Sorry I couldn't make it through all 5 pages, is this ride happening or not?

I would like to come. So let me know if you are still going. I can bring an Fuc tun of stuff in my truck. 1 bike, BBQ, 2 coolers, tents, shades etc etc.

We will go if we can get four people. We'd love to have you join us.

We had four last night and then 3 again this morning. So you would make the fourth. I plan on taking one vehicle and Jeff another so we can haul maximum goods and have a back up vehicle (the Jeep makes a good fishing excursion car and recovery vehicle if need be). I gotsa life sized inflatable bed on order from Cabelas.

[ I gotsa life sized inflatable bed on order from Cabelas.

versus? doll sizes?

I'm going. Just dropped off my forks at GP to have them fix the weepy bast@rds. I also had the good fortune to have my truck battery go dead today; much better to hear that disappointing sound in SD than in BF Nowhere. I have a few questions about where we'll be:

1. Are there food lockers or will I need to sleep lightly and get ready to wrestle a bear over my trail mix?

2. How many gallons of extra gas should I bring? I have two 5 gallon containers.

3. If I were jonesing for Funyuns (or M&Ms or a cup of mayonnaise or whatever) while out there, is the nearest place to buy anything all the way back down on the 395?

I'm going. Just dropped off my forks at GP to have them fix the weepy bast@rds. I also had the good fortune to have my truck battery go dead today; much better to hear that disappointing sound in SD than in BF Nowhere. I have a few questions about where we'll be:

1. Are there food lockers or will I need to sleep lightly and get ready to wrestle a bear over my trail mix?

2. How many gallons of extra gas should I bring? I have two 5 gallon containers.

3. If I were jonesing for Funyuns (or M&Ms or a cup of mayonnaise or whatever) while out there, is the nearest place to buy anything all the way back down on the 395?

I will be locking all food inside a vehicle, as there are no food lockers.

Bring 10 gallons. Doubt that you'll use it, but better too much than not enough. There is no fuel on the plateau.

The nearest store is Grumpy Bear's on the corner where we turn onto Sherman Pass road. So that's probably at least a good 10-15 miles from the campground. We will try to bring cookies, chips, fruit rollups and trail mix, enough for sharing.

OK, I'm in for sure. B) I think that makes seven. Will be taking my 25' toybox with room for some of you if you want and all the amenities. I might want to make the stay there an extra day or two if anyone is interested. I guess we are working out the details via PM's and email so add me to the list. Now I need to clean the Utah dirt/mud off my bike in prep for some from Troy Meadows. Going to take the 300. Anything worth taking the trials bike for?

Let the fun begin!

OK, I'm in for sure. B) I think that makes seven. Will be taking my 25' toybox with room for some of you if you want and all the amenities. I might want to make the stay there an extra day or two if anyone is interested. I guess we are working out the details via PM's and email so add me to the list. Now I need to clean the Utah dirt/mud off my bike in prep for some from Troy Meadows. Going to take the 300. Anything worth taking the trials bike for?

Let the fun begin!

I didn't encounter any trials stuff last time but that doesn't mean that there isn't any trials stuff out there.

Let the fun begin!

Awesome! I'd be glad to split gas and such for a ride up there. As far as the trials bike goes, I rode almost all the trails up there with my 350 pound Honda XR-L without a problem (other than fatigue) I think you'll be fine on the 3 hundy. Last year there was a Gas Gas cruising around camp so there may be some rocks or something that you could play on.

This place has got my name written all over it ! :lol:

I just might come take a spin with you folks out there.

Can I sleep under somebody's trailer? B)

This place has got my name written all over it ! :lol:

I just might come take a spin with you folks out there.

Can I sleep under somebody's trailer? :unsure:

I'm sure there's a tent or some other shelter with your name written all over it....

For the lucky people who are going on this trip, I think we should meet at 7:30 am at the Deer Springs offramp parknride on the west side of the freeway by the AM PM. If anybody needs to leave a vehicle in North County, it can be left safely at my place.

Any questions, please PM me. :unsure:

And the excitement builds... I'm getting pumped!! Can we leave tomorrow? OK, I can wait a few more days. Besides I have stuff to clean and prep from the Utah trip last week.

I'm open for taking people in my truck but I am contemplating staying until Sat or Sun so that detail would have to be worked out. If interested PM me and I can pick you on my way from Lakeside or we'll figure something out.

Troy, I'm sure we can fit you in somewhere. In the trailer, under the trailer, on top of the trailer, etc. Hope you casn make it. Like I said I'll probably stay till Sun or Sat at the least so anyone wanting to ride the weekend come on up.

7:30 at Deer Springs it is. I'll be towing the big box so I hope I don't slow the parade down too much.

Aug 15-16 is free camping weekend on the Kern Plateau. It could get pretty crowded up there. Nevertheless, I can't stay through the weekend.

I likely won't be meeting at the park and ride either. I'm stuck on Eastern standard time after three weeks on the east coast and may leave the house around 4AM PST. I'll confirm the night before.

Jon

Is everyone planning on riding tuesday afternoon?

Last year, we got up there, unloaded and set up camp, then went for a short (18 mile) ride over to the ranger station and back as sort of a shake down ride. Then we had supper and everybody that thought their bike needed any rejetting did the rejet that evening before the sun went down.

If there's really a concern over bears and food, a few bear canisters are cheaper than a car window.

http://www.rei.com/expertadvice/articles/b...+canisters.html

http://www.rei.com/search?query=bear+canister

While camping at the trailhead in Yosemite, a bear tried the food vaults, pushed the rental car around (still had the smell of KFC in it from the trip) & finally decided on a tree 50 feet from the tent. He tore it apart looking for food as I rubbed the last drumstick on Paul as he slept....... :unsure:

Note to self: Bring KFC drumsticks to rub on Brad's tent.

Note to self, bring 12GA with solid slugs, and female bear urine\honey mixture to spray on piratemonkeys husky.

firearms-bear-camera-demotivational.jpg

There were no pesky and lethal bears around us last year and the food was inside the toy hauler where a majority of the group was snoozing for the night. Trash bags full of meal leavings had been left outside, but remained undisturbed throughout our stay. Still, you can't ever be too careful.

While camping at the trailhead in Yosemite, a bear tried the food vaults, pushed the rental car around (still had the smell of KFC in it from the trip) & finally decided on a tree 50 feet from the tent.

And that would explain why there are no KFC's in any national forests. :lol:

"Ken rubbing his drumstick on Paul :lol: "

*shudder*

I'm glad this trip ended up with a good size group. Timing really sucked for me, but I'm glad some of you get to go... take lots of pics and keep your drumsticks to yourselves