XRNSD

spark arrestor

Anyone have a spark arrestor for a FMF TI4 that I could borrow for this weekend?

I ordered one online and now they are saying that they are out of stock. Having a little trouble

finding one locally and need it for Big Bear this weekend. Name your favorite beer or price for

a three day rental.

Thank You,

Bobby

Anyone have a spark arrestor for a FMF TI4 that I could borrow for this weekend?

I ordered one online and now they are saying that they are out of stock. Having a little trouble

finding one locally and need it for Big Bear this weekend. Name your favorite beer or price for

a three day rental.

Thank You,

Bobby

Don't head up without a spark arrestor............I've been stopped more than once so a ranger could shove a stick up my ;) ...........exhaust <_< .....to verify I had a spark arrestor......

have you considered making one? anybody know what size mesh to use? a little mesh, and some safety wire? am I delusional? <_<

Might be worth it to give them a call directly and explain your situation. It's my experience that reaching out via phone often works much better than email/internet. They're up in Rancho Dominguez, aka Compton, which is probably a 2 hour drive one way for you if they can find one in stock. I know 4 hours round trip sucks, but if no one else has one it might be the best bet if they do have one.

FMF Tel: 310-631-4363

have you considered making one? Outstanding idea. ;)

anybody know what size mesh to use? Nope. <_<

a little mesh, and some safety wire? Sounds perfectly reasonable.

am I delusional? Prolly, jury's still out.

Sounds like a solution. Don't know the legal stuff..........oh Dan......

We made one on my buddies YZ400 and it passed the stick in the exhaust test the rangers used at CC.

Have you checked a Cobra Sparky? Lots of places have those in stock. What bike do you have? Maybe someone here can loan you an exhaust can for the weekend.

Does anybody have a picture of that piece he needs, I could swear my CRF has that pipe, or wait till I get home and check.

Probably a dumb question - but do you still have the stock pipe you could throw on the bike?

That's probably the better call anyways - you won't need any power gains of an aftermarket pipe on the mountain and quiet is good - especially for such a large event...

Probably a dumb question - but do you still have the stock pipe you could throw on the bike?

That's probably the better call anyways - you won't need any power gains of an aftermarket pipe on the mountain and quiet is good - especially for such a large event...

well aren't you Mr Responsible? :lol:

Good call... B)

but that WILL mean jetting, I assume... but maybe adding a spark screen would require it, too? :lazy:

I have an fmf exhaust on one of my bikes..., don't know the model # though..no number visible? (gold seriies gnarly).....

the opening for the spark arrestor is 7/8"...pardon my ignorance, are these spark arrestors totally model specific???

ps: rangers did come around camp ground in big bear, crab flats last weekend, checking all bikes...

if it will work, you are welcome to it...heres a pic...pm me if so....

if it will work, you are welcome to it...heres a pic...pm me if so....

That's a two stroke model. Different construction.

oh well, worth a try....good luck with the search.

Maybe you ought to just find a spark arrestor that is attached to a new bike and bring that instead? <_<

Thanks for the help, but I found one at True Vaule Hardware in Lakeside.

Thanks for the help, but I found one at True Vaule Hardware in Lakeside.

Something for a lawn mower or log splitter? <_<