Los Ancianos, Tecate HS DEC09 version!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.losancianos.com/

YEAH!!!!! ITS ON!!! AGAIN!!!

the best local HS event is back on the agenda for 09!!! plenty of time to get warmed up.

I'll go! Can I go? I have an XRL and no experience, think they'll let me in? Where in SD is it? What's a Hare Scramble? Who else is going? Anyone know the date yet?

I'll go! Can I go? I have an XRL and no experience, think they'll let me in? Where in SD is it? What's a Hare Scramble? Who else is going? Anyone know the date yet?

I'll go! points for enthusiasm

Can I go? Yes

I have an XRL and no experience, think they'll let me in? Yes (entry money talks bs walks)

Where in SD is it? Mexico

What's a Hare Scramble? A closed course XC race, mostly single track loop usually in excess of 8 miles.

Who else is going? ???ya got me???

Anyone know the date yet? No, but sometime in DEC09

get answers and maybe more questions at www.losancianos.com

PS IMHO The XR650L is definitely not the weapon of choice, but if you want to know what real trail riding is........enter any LA event.

I'd like to make the event, if only to spectate. I still think I'd need to get in shape for racing. I'm so out of shape, I'd have to get in shape just to think about being in shape. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'm pooped from thinking about it. :blink:

for all reading,,its just a non-stop 2 or 3 hour epic single track trail ride,,,,unless you want to stop and rest, its that simple,,,everyone is going the same direction and you can ride as fast as you like, safely. This is my race logic, its for fun only and for a chance to participate and to have really good bench race stories and a great mental history for the ride files. Also a chance to test yourself and to push your limits.....but for me its always just me against the course, for every event I have ever done (thats why MX is too intense for me, too much close quarter bar to bar stuff) The long course single track XC type events are all spread out for the most part. Anyway that is my race face logic. just do it if you want a real epic ride, just do it. Also you get to "share" the same trail with the top pros, that never happens in stick and ball sports or even most 4 wheel motosports, R

Robert......I know this may have some difficult trail sections. You think I could have fun on this with my KTM 640 LC4 ? I'm used to riding the 950 all over, so the 640 seems like a toy to me.

Robert......I know this may have some difficult trail sections. You think I could have fun on this with my KTM 640 LC4 ? I'm used to riding the 950 all over, so the 640 seems like a toy to me.

Randy,

You are the man!! However I would not recommend the big Kato for the Tecate single track that LA usually pieces together.

Any standard size trail/mx/enduro machine is a better choice. The HS course is mostly semi tight trails with a minor few obstacles, nothing very difficult for the entire course (historically speaking) its just the 2 or 3 hours solid and the relentless esses and sandy whoop sections with only a few open spots to air out and to pass....and shoot its still a long way off in Dec. good news is that our climate swing shows a possibility of a wet winter 09-10 that could be a great thing!! The last one I did was on my TE450 (with plate),,,there were only a few plated bikes in the event. R

PM or ph if you want more info

hey someone out there sponsor Randy with a 250-525 four stk or a 250-300 2stk!!!! for the adventure in Tecate!!

From what I saw last year, the perfect bike would be a 125 or 250. Very tight trails. My 26 year old friend kicked ass on his KX100. It was sort of funny, a competitor on a KX 450F couldn't catch my friend on his KX100. It looked frustrating for the Kawi 450. The KX100 flew through the trails like toy bike. Another friend took first place on a wr250. Few places to pass. The pros kicked it on their 450's at whole different level.

With your skill, you could do it. Beautiful area.

Beezzz

Hmmmm....this could looks like it could be a job for Flea The Minibike! :lol::)

Don't forget your passports.

Randy,

You are the man!! However I would not recommend the big Kato for the Tecate single track that LA usually pieces together.

Any standard size trail/mx/enduro machine is a better choice. The HS course is mostly semi tight trails with a minor few obstacles, nothing very difficult for the entire course (historically speaking) its just the 2 or 3 hours solid and the relentless esses and sandy whoop sections with only a few open spots to air out and to pass....and shoot its still a long way off in Dec. good news is that our climate swing shows a possibility of a wet winter 09-10 that could be a great thing!! The last one I did was on my TE450 (with plate),,,there were only a few plated bikes in the event. R

PM or ph if you want more info

hey someone out there sponsor Randy with a 250-525 four stk or a 250-300 2stk!!!! for the adventure in Tecate!!

If Randy wants to race, I'll lend a bike for the cause, and I'll join him! When the time gets closer, bring this thread back to life and we'll if anyone is going. A 2-3 hour loop thats not insanely technical sounds awesome.

Robert, I saw you mention that you were avoiding crouds at CC, care to disclose where you're riding these days? The weather has been great, the high desert has been awesome, and saturday a group of us went to ocoillo and it was amazingly only 80 degrees out there. Weird weather, I hope it stays this way all summer.

Off topic, but I saw the night race video the d37 100's club put on over on the d38 forum. They had giant tires and wood piles and other enduro style stuff layed out on the infield. It was pretty cool.

Also, 4th of july is the grand opening for a new natural terrain track near the golden acorn, live oaks area. D38 guys are building that one. There is also an open track at golden acorn too. Craig has been trying to get me to go out to pala for a few months now too. Lots of new stuff to check out over summer. The track that is opening up on the 4th of july is more of a single track type track. There are some videos on d38, you might get a kick out of that. We should go out there for the opening day and check it out.

Hey Brad,,all good, the weather is super good for mid June!! rode our usual standby McCain V,,stuck to the small trails and did my usual tech loop at the end of the day. virtually none there we arrived early well not super early 0800.

We keep on looking at that track just east of the windmills and N of the 8,,there were a few bikes out there today we saw them when we were on our way back.

been getting all the 411 about that terrain park plus the GA MX track as well,,,,sounds like we have winners very close to home!!!

If Randy wants to race, I'll lend a bike for the cause, and I'll join him! When the time gets closer, bring this thread back to life and we'll if anyone is going. A 2-3 hour loop thats not insanely technical sounds awesome.

Hey Brad......let's talk as this approaches later in the year. I may have to take you up on that offer ! :)

Randy! Factory pilot for a day!!! plenty of time until Dec for all the contract signing and press releases etc etc .

Thats a nice gesture, good on ya Brad!! I would advise at least a couple of trail rides on the bike of choice prior to the event. R

Hey Brad......let's talk as this approaches later in the year. I may have to take you up on that offer ! :good:

It would still be pretty cool to see the big Katoom run the course! Amazing what a skilled large bike rider can whip out! Just fwd to my brother and he wants to bring his WR450 out for is, so looks like we are going down...in some capacity!

http://www.vimeo.com/4721954

works???

or go to promoto.tv for more vids

Beau's 2006 video of the course

I guess corfman is all over the place. He placed 7th in this race in 2006 (saw that in the credits to the movie you posted), just won the 500 on his beta and is ranked 1st in d38. Lucky guy to be in first in d38 though, he was in second until the leaders honda tranny blew up on the last night race. B) Not trying to diss honda either, the guy who was in first (jake O) is stupid fast, I'm surprised any bike can hold up to even half a season of that kind of flogging. And both of these guys are like 20 years old.

After seeing those guys go on their home turf in D38 races haul ass ,,,,,now step up the game to the next level, the National level riders,,,Destry was on another level all together in that race in 06.

for a speed example check our local Nat H&H and see where the D38 local top guys finished on their home dez turf

http://home.ama-cycle.org/raceresults/even...6&year=2009

racing especially at the top level zone is amazing because of the huge step up in class divisions. The Nat guys and select D37 racers push the local talent D38 podium guys into the double digit finish positions of the top 20 instead of the top 3 they are used to, even on their home turf. It's just mind boggling speed and control.

After seeing those guys go on their home turf in D38 races haul ass ,,,,,now step up the game to the next level, the National level riders,,,Destry was on another level all together in that race in 06.

for a speed example check our local Nat H&H and see where the D38 local top guys finished on their home dez turf

http://home.ama-cycle.org/raceresults/even...6&year=2009

racing especially at the top level zone is amazing because of the huge step up in class divisions. The Nat guys and select D37 racers push the local talent D38 podium guys into the double digit finish positions of the top 20 instead of the top 3 they are used to, even on their home turf. It's just mind boggling speed and control.

check out those bike brands. the big 2 are missing! And ya, thats the knarly terrain, the hardest d38 race, not really much of the home turf. That stuff is way knarlier than the other d38 races at least that i've seen.

check out those bike brands. the big 2 are missing! And ya, thats the knarly terrain, the hardest d38 race, not really much of the home turf. That stuff is way knarlier than the other d38 races at least that i've seen.

Kawasaki has always been prevalent in cross country racing in the United States, not so much in other areas. And Husqvarna will be coming on strong now that they have established a racing team and support. :)

www.losancianos.com

If you take this as the ultimate trail ride you will love it. Race, the heck with it, just get out and ride it!!

they revamped the website!! Its on

www.losancianos.com

If you take this as the ultimate trail ride you will love it. Race, the heck with it, just get out and ride it!!

they revamped the website!! Its on

Hmmm.. should I go and play speedbump for the fast guys? :)

Now you've got me tempted... B)

My wife is going to block SDAR on the home firewall if I'm not careful...

there are always 2 races for the LA HS format,,,,Sportsman classes 2 hour Race 1

and Pro,A,B for the second 3 hour. I stopped racing the 3 hour a while ago ,,but peer pressure is pushing me towards doing 40B,,,,talk about a speed bump for the pros!!!! The course is always fantastic tight with technical sections plus some open sections but always punctuated with single track. Bike set up plush, and quick steering be ready to sit way up front for alot of the switch backs and stand for the rocks.