dirt dame

It's about time to start planning

We better go and enjoy this trip, while we still can.

5-29-200974954AM.jpg

I did see a few quads there last year. There are some 4x4 trails that quads and rhinos can ride on, but as I recall the wider trails are pretty limited.

Mimi, this week I've been flying up and down throughout CA and into Las Vegas and Reno. I haven't seen the Sierras once, the Spring storms have covered the mountains all week. I'd think sooner is better for more rain.

August is cool too. :angry: I'll post what weeks I could go up there later today.

I did see a few quads there last year. There are some 4x4 trails that quads and rhinos can ride on, but as I recall the wider trails are pretty limited.

Mimi, this week I've been flying up and down throughout CA and into Las Vegas and Reno. I haven't seen the Sierras once, the Spring storms have covered the mountains all week. I'd think sooner is better for more rain.

August is cool too. :( I'll post what weeks I could go up there later today.

Come to think of it, I did see some utility style quads piloted by what looked to be volunteer trail worker type folks out on a fire road one of the days we were up there. I never saw any on any of the actual goat trails. I would have remembered that, because they would have blocked the whole trail if they were out there. :angry:

I'm all for June, but let's see what the majority of the interested parties are voting for.

Sounds good. It will be great to ride in the southern sieras, I'm in and would like to car pool . Gear, bike, air matres, sleeping bag & tent thats all I need , well food water & beer would be nice. Maybe just a helmet bike & beer.

I like roughing it with all the comforts of home, or as many as I can drag along. :blink:

These are the weeks that I'm able to make a trip

June

14 - 20

August

9 - 15

23-29

June

14 - 20

August

9 - 15

I could go for one of those, and prefer June. Anybody else....which one of these would work the best for you?

The Schwinn Inne should be able to get up there. The road from the East is twisty and one lane in a few areas. There were a few mega buses with 30' trailers at the camp. They may have come in the the west though.

I'm not so sure that there is any route to that remote area from the west. I'm so fond of the area that I rerun the route on Google Earth quite often and the roads leading in from the east just seem to deadend eventually. Imagine if you could live out there. You would never run out of back roads and trails. ;)

I have a suggestion- www.doodle.com is a website I use to schedule meetings with numerous participants. Someone, presumably DD, goes and sets up any number of possible days in a schedule, then emails or posts a link for others to participate.

It's really easy, and makes the optimum dates become immediately apparent. Here's a sample where I used it last month:

http://www.doodle.com/pk8qa94yadxvf7bx

I'm not looking good for this trip- I will be traveling mid June and July, and have a "special" birthday trip early August, so it's both sad and unlikely I'll be able to go.

Try it!

p

I'm not so sure that there is any route to that remote area from the west. I'm so fond of the area that I rerun the route on Google Earth quite often and the roads leading in from the east just seem to deadend eventually. Imagine if you could live out there. You would never run out of back roads and trails. ;)

If you follow rte 178 to Lake Isabella then rte 99 North you'll meet up with the Sherman Pass Rd. Follow Sherman Pass Rd and it eventually becomes Kennedy Meadows Rd then 9 Mile Canyon Rd and then you're back out to Hwy395. This option looks much longer of a drive and loads twistier on hte map but Dug and I rode the Sherman Pass Rd from 99 about 10 miles East to a real badass jeep trail and it was all 2 lane road.

I'm not looking good for this trip- I will be traveling mid June and July, and have a "special" birthday trip early August, so it's both sad and unlikely I'll be able to go.

Try it!

p

There's always late August or even September.

I could probablly swing august 9-11. That's Sun, Mon, Tues.

If you guys are cool with new comers I could make it in August. For those of you that did the Memorial Day ride up in Ramona if any…… I led the first part around Lake Sutherland then took a group of four on an exclusive ride. So I have a Lance truck camper, the place you guys camp is it Boon docking, dry camping, basically what I am asking is what is the campgrounds like. Thanks in advance for answering, Neal Oh by the way I am a big Trout Fisherman!! Also I am taking off to Mammoth Lakes to dirt bike and trout fish the wife gave me a hall pass!! June 5 - 13 if any of you are planning to be up in the area around that time hit me up before then to exchange numbers. Yosemite ride!!!

post-13489-1243758885_thumb.jpg

post-13489-1243759321_thumb.jpg

If you guys are cool with new comers I could make it in August. For those of you that did the Memorial Day ride up in Ramona if any…… I led the first part around Lake Sutherland then took a group of four on an exclusive ride. So I have a Lance truck camper, the place you guys camp is it Boon docking, dry camping, basically what I am asking is what is the campgrounds like. Thanks in advance for answering, Neal Oh by the way I am a big Trout Fisherman!! Also I am taking off to Mammoth Lakes to dirt bike and trout fish the wife gave me a hall pass!! June 5 - 13 if any of you are planning to be up in the area around that time hit me up before then to exchange numbers. Yosemite ride!!!

post-13489-1243758885_thumb.jpg

Neal I don't think that they like newbies. :hysteric: And I know that Mimi hates fishing! :huh: I don't think any of us went on the All American Ramona ride either. :lol:

Ok to really answer your questions; 1. We're cool 2. It is dry camping were we stay but they have services at the campground right down the road. You can choose which you want to camp at. I like the dry camp area myself. It's easier to get in and out of. 3. You have to SHARE the fish!!!!

SDAR is the most "noob" accomodating group I've ever met

If fish are biting, I LOVE to fish... but i suck at it. but i'll gut it and throw it in corn meal for all the fisherman, while you relax with a well deserved brew...

mimi- take paul's advice, will ya? set up something in diddle or whatever it was... August is bad for me, June is iffy, but July sounds good.

i can bring up about 10 bikes in my trailer, and sleep 3 or so... but no showers or potty

Welcome Neal...

I am officially withdrawing my elegibility for June. I am moving at the end of this month and will need to pack and relocate. I'm not going far, just getting out of this antique and junk store I live in.

I'll be looking to make a trip to Big Bear that week instead. Maybe an overnighter.

JB

I'm not going far, just getting out of this antique and junk store I live in.

Funny....I live in one of those too.

I am thinking that the trip will end up being in August from the looks of things right now.

I'm not going far, just getting out of this antique and junk store I live in.

Funny....I live in one of those too.

I am thinking that the trip will end up being in August from the looks of things right now.

Aug two thumbs...... leaving Friday to Mammoth anybody going to be in the area? All my riding bros bailed out.....solo trip.

-------Neal

Aug two thumbs...... leaving Friday to Mammoth anybody going to be in the area? All my riding bros bailed out.....solo trip.

-------Neal

I can't go this weekend but you might want to check out these resources for ride ideas if you don't have any plans:

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2463

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2800