That's a point!

Of course, the last time I went to buy a $10,000 camera for my business, I told them that I didn't have the money, but I had a lot of free advertising.

Didn't help.

I suppose they don't make any money at all and just keep the website open and maintained and spend all their time out on the weekends because they love it so much. Yup, that's got to be it.

There are photographers that have their websites set up so that the public can't lift a picture off of their site.

I'm just glad that I can get a picture at all, even with advertising all over it for free. Maybe some day if and when I get a real job, I can buy a nice fancy picture framin' shot to hang on the wall. ;)

There are photographers that have their websites set up so that the public can't lift a picture off of their site.

Unfortunately, that's quite easy to bypass. Most of these site's have low quality images you can view, but to get the big ones ya gotta pony up the cash. I liked my picture from the Vegas ride so much I was willing to pay for it, but it wasn't cheap at all. Price ya pay for the time spent, and the skill of the photographer. I was happy to pay it.

Unfortunately, that's quite easy to bypass. Most of these site's have low quality images you can view, but to get the big ones ya gotta pony up the cash. I liked my picture from the Vegas ride so much I was willing to pay for it, but it wasn't cheap at all. Price ya pay for the time spent, and the skill of the photographer. I was happy to pay it.

Plus you gotta pay the photographer for all those photos people are saving for free off the web!!! ;)

I guess these guys sell enough to stay in business, or they wouldn't be doing it very long...

I guess these guys sell enough to stay in business, or they wouldn't be doing it very long...

My point, exactly! ;)

Must. Restrain. Self.

;) ;) :lol:

Why?

pokinghornetsnestrp1.gif

Please - do share...

munchstretchcoucha.gif

Well the other option is you use the traffic your site generates to make more income also so even visitors net you something. IE killboy reps for local tourism and info stuff

Must. Restrain. Self.

Just in case you want to get really ambitious Paul!

I live on a hilltop on a cul de sac where each house has an acre. My house happens to have a wrought iron gate across the driveway, a circular driveway with a fountain in the middle, and many tall Italian Cyprus trees lining the driveway. Several months ago i got a knock on my door with a nice elderly gentleman showing me a spectacular photo of my house taken from the air at just the right angle and altitude to make the place look like an estate. He was selling photos of peoples houses taken from a helicopter. At first I was put off at the invasion of my privacy but vanity got the best of me and I bought the framed photo for $125.00. It is hanging on the wall of my study right now. ;)

to all: I have a great version of photoshop that will remove those pesky watermarks... PM me for info ;)

Also; Paul... can I borrow a camera on Sunday?

I live on a hilltop on a cul de sac where each house has an acre. My house happens to have a wrought iron gate across the driveway, a circular driveway with a fountain in the middle, and many tall Italian Cyprus trees lining the driveway. Several months ago i got a knock on my door with a nice elderly gentleman showing me a spectacular photo of my house taken from the air at just the right angle and altitude to make the place look like an estate. He was selling photos of peoples houses taken from a helicopter. At first I was put off at the invasion of my privacy but vanity got the best of me and I bought the framed photo for $125.00. It is hanging on the wall of my study right now. ;)

Hahaha :lol: Back in the house's better days, I saw the helicopter flying around so I went outside and looked at it. A couple of weeks later, the photographer came to my door and showed me the photo, and there I was in the yard. I didn't have 125 dollars but I produced 80 bucks cash and became the owner of the picture. I still have it around, although it isn't on the wall anymore.

It was a little big to get the whole thing in the scanner.... ;)

Thehouse-1.jpg

Hahaha :lol: Back in the house's better days, I saw the helicopter flying around so I went outside and looked at it. A couple of weeks later, the photographer came to my door and showed me the photo, and there I was in the yard. I didn't have 125 dollars but I produced 80 bucks cash and became the owner of the picture. I still have it around, although it isn't on the wall anymore.

You are clearly a better bargainer than I am. I guess I just don't have the right charm.

By the way-I finally saw one of those cars with the 360 degree camera mounted on the roof taking photos of the road while I was riding around Lake Hodges yesterday. I guess I will have to see if I show up as local motorcycle traffic on Google Maps.

I think FN has a point...But at the same time I belive that idiots will be idiots, and good riders will continue to be , camera guy or not. I have been racing for many years, seen many a camera dudes, and yes I got gitty when I saw them. But I always remained focused on the course, or road. I Think they ( photographers) do take a risk in their business. Maybe that is a rediculous lawsuite. Or its taking a chance with a student pilot in a POS whirly bird.

;)

I love going to the web and seeing my photo, maybe one or two are really sweet. Then I purchase them. Alot of the guys will sell you a disk with your photos. This photo below was from C&C race photos. He has sold on the web since the web has been. Anyway great photos eveyone. Sorry no street pics yet.

Robertsride8-29-08145.jpg

BC

Most charge about $20 for a full size JPEG. They usually cut a deal for purchasing multiple shots. Once you get one you'll see why they are worth $20. Quality. These aren't exactly the cameras we whip out on our dual-sport trips. If the contrast is good and you like the angle then you can bet the full size will be stunning.

MG_54756e800450.jpg

Rick Clemson Photography (I reduced from purchased biggie)

418SAT247e.JPG

hwy94photo.com (I b/w'd, cropped and reduced it from biggie)

I love going to the web and seeing my photo, maybe one or two are really sweet. Then I purchase them. Alot of the guys will sell you a disk with your photos. This photo below was from C&C race photos. He has sold on the web since the web has been. Anyway great photos eveyone. Sorry no street pics yet.

Robertsride8-29-08145.jpg

BC

Carlos and his wife are great people...

He's also a photog at the local D38 races.

I've bought many from him, as he'll sit in the heat for hours and hours. And really, he's not some young buck who can handle the heat or walk to spots of rough terrain. But he does a good job, and also travels to do Baja races and other off-road events. Been doing it for years (like you say - before internet or since internet anyway)

Where was your photo taken??

The first time i saw that guy out there shooting pictures I almost crashed trying to read the banner. Since then I've tried to perfect my technique . . . mawhahhahahahahahahahahahaha! :unsure:

hwy94photos-07-12-09207.jpg

hwy94photos_07-12-09208.jpg

All the pics are good, just ride and not look at the camera. He will take the pictures. Remember outside inside outside, look through the turn.

06-14-09-619.jpg

06-14-09-620.jpg

06-14-09-621.jpg