It has been a year of trying to get registered on SDAR. I was raised in Mexicali, raced D38 as a teen; lived in Oakland, rode lots of Sierras; lived in Virginia, rode lots of enduros; and now have been in San Diego a year, and ride Baja. While in Virginia I was with the Northern Virginia Trail Riders and did some writing to improve the image of the sport. I also cut some cool ride videos.

I like short one-day tough rides, and cutting new trail, but also like to do longer Baja rides going point-to-point. I am open to doing rides anywhere from Idaho to the Baja tip, but the further away, the better it has to be.

My riding ability is average Vet B, according to my enduro results from last year. I virtually do not race, but will entertain competition in technical trails, where speeds are kept low. I am considering buying a trials bike because I love rocks.

I am 39 years old, and live near Del Mar. My 4- and 5-year olds are very competent riders for their age. If anyone wants to do a family ride, I would love to participate. I feel the best way for kids to like riding is by watching, and riding with, other kids.

What else? Feel free to ask.

Thanks.

John

sounds good Juan!!! welcome to the fun!!!

there's a few family people in here, so keep eyes out for rides!

Blind :(, likes more family times

Welcome to the group. Good to see another family that rides together, see ya on the trail.

Welcome to the group, glad to have ya!

Check out the "Informal Local Rides & Who's Going Riding" section often. Someone is going somewhere almost EVERY weekend!

I heard a guy waited 6 months for an oil change once, so a year isn't bad... :(

Welcome aboard! Lots of rider rides & family rides here so plenty to choose from....enjoy!

Welcome John. I look forward to riding with you soon, tis the season. :) Ken

Welcome to the group.

:)

I love BAJA too. If I could I would go at least 4 times per year! But lately it's been down to once per year.

If you are familiar with RSV maybe we could do some day trips down there.

I like short one-day tough rides, and cutting new trail, but also like to do longer Baja rides going point-to-point. I am open to doing rides anywhere from Idaho to the Baja tip, but the further away, the better it has to be.

Welcome John - you might wanna contact members Javi, Tree, & Baja Dick to name a few.......those guys ride in Baja all the time.....

welcome John... I don't know why fake name is always so mean to me... Wait!... Yeah I do!

Any way; welcome to the club... Fewer Baja trips than in past years, but a couple per year.

I also ride with my kids often; they are 9 and 12 and big showoffs... They would love to ride with your kids!

Welcome to SDAR.

Don't ride like BikeSlut. :)

And don't ride like FakeName! :D

Welcome John!!!

Welcome aboard. Looks like you'll have plenty of like-minded trail riders to join you on some rides. :)

Welcome to the forum, Juan. I'm Baja obsessed too. Been doing day rides around Tecate and some overnight rides for a little over a year. I'll be out of action for about 6 months after my last adventure though.

Maybe when I'm back, we can try a day ride around Tecate. Compared to any of the guys who race, I'm a slow rider, but I usually manage to get in and out of most places.

Welcome, Lots of people here ride with their family, just look at Dig Doug and Mickey. :lol: Only one of us waits 6 months for and oil change though. :rolleyes:

Welcome, Lots of people here ride with their family, just look at Dig Doug and Mickey. :lol: Only one of us waits 6 months for and oil change though. :rolleyes:

I was away all day. Rode to the top of Black mountain with my son, then raced over to Malcolm Smith Motorsports to catch Jeff Ward and some other great guys buy children bikes in defiance of the new child lead law. I then get back home to see a great and warm set of responses from SDAR members, and feel it was well worth waiting to get the login approved.

I am looking forward to posting and riding soon.

Thanks.

John

It has been a year of trying to get registered on SDAR. I was raised in Mexicali, raced D38 as a teen; lived in Oakland, rode lots of Sierras; lived in Virginia, rode lots of enduros; and now have been in San Diego a year, and ride Baja. While in Virginia I was with the Northern Virginia Trail Riders and did some writing to improve the image of the sport. I also cut some cool ride videos.

My riding ability is average Vet B, according to my enduro results from last year. I virtually do not race, but will entertain competition in technical trails, where speeds are kept low. I am considering buying a trials bike because I love rocks.

I am 39 years old, and live near Del Mar. My 4- and 5-year olds are very competent riders for their age. If anyone wants to do a family ride, I would love to participate. I feel the best way for kids to like riding is by watching, and riding with, other kids.

What else? Feel free to ask.

Thanks.

John

Juan bien venido..Im 40 years old and Im from Ensenada I live in el cajon, but I love riding la baja, every year we make a good ride down la baja, day after thanksgiven, we have plans to go San Quintin again we give you more details later