bikeslut

official cc ride report

post-122-1235791293.jpg

post-122-1235791314.jpg

after a day of riding and wrenchingpost-122-1235791326.jpg

this can't be real...can it?post-122-1235791341.jpg

foreign bikes in domestic truckspost-122-1235791354.jpg

That Aprilla is a good looking bike.

By the way, where did Craig go? I followed him down Kernan to Stokes and when I got there he was gone. I do not think he went Kernan south to Bear I think he went east to Buckman springs. I waited for the dude at the top of Kernan at Bear for awhile, no tracks from him, he was gone. I think he had to pick up his kid at 2 or he would be in trouble.

In any case I enjoyed sharing the trails with all of you. I am impressed at all of the skills today over the rocks. As you know I go there quite a bit by myself, but it was way more fun keeping up with the crowd and knowing that if anything went wrong there would be help in numbers.

Hope to ride with all of you agoin.

Jed

Jed- Craig survived... he posted on another site. I would guess you are right about him bailing on the dirt, and taking the road.

That was a good paced group, for sure... no major mechanicals, no real biffs, and an easy mix of personalities...

Bill "I'll lead, but you won't like it..." :lol: "well then, Bill... don't take me there... take me somewhere I WILL like" :rolleyes::)

Nice fast paced 3 hour ride on a beautiful perfect day. What a scenic view.

EVERYONE: Great riding with all of you.

BikeSlut you must excel at changing flats with all the practice. Another FLAT!!! What did you do to aggravate the gods. I am calling you when I need expert advise with tire changes in the field. Throw the rear tire out PLEASE!!!! It is cursed. Accept it. You have angered the gods. Repent.

BEEZZZ

to all: bike flats... ok

a flat on my TRUCK? you HAVE to be kidding me!

beezzz; not near as good on changing flats as you would think... i'm going tuebliss

CAN YOU SAY NUETECH? SDAR PRICE $ 83.99 SEE YOU SOON!

I AM STARTING TO SEE A TREND HERE BS!!! COULD BE A DELIGHTFULL NOVEL FOR THE FUTURE? :unsure: .

JUST THINK OF ALL THOSE TIMES ON THE TRAIL WITH YOUR BUDDIES SNAPPING RANDOM PIXS, AND MAKING SURE YOU ARE DOING THE INSTALL CORRECTLY!!!! :blink:

YOU SHOULD BE READY FOR ISDE SOON WITH ALL YOUR TIRE EXPERIANCE

BC

brent; I am starting to worry whether I have the right rimlock; at least 2 flats at painted gorge were caused by the rimlock, and this one was a torn stem when I was sure the rimlock was tight... Its all pretty frustrating.

Now the truck tire... It was a stem, too... Seriously; who gets stem failure on a 20,000 mile vehicle?!?!

I think beezzz is right

BC

I checked the NUETECH web site and it looks really cool. Is anyone here using the product?? and were do you go to get a SDAR Price??

20K miles? Wow that truck looks "driven".

You can't mention the "driven" truck without bringing up the "ridden" bike in the back of it.

BC

I checked the NUETECH web site and it looks really cool. Is anyone here using the product?? and were do you go to get a SDAR Price??

BC330 is Brent from All American KTM in Ramona... Great guy, and by all reports an outstanding shop

Beezzz is on to somthin... I do belive you must have taken a leak on a unknown desert god memorial. Did you forget to do the " dance " around your bike before and after each ride? just somthing to ponder.

BC

PS. Anyone interested in tubeless front and rear for your dual sports. Please feel free to contact me at the shop and I will be happy to tell ya all about it.

760-788-7733

you must have taken a leak on a unknown desert god memorial.

fo show - tubeless sounds like the perfect match for the BikeSlut

you must have taken a leak on a unknown desert god memorial.

fo show - tubeless sounds like the perfect match for the BikeSlut

bikeslut will find someway to get a flat. Reference above statement.

No more flats for anyone, thats all I want for all of you. By the way this is an old question that was never answered: I know many of you carry front tubes with you. Can those be stuffed into a rear tire in case of a blowout? I never had to go there.

No more flats for anyone, thats all I want for all of you. By the way this is an old question that was never answered: I know many of you carry front tubes with you. Can those be stuffed into a rear tire in case of a blowout? I never had to go there.

I can't say that I've had as much trailside tire repair experience as the BS has, but the front tube does work in the rear tire.

I have done it... My rimlock caused the first two flats; too many holes to patch, and only one backup 18"... So I took out the rimlock, and stuffed a 21"... Then promptly tore the stem out.

Jed; for the local riding you do, packing only a 21 is probably safe

BC

Nuetech Tu Bliss looks good, but does it help when you run over a nail or cactus, or just with eliminating pinch flats? Can you run Slime with the system (not that I do NOW, but it sure looks like it could get messy)?

Sorry 'slut-o, but inquiring minds want to know :ok:

Hi-Jack off :ok:

The tu bliss system works great for those of us who ride in the extremly rocky areas. As for the sticks, and stobs it would depend on the size! If its bigger than a couple plugs, or plug patches...you may not be able to air back up. But the cool thing is you dont loose the bead. The inner seal part prevents the bead from comming off. Or so they claim. Not sure this tool is BS proof! :ok: :ok:

As for slime ...not my favorite, but have been known to cary some in the pit box!!

BC

Whoo Hoo Hijackin' is a hoot :ok: