Crawdaddy

Slutto - Say it ain't so......

I'm sipping on a Yuengling right now out here in not quite so sunny, warm, or dry Norfolk, VA.

Home

75117736_XwUj9-L.jpg

I'm with ya.

you should try this at least once.

bigfoot-ale.jpg

Hey, I like this thread.

Yep, Stone is another good one !!

Support the local community and drink the best beer at the same time: :lol:

Nothing wrong with going local (if there's no Samuel Smiths to be found).......but ya gotta know what to order......for me, it's THIS beer from Stone:

levitationale.jpg

Stone is awesome as a brewery. Oceanside Ale works is near me and opens the brewery floor on saturdays. Its like 5 bucks to buy your big cup and 3 dollar refills or something :lol:

I am a newcastle fan also, its just such a smooth drinking beer. And then for the champagne of beers I go with Chimay Blue brewed by monks in Belgium. I got a Chimay pack for my birthday with the appropriate glass and everything :lol:

Polygamy Porter

This dark, medium bodied ale offers the drink-ability of a much lighter beer. The inviting chocolate and malty flavors fade into a slightly dry, silky smooth finish. Why have just one? 4.0% alcohol by volume.

• 2006 Silver Medal Winner, Brown Porter, North American Brewers' Association

I love the label..."Take one home for the wives"

Wasatch Brewery, Park City, Utah.

They also have a Devostator double bock which it 8% and has to be sold at State Liquor stores cuz it exceeds the ABV limits for beer. :lol:

Natural Light :lol:

OK- back to beer school for you!!

(speaking of which... we only have a few more weeks of "BrewMasters" classes at seaworld... beer aficionados should take advantage)

Ballard Bitter IPA from Red Hook was a popular choice when Fred (Snaildarter) and I were going to college in Oregon back in the dark ages.......(wasn't Jimmy Carter president then? :o ).......one of the lacrosse club teams in our league was sponsored by Red Hook Brewery so those games were always fun win or lose (we usually lost) :lol: .......The Ballard Bitter labels always cracked me up with the "Ya Sure Ya Betcha" on the label

beerlabelscom-01907.jpg

Another favorite of my brother’s was Black Dog Ale (he bred/trained/judged black labs)….Larry was a BIG TIME duck hunter so he got taken in by the marketing/labels……the “No WHiNERS” stamp on the upper part of the beer label is pretty funny……it’s not clear in the below photo but the dog’s collar says “CHUG”. :lol:

blackdog.jpg

I picked up these beer label images from Beer Labels.Com.......an astounding 4854 Beer Labels and Beer Bottles from 829 Brew Co's! :o:lol::)

I also love the smell of coffee brewing but cant stand the taste. Beer I dont like much either, but if I drink one it will be a Coors light. I would rather have a Dr. Pepper.

I cant believe I am going to say this outloud but I love strawberry bananna daqueries and TGIF mudslides. Umbrella drinks :lol:

Wife works at a Starbucks and school teaches and I can probably hit a golf ball at stone brewery from my house in escondido, not really since I live off Del Dios Hwy but its close. My wife lori loves Stone brewery and dark beer and Guiness also.

foofy fruit drinks are actually quite good for sipping around the pool... Dr Pepper is my beverage of choice as well...

I cant believe I am going to say this outloud but I love strawberry bananna daqueries and TGIF mudslides. Umbrella drinks :lol:

Wife works at a Starbucks and school teaches and I can probably hit a golf ball at stone brewery from my house in escondido, not really since I live off Del Dios Hwy but its close. My wife lori loves Stone brewery and dark beer and Guiness also.

Sounds like we oughta go riding with your wife while you stay home and bake us all cookies :lol::lol::o:o

Sounds like we need to make a stop at the Stone Brewery on the way to Barstow to stock up on some suds:

tn2_shawshank_redemption_4.jpg

"I think a man working outdoors feels more like a man if he can have a bottle of suds. That's only my opinion."

I also love the smell of coffee brewing but cant stand the taste. Beer I dont like much either, but if I drink one it will be a Coors light. I would rather have a Dr. Pepper.

I cant believe I am going to say this outloud but I love strawberry bananna daqueries and TGIF mudslides. Umbrella drinks ;)

Schwinn, now I really know you'll be wearing a Pink TuTu at the Desert Dash <_<:lol:

Actually, all volunteers at the DD have to wear a pink TuTu, Schwinn will supply them......he has a closet full :lol:

I concur.........Red Hook IPA, and ESB also.

Polygamy Porter......mmmmmmm, and I love the name and bottle......from Utah.

Also, Sierra Nevada Porter is delicious.

Support the local community and drink the best beer at the same time: :wacko:

Rogue and Lost Coast are difficult to find in SoCal but when I reach for a beer it more often than not is one of these...

20081121-karlstrauss.jpg

San Diego's Original Local Beer

BS, can u please comment on Mescalero's beer pairing? Is a combo meat plate and beans the proper compliment to Sierra?

KTMRad..re Utah/Polygamy Porter...as you probably guessed, Wasatch Brewery isn't owned by Mormons and they throw barbs at the locals with the beer names. What, with Evolution Ale, 1st Amendment Lager & Brigham's Brew (a root beer). Fun stuff, good beer & good food.

BS, can u please comment on Mescalero's beer pairing? Is a combo meat plate and beans the proper compliment to Sierra?

KTMRad..re Utah/Polygamy Porter...as you probably guessed, Wasatch Brewery isn't owned by Mormons and they throw barbs at the locals with the beer names. What, with Evolution Ale, 1st Amendment Lager & Brigham's Brew (a root beer). Fun stuff, good beer & good food.

I would LOVE to comment... I can't say I'm an expert on that beer though.... I would guess that a heavier beer would be a more traditional beer with that meal... it's hard to tell from the mirror shot

:) What's the issue??? :) ......Corona with a steak or a Sierra with a burrito......who cares :)

It's a simple formula - (Any) Food + (Tasty/malted) Beverage = Meal :lol:B)

:) What's the issue??? :) ......Corona with a steak or a Sierra with a burrito......who cares :)

It's a simple formula - (Any) Food + (Tasty/malted) Beverage = Meal :lol:B)

When I went through the "Brew Masters" class, we did a lot of different pairings (I think it is a low brow attempt to equate beer with wine)... surprisingly, different foods really do bring out different qualities in the beer... the most surprising to me was the Amber Bock with two different kinds of chocolate. It almost tasted like a different beer... it was actually pretty cool. It was like "prepping your palate" for the beer... Chris; come down to Seaworld... I'll set you up with admission and a class

That sounds kinda fun actually :) My cooking classes did the same thing but with wine.

It's a simple formula - (Any) Food + (Tasty/malted) Beverage = Meal :)B)

I agree.......pairing is "gay" :lol:B)

I cant believe I am going to say this outloud but I love strawberry bananna daqueries and TGIF mudslides. Umbrella drinks B)

Schwinn, now I really know you'll be wearing a Pink TuTu at the Desert Dash B):o

Actually, all volunteers at the DD have to wear a pink TuTu, Schwinn will supply them......he has a closet full :rolleyes:

KTMRAD- You used pink tu-tu, closet and schwinn all in the same sentance. :lol::lol: knock knock Im not coming out. :o

KTMRAD- You used pink tu-tu, closet and schwinn all in the same sentance. :rolleyes::o knock knock Im not coming out. B)

Are the cookies baked/ready yet? :lol::o:lol: