Crawdaddy

Slutto - Say it ain't so......

Just heard about this on the morning news.......it's a sad day in Buschland :lol::unsure::lol:

TRUE!!

With our new parent company, and impending sale of the theme park and packaging divisions, they will no longer be giving away samples...

I have known about this for a while, and expected it since the sale, but unable to say anything to all you riff-raff... we just announced it to team members Friday, and the media yesterday...

I will start SELLING beer at the same location... in Barstow, away from the prying eyes of "search functions", I'll fill you all in more... and drinking whatever damn brand of beer I want to!

I highly recommend Lindemans Lambic Framboise

framboise%20lambic_small.jpg

(Click the image for a high rez version)

I highly recommend Lindemans Lambic Framboise

framboise%20lambic_small.jpg

(Click the image for a high rez version)

is that FRENCH!!! You drink FRENCH beer???

Listen here, I eat freedom fries... I'm not drinking FRENCH beer... I dip my beef sandwich in JUICE... not dip my French Dip in au jus... I'm not drinking FRENCH BEER!!

OK- I was just crackin' wise :lol: ... I like a good hef, a hearty stout, and a snappy bock...

It's Belgium! I don't 'do' French.

(I'll be bringing some this weekend, EFF WHY EYE)

Funny Belgium looks bigger in the Atlas! :lol:

Actually, the company that bought Anheuser Busch is Belgian, too... they own Hoegaarden, Beck's, Stella Artois, Grolsch, and myriad other brews...

(I'll be bringing some this weekend, EFF WHY EYE)

Thanks for the reminder to pick up some "real" beer for the trip.....no "raspberry infused/chick beer" for me :lol:

My personal favorite brewery: http://www.merchantduvin.com/pages/5_breweries/samsmith.html :lol:

Hi- I am a friend of Bob's, but unaffiliated in any way to his company, In Bev, seaworld, or anything... in fact, I don't really like the guy, but he gave me his password, the big dope...

Michelob Infusions is the WORST thing ever dreamt up... it originally tried to survive as 9th Street Market, and was a flop... Zima was better than this stuff...

as far as the infusions go... I hear the Pomegranate is not bad, but you couldn't pay me to drink any more of that... Oops! Here comes Bob; gotta go

My favorite microbrewery is Sierra Nevada......their Celebration Ale is real nice, tried their special Wet Hop Ale in a 25 ounce bottle from BevMo, that was a REALLY tasty treat.

Alaskan is another good one.......found that while up in.......you guessed it, Alaska....they sell it here now too.

If you've noticed, Sierra Nevada is the star of the show :) in some of my write-ups.

In the High Sierra 2005

30044890_G3CkF-L.jpg

Outside Vegas

64736650_TP6TL-L.jpg

High Sierra 2006

75111877_8XEAV-L.jpg

Home

75117736_XwUj9-L.jpg

LOVE that hat Hedley!!!

if i deciefered it correctly....felt JUST like that today.

and back to the beer thread....

while looking at me, i think people "assume" i drink beer, i DO look like i would.

but even after YEARS of friendship i still get offers for beer....i still don't like it. STILL.

while i appreciate it, i find the aftertaste i dislike. similar to iced tea, a "bitter" taste, and lingering.

iced tea, no matter how much sugar, nope.

beer, no matter how "good" still has that after taste.

all that being said.....

for me, Jameson and Coke, cold coke, no ice.

Blind :) picky, and yet unrefined.

LOVE that hat Hedley!!!

and back to the beer thread....

while looking at me, i think people "assume" i drink beer, i DO look like i would.

but even after YEARS of friendship i still get offers for beer....i still don't like it. STILL.

while i appreciate it, i find the aftertaste i dislike. similar to iced tea, a "bitter" taste, and lingering.

iced tea, no matter how much sugar, nope.

beer, no matter how "good" still has that after taste.

all that being said.....

for me, Jameson and Coke, cold coke, no ice.

Blind :) picky, and yet unrefined.

I'll have you try the Lambic this weekend, and you shall be a changed man!

I get the same thing for coffee. Yuk.

Now sipping: Vodka, from the freezer, chilled glass, small twist of lime. Got a sick and whining 8 year old and juggling work schedule for two jobs right after X15.

Cheers!

post-399-1231290711_thumb.jpg

Guest crmyers

Hey give Alpine Brewery in Alpine a try, lots of flavors , none infused, none refused , samples too.

LOVE that hat Hedley!!!

Good beer, as many things, is an acquired taste

The hat.......friend from ADVrider gave it to me, it is the ADVrider slogan - FYYFF, similar to their salute. I can't say what it means here :)

it took about 4 years of drinking beer before I figured out what I liked... Of course, when you're 12 you drink whatever is available. Coffee; can't stand the taste of it, but love the smell of a brewing pot... Kahlua, gin and tequila... Each have rendered my poisoned on at least one occasion, so I can't drink those any more..

I drive past Alpine Brewery all the time, but never been inside. We have a cigar shop that also sells their beers.

I have been diving in to the "beer/food" pairing thing the last few days... It has been fun and only a little bit intoxicating... Like who knew that a good dark chocolate brings out the flavors of an amber bock, and milk chocolate tends to bring out the malt?

They tried to convince me that a strawberry would go well with shock top, but I had to sample a few different beer/fruit pairings before I decided that an orange was best.

That was really a good day at work