akcooper9

12-27 (Saturday) Dual Sport Ride

After finally getting my new dual sport ready for the road....it was time for a dual sport ride! My Dad and I prepped our WR's and dress warm as there was a big nip in the air. We left our house in the country estates of Ramona and headed for Black Canyon.

In front of the gate getting ready to leave!

1.jpg

Opps someone forgot to check tire pressure

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Black Canyon Bridge…the construction you see in the back ground is costing us Tax Payers 2.3 million dollars…

5.jpg

6.jpg

Taking a break at the end of Black Canyon

7.jpg

This is my favorite picture…look at me in the back ground…couldn’t have timed it any better!

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

I'm not sure if my Dad is taking a picture or a crap?

11.jpg

The road from the Hide Out to Warner Springs was cold so stopped and put some make shift masks.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

All in all it was a good day…

Nice write-up.......I like the pics of the old cabin. Looks like some neat trails too.

Very nice. I would like to find the trails with the old structures and mine shafts on them. ;)

Very nice. I would like to find the trails with the old structures and mine shafts on them. B)

Im going back saturday for some more exploring...if anyone wants to join me, i will be leaving from my house around 730-8. i think i have a good loop planned with lots of new stuff!

My Dad and I prepped our WR's

Is your dad gonna step up for the X-Plane ride?

I will be leaving from my house...i can meet people in town at a gas station...from there its out black canyon and off in to the wild blue yonder!

hey akcooper,

i am out in the estates as well and i may be interested in this ride on sat if you don't mind.

i am out in the estates as well and i may be interested in this ride on sat if you don't mind.

all are welcome...ill give the final word on when im leaving and what not in the next day or so

all are welcome...ill give the final word on when im leaving and what not in the next day or so

Excellent. :rolleyes:

I just got off the phone with Tom Holas. We are riding on Saturday (1/3/2009). He is meeting me at my house (PM for address if you’re going) at 730. We will leave my driveway around 7:40 or so and head into town (Ramona) for gas at the Highway Market gas station (last station on your way out of town towards Julian). From there we will fill up and head north. I will post up a GPS file and a map later tonight.

So who is in and who is out?

Ramona Weather Forcast:

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USCA0908.html

I got a message from a member asking where we would be riding...well here are two options. The one the heads north can leave from Ramona...the one in the desert is best if we truck the bikes to S2 and stage from Pinyon. Either way I will be riding one of these so which ever one you guys want to do let me know. Please note that the desert loop will come out at split mount rd so if we want to meet Crawdaddy for a little ride we could.

Ok for this ride, I am planning on heading north towards hemet (see below image)

WSDS.jpg

However we could also do a ride in the desert that street legal only bikes...about 130 mile loop with only 10 miles of pavement.

DS.jpg

Haha....that first loop looks like it includes the "Nutcracker" trail off of Wilson Valley road. :ph34r:

Haha....that first loop looks like it includes the "Nutcracker" trail off of Wilson Valley road. :ph34r:

i just googled Wilson Valley Rd...its not part of the ride but if I may, what is the "Nutcracker" Trail B)

i just googled Wilson Valley Rd...its not part of the ride but if I may, what is the "Nutcracker" Trail B)

It sure does look like the "Nutcracker" trail dirt dame!!!

akcooper9 - The "Nutcracker" is the name spaugh gave to the little singletrack we rode on THIS RIDE since, well, you can imagine why... (let's just say he needs to stand up a little more on the downhills) :)

Great little trail by the way!!!

Have you been up there lately and are Hixon and Allesandro clear of snow??? I've been wanting to do a little trail riding in the mountains and give the desert a break for a while - I love Big Bear, but there's too much of that white stuff on the ground up there - I was just thinking today that Hixon/Allesandro might be doable...

Nutcracker Trail looks like a blasat...where exactly is it? Does anyone have a gps location/file of it that they want set me up with? It's near where we are going saturday we might as well include it :ph34r:

anyways let me know....BTW Happy New Year

Nutcracker Trail looks like a blasat...where exactly is it? Does anyone have a gps location/file of it that they want set me up with? It's near where we are going saturday we might as well include it :ph34r:

anyways let me know....BTW Happy New Year

the nutcracker trail was a real ball breaker. B)

you going up or down alesandro saturday?

I got a message from a member asking where we would be riding...well here are two options. The one the heads north can leave from Ramona...the one in the desert is best if we truck the bikes to S2 and stage from Pinyon. Either way I will be riding one of these so which ever one you guys want to do let me know. Please note that the desert loop will come out at split mount rd so if we want to meet Crawdaddy for a little ride we could.

Ok for this ride, I am planning on heading north towards hemet (see below image)

WSDS.jpg

However we could also do a ride in the desert that street legal only bikes...about 130 mile loop with only 10 miles of pavement.

DS.jpg

Well,

What is the final plan, meeting place/time for tomorrow?

Well,

as of right now its only Tom and I so we will be leaving out of Ramona and going out black canyon and up towards Warner Springs...

no one else had said they are in but all are welcome...if you want to go, you can either park in the front of my house and leave with us or meet us in town at the Highway Market gas station.

Well,

as of right now its only Tom and I so we will be leaving out of Ramona and going out black canyon and up towards Warner Springs...

no one else had said they are in but all are welcome...if you want to go, you can either park in the front of my house and leave with us or meet us in town at the Highway Market gas station.

Add one more to your list if you'll have me!

I think I've got my kitchen pass.

I'll probably truck the bike up to Ramona (or your place, whichever you think is better for leaving the truck) and ride from there...

Still shooting for 7:30?