:lol:

let's say I was "inspired"... I went out to Corral Canyon solo... I parked at Bobcat Meadows and started out on trail 1 second half; Saw the rocky climb that dumped Mimi last time, and took a wack at it... the ground was, for the most part, grippy, but slick patches of mud all around. I'd be railing a turn, and hit snot, and slide out, but managed to save them all... THEN, I did trail 3A... up... what a mess; slippery rocks gave me fits all the way up, but I didn't loop it til right near the top... photo tomorrow... I pulled a fake name; how does the bike end up like that when you were going up hill, you might ask.. don't ask... front tire hit a small step, back tire starting spinning, then hooked up, and I was down (not for the last time)... cuz I turned around and went back down

Jeff- I went and picked a fight with trail 5 for ya... I kicked his ass... ok, let's just say, it was like a bar fight... we fought for a while, and I won; but gained some respect for him in the end... we're buddies now; I'll introduce him to you (yes; I dumped it there, too)...I kept saying to myself, the same thing I said to steveo at Jacumba; giving myself all the same pointers... throttle up that! remove the goggles (of course my specs still fogged up)

re-found the tightest little singletrack at corral canyon... injury free on that trail

Bombed the jumps on trail 2 and almost cross-rutted at speed while landing one... thank you whoever invented berms

I saw one Jeep the whole time there... No driver, just a lone Cherokee sitting partway up trail 5 (where roost, fake and I turned around last time) Looked like he maybe had enough?

Total of about 2 hours riding, and about 20 minutes taking pictures, 15 minutes of crashing, and 3 minutes of saying "damn that hurt" Hit the ground probably 5 times, and my bike took a nap another 5. No other bikes or quads out there.

First time at Corral that I didn't run Kernan at least once.

good on ya BS for getting in the ride ....SOLO no less!!!! :lol:

and looking for a fight, more man than i am!!!!

i'z a lover not a fighter!!! :lol:

glad ya made it safe, and a good day it looks like out there....(*from my window view....all i see is clouds....)

and for the amount of pic time allotted, are we gonna see some goodies???

hoping so!!!

Blind :lol:

it was cloudy for sure; los pinos was invisable.

I wouldve rather have somebody to ride with, but I know people have lots going on... Normally I kind of like to think Norm is looking out for me, in some strange way... Like I know he's not stalking me with binoculars or anything, but every time I've talked to him, he seems to be aware of when I came in, how many in my party, and who was fastest up to the tower. The ride today was definitely not for everyone... It was a long two hours.

I'm home icing my thumb and sholder right now, and assessing the helmet van damage... Some bondo oughtta do it.

Brad; you wouldve had fun, but bringing your fiancée wouldve changed the rest of your life

it was cloudy for sure; los pinos was invisable.

I wouldve rather have somebody to ride with, but I know people have lots going on... Normally I kind of like to think Norm is looking out for me, in some strange way... Like I know he's not stalking me with binoculars or anything, but every time I've talked to him, he seems to be aware of when I came in, how many in my party, and who was fastest up to the tower. The ride today was definitely not for everyone... It was a long two hours.

I'm home icing my thumb and sholder right now, and assessing the helmet van damage... Some bondo oughtta do it.

Brad; you wouldve had fun, but bringing your fiancée wouldve changed the rest of your life

Norm has a lot of time on his hands up there, so he's like Santa Clause, always keeping an eye on you so be good for goodness sakes... :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: sorry you had to ride alone, but you made it out Ok and had some fun, should be able to make it next time, I like CC not crazy about rock climbing without ropes B) you mentioned mud when did it rain today or last night?

rained last night; no puddles, but plenty of snot... I took the opportunity, freed of leading and sweeping responsibilities, to push the limits. It was still 45 degrees when I left, so heat related issues were pretty much impossible.

Lots of rock climbing, though... Like trail 5 had two fairly large steps; if you didn't charge it, you'd be on your butt. I made it about 100 yards past where we turned around, and got high sided on a rock. Actually cracked my head on that one... It was weird; I would be nervous on a trail, then decide "ah, I did 3; how hard could 5 be?"

Did trail 9 ( I think) that was good fun; thanks again for removing the bronco, metal twister! That was an eyesore! Mightve been trail 8.

Trail 6 was a bit slimy; kind of surprised me... I didn't fall but I was sure paying attention.

3A was everything I expected. Skid plate did its job, but the boulder field was a bear.

I was just looking through the pics and noticed I am only in one, and my bikes only in two.

Jeff; I'll take you on the same route some day when we are both feeling invincible. In spite of making it through all the trails it was a bit humbling... Which I constantly need...

Pics tomorrow; of clouds and rocks

BS, I like the tranquility of riding solo too, but not black trails. At the risk of sounding like Fakename, u should have someone with u on those kinds of trails. It only takes one false move, even for advanced riders that call themselves "low intermediate" (yeah right). I like riding solo so much I am tempted to buy that Spot device.

be safe out there, we all go solo from time to time, just always have a plan!

Also you guys amaze me,,,,you know the name/number of the trail system, I don't even remember what street I live on!!!! C-ya on the trail ,,,number??????. R

it was cold when I started!

IMGP0205.jpg

And just a bit cloudy.... You SHOULD see Norm's tower over there

IMGP0204.jpg

did all the fun stuff

IMGP0209.jpg

slut bike naps... he started this out facing UPHILL

IMGP0214.jpg

this is a trail

IMGP0208.jpg

This is the only one to prove I was there... that is the top of trail 5- easier than 3A by just a little

IMGP0222.jpg

this picture I took JUST FOR STEVEO- the rest of you can't look-

Steve- this is a step similar to the one at KLY canyon, but a lot bigger... still just rolled right up it with a little trottle, and a 21" front tire... a SuMo tire might've bucked

IMGP0218.jpg

back to work- more pics later

Wow your truck has 19353+ miles already! Didn't you just buy it about a year ago?

Damn I missed another good ride. When I get back I think I wanna do these trails.

Very nics pics, looks like you figured out the whole posting thing :lol:

I'll be hosting a "How To Clinic" on message board posting sometime after the first of the year :lol:

*snicker*

Jon- I work in Mission Bay- I live in Alpine- I have band rehearsal on the coast, too... My loser cruiser has 40,000 and it is only 6 months older! Yeah we can ride them, when you get your own bike... Roger would not forgive me :lol:

Strega- I figured it out :lol:

I still can't get my home computer to talk to my camera, though! I have to load my card in to my laptop, burn a CD, then load the CD in to my wife's laptop in order to post from home... and that's IF she is off the computer long enough (on-line college)

here's some more

IMGP0206.jpg

IMGP0207.jpg

IMGP0210.jpg

IMGP0213.jpg

IMGP0215.jpg

I was on a strict "every 5 minute picture" schedule, so some of these pics are fairly tame, but gives a good idea of the soil status... the DG and sand were great... the wet silt was slick as snot... in some of the pics, you can see my tire marks as the spun the mud onto the rocks.

For the record; my bike was on the ground WAY more than these pictures show... the one that I took, the engine was still running and the back tire spinning, so I knew I wouldn't flood the engine... being out there alone, while it was so cold did play in to some decisions that day... when I biffed on trail 5, I hurt some body parts, and didn't hit any more "most difficult" trails that day

I got a PM asking for trail ratings for CC

I consider myself a low intermediate rider... 100% serious, no sandbagging!!

The "most difficult" trails in Corral are what I would consider "intermediate" or "intermediate+"

robertaccio seemed to charge up 3A (I was in the campground)... I would therefore consider him intermediate+ to advanced (maybe higher?) I would not charge up that on my best day...

If you've ridden with me, and think I suck (don't bother posting that... keep it to yourself :lol: ), then by all means, take a whack at all that Corral Canyon has to offer... If you've ridden with me, and put yourself in the same category, more or less; 3A and 5 are a handful... doable, but not easy.

trail 1, 2, 6, 11, Kernan, Spur Meadow, Espinosa, Ridge (up towards the tower), 8 and 9 are much funner trails by a long shot, and very ridable by most of this forum.

- I have, by now, ridden with about 40 of you at one time or another... so a lot of you have a frame of reference (even if I was riding sweep)... just trying to keep it real for mi homeys :lol:

Charge??? more like pick and choose carefully with a proactive stance,,,,oh so that's 3A........

BS any less powdery at this time??? That thing was like flour last time,,, super powdery.

That first uphill section is tough because momentum is impossible to get from that first sharp left before climbing that loose rocky section.

You guys did not know that I threw my chain near the top of the first hill climb, did ya? I was lucky I just lined er back up on the rear sprocket and rolled backwards and it popped right back on. It was in that little tight spot just before the crest. C ya on the trails,,,

hey also as you guys all ready know, be advised your weekday rides are best at corral,,,

another friend (video man B.C.) had a head-on there on Sun (too many people),,no serious injury but very close to bad stuff.

you can see the H cam vid on KTM talk regional Socal elbeau s post. It could have been ugly. hope to ride with you guys again soon.

I am making my re-debut this weekend,,,,biz trip/ illness and suspension work have kept me off the bike for more than a few weeks,, time to train again lots of fun stuff coming in 09!!!!! R

no powder anywhere... the silt on 3A turned slick, and the trail was more rutted than when you rode it... I would say, I did have it a bit easier because of the temperature...

I didn't actually see you ride it; I heard you... then the others started attacking the boulders, and i couldn't hear you any more :lol:

So, I walked over there, and you were already gone... and you're right about that first pitch; SHARP left, then UP. I remembered that from last time, and actually did OK on that section; more trouble in the boulder field though, because of the slick rocks.

Yeah; let's go out riding after my thumb heals

IMGP0221.jpg

WOW I don't think you ever took so many pictures, I noted on Sundays ride we only did 65miles but stopped and looked alot and took some pictures, I have been taking some of the more enjoyable rides putting all the clips together and burning a DVD some of them about 45minutes long. I know they are not your cup of tea but I inject the still photos and some narration and sometimes a sound track, a few years from now they maybe entertaining? :)

WOW I don't think you ever took so many pictures, I noted on Sundays ride we only did 65miles but stopped and looked alot and took some pictures, I have been taking some of the more enjoyable rides putting all the clips together and burning a DVD some of them about 45minutes long. I know they are not your cup of tea but I inject the still photos and some narration and sometimes a sound track, a few years from now they maybe entertaining? :)

I was seriously trying to see what it would be like to take a picture every 5 minutes :D ... i didn't even post them all :)

Stopping for pictures every five minutes is a great way to avoid getting in a groove...

NOW... about this DVD... who picked the sound track? Is it something that would you could make a copy of? I'd pay for it... my pics never make it in to my home library... they get stuffed on to photobucket, or i save them on this site... i would love to see the DVD.

SDL did a montage of phantom trail that he posted on u-tube, with a soundtrack from a local guy... that was pretty cool.

IMGP0217.jpg

Jeff- remember your old friend trail 5 :D

He was apparently adopted, and has since worked on his manners... still a handful

The sun DID peak out here and there

IMGP0202.jpg

When we accomplish another good ride I will throw a DVD together I am learning I need to move around in the group more so I can get video of everyone, then after everyone post their pictures I can get them of the site and include them with the video stuff as far as the soundtrack I will be open to suggestion as my audio library is limited and mostly christian music, I do have some stuff I like classic stuff like deep purple and Led Zepplin I even got stuff like black oak arkansas?

about trail #5 I had no idea where I was going and I was leading, I really was not looking at the signs and if I was it wouldn't have meant anything to me, I was just riding, I had a great time that day we were covering a lot of ground, but after losing the front end and being limited to the kick starter I lost interest I figured I would be kicking a few more times before the day was over, if we continued up? FN convinced me I didn't want to go that way.

When we accomplish another good ride I will throw a DVD together I am learning I need to move around in the group more so I can get video of everyone, then after everyone post their pictures I can get them of the site and include them with the video stuff as far as the soundtrack I will be open to suggestion as my audio library is limited and mostly christian music, I do have some stuff I like classic stuff like deep purple and Led Zepplin I even got stuff like black oak arkansas?

fake name to the white courtesy phone...

Jeff; I can give you my i-tunes password... a couple thousand tunes

Looks like a great time, you got to hit all the fun trails. I need to get back out there. This time of year is great in Pine Valley.

Nice batch of rocks....er, I mean pictures ya got there, Bob. :bad: Looked like plenty of traction where the rocks weren't.

Nice super nice!!!!,,, I could not open the photos before and see the moist conditions!! Good stuff and all that on yer DRZ very nice!!!

hey also as you guys all ready know, be advised your weekday rides are best at corral,,,

another friend (video man B.C.) had a head-on there on Sun (too many people),,no serious injury but very close to bad stuff.

my buddy bryan and I went out there a week ago and he had a head on coming down kernan. He was going relatively slow and a quad came flying around a corner and wham. No one hurt, but it is very dangerous out there on the weekends for sure Rob.

my buddy bryan and I went out there a week ago and he had a head on coming down kernan. He was going relatively slow and a quad came flying around a corner and wham. No one hurt, but it is very dangerous out there on the weekends for sure Rob.

Yeah, you may be able to miss hitting another bike head-on, but on a tight trail there is no way to dodge a quad. They are simply too wide. :bad: