PastaPilot

Weekday In-Ko Pah Ride

Wow lot's of activity today. Fakename, sorry to leave you out of this one but I'm in Charlotte now and won't be home until noon tomorrow. Julie's wanting to fly on Friday. Then the weekend.

I'll be trucking it out from my house. Exit 77 is the In-Ko-Pah/Desert Tower Exit. Exit turn right and park in the big dirt patch on the south side of Olde Hwy 80.

830AM work? see ya there!

There is a good size rock step leading into KLR canyon. It's fun to ride up but not very easy for a bigger bike. I guess there's another way in, but I don't know that way. Last time through there wwere spotters helping people up it. going in the back way may be easier that way we will then ride down the step.

Does anybody still have the picture, .gif or video of the infamous KLR from KLR canyon?

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=180

It is a nice ride, but I don't think I would post it for beginners. It can be rough, especially on a bike over 350 lbs. I don't know if the loop is easier one way over the other. So Jon, how are those tires holding out?

:blink: Ken

I've always ridden the step "down"... I could see riding up it on a bigger bike could be an issue...

okey dokey... 8:30 Thursday near exit 77

I wouldn't ride out there on my V Strom, but anything smaller would do just fine... IMHO

begginer? No

low intermediate (me) ? I think so

The first time I rode here, we had a ktm wash out at the bottom, and a DR200 dig in near the top of the sand hill... other than that, it was smiles for miles

See you all there (Paul; I'll help with your school work some Monday morning if it will free you up for this ride... the ride is just not the same without you... it's... quiet)

keep it green sticker and i'm in

I think this IS a green sticker ride... somebody that is smarter then I am; feel free to correct me...

i wouldn't miss my job. I have new seals, just need to install them. You guys doing any exploratory riding??

like always; we'll ride to the level of the riders... I sent Jon a PM... if we split in to two groups, I'll keep the less experienced people with me, and Jon/Ozzy/Bill will go find something a little more on the edge...

Planning on going Brad?

So far: slosher, seteve-o, slut and pilot are in

ozzy/racerbill/spaugh/roostingu are tentative

i wouldn't miss my job. I have new seals, just need to install them. You guys doing any exploratory riding??

like always; we'll ride to the level of the riders... I sent Jon a PM... if we split in to two groups, I'll keep the less experienced people with me, and Jon/Ozzy/Bill will go find something a little more on the edge...

Planning on going Brad?

ozzy/racerbill/spaugh are tentative

Brad; you have the tools to install the fork seals? I am on kid duty til Thursday, or else I would help you... as always, my TW200, my TTR125 and the XRL with deathwings are available for use... not quite up to the bike standards you have, but...

Bob, I appreciate the generous offer. I do have a seal driver though, just not much motivation. But I'll try and get em in tonight or tomorrow and see if I can get away from work, its been very slow there.

I've managed to put two bikes out of commission in one weekend.

Mines the easier fix.

Briana's needs a little love. :blink:

3079203106_bc85d41803.jpg

I'm no expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...

That bike seems to missing the spark plug, and that other thingie...

You mean...the powerband? :blink::lol:

:blink:B)

ya, I had to take the spark plug off for some routine maintenance :lol:

glad I wasn't in the desert when the spark plug stopped working.

Does 8:30 mean meet at 8:30 or ready to ride at 8:30? I'm trying to figure out what time I have to get up in the morning. :lol:

begginer? No.

low intermediate (me) ? I think so.

The first time I rode here, we had a ktm wash out at the bottom, and a DR200 dig in near the top of the sand hill... other than that, it was smiles for miles.

bikeslut, are you rating yourself as low intermediate? If so, I'm in trouble. :blink:

Steve

:blink:B)

ya, I had to take the spark plug off for some routine maintenance :lol:

glad I wasn't in the desert when the spark plug stopped working.

ok brad- log off, install your seals and make the call to take thursday off:

I'm am trying to talk a newb buddy from work, so the hardcore exploratory thing will probably not happen.

Roost/ Bruce/ bum/ esefa- up for riding?

Does 8:30 mean meet at 8:30 or ready to ride at 8:30? I'm trying to figure out what time I have to get up in the morning. :lol:

begginer? No.

low intermediate (me) ? I think so.

The first time I rode here, we had a ktm wash out at the bottom, and a DR200 dig in near the top of the sand hill... other than that, it was smiles for miles.

bikeslut, are you rating yourself as low intermediate? If so, I'm in trouble. :blink:

Steve

830 roll up time, unless you're the type that has pluck eyebrows, air up tires, and adjust plug gaps after you get there...

No trouble; we'll keep an eye on each other, and all of us low intermediates will get through it...

I might join you guys for this one, I need to change the setup on the 530 I take it I need a plate for this ride? I should be able to get that done wednesday, how many you got going on this one so far? :blink:

I might join you guys for this one, I need to change the setup on the 530 I take it I need a plate for this ride? I should be able to get that done wednesday, how many you got going on this one so far? :blink:

no plate needed

Do you have some kind of Itinerary for this ride ? I would ride the smoker with approx 50mile range. I thought Hpilot mentioned something like riding in ko pah and onto the desert? :lol:

Do you have some kind of Itinerary for this ride ? I would ride the smoker with approx 50mile range. I thought Hpilot mentioned something like riding in ko pah and onto the desert? :lol:

I will not be riding ALL day... I have the DRZ/Exxon Valdez, so gas isn't an issue as long as you have an empty container and some 2 stroke oil... I rode with somebody that mixed gas and oil in a regular oil quart container... carried it in his pack... it mixed up as he rode.

Or we can ride Valley of the Moon for 50 miles, hit the trucks for a fill up, then go the other side of the freeway for 50 more...

No worries!

bring the smoker, I know where the hard stuff is on the south side.

:lol:

This one is called spiteful. There's no smilie for jealous. But I gave my word to two great teachers that they'd have their projector mounts. And Thursday is the only day....

Damn my generosity!

:lol:

The ride I always want to do, but it's a day too early. I have Friday off, damn the luck!

I have some carb and exhaust issues to deal with anyway, so I suppose that will be my crappy excuse. Have fun out there.

Tom!

You spend 4 straight months at work, and you can't get one extra day off?!?!?

My Gosh, you have strict bosses... it's almost like the military!

ozzy/racerbill/spaugh/roostingu are tentative

updated riders... we'll wait for you if you are on this list, so, if you're not coming, a quick PM or post would be great... I'm not sure if I get blackberry out there...

see you all in the morning

brad- what "hard stuff" on the South side? Last I was there, the North Side had more "stuff"

the good stuff is on the south side, harder than the klr canyon. You just have to know where to turn.

the good stuff is on the south side, harder than the klr canyon. You just have to know where to turn.

So, you're going... what i propose is, we start out as a bigger group and ride for a while; split up when the A team wants to tackle harder stuff and/or go faster.

we'll decide who is the A and B group after the first few miles... I can have fun in either group

Just got back to San Do. I'm getting the bike re-prepped for the run, hopefully all is well. I know it's clean but I also hope it's ready to ride.

See yous all there,

In-Ko-Pah,

Jon

:angry2::):):crazy::angry2: I can always get away when ever I want but this week is just one of those weeks :crazy::crazy::crazy: