PastaPilot

Weekday In-Ko Pah Ride

It's time to start-up the weekday riding again. Last season we had some really good days everywhere we went. Otay, McCain, Corral Canyon, Anza, Borrego, Anza-Borrego, Superstition, etc. The best time to ride these areas is when you're the only group out there. Almost zero chance of a head on during the week.

So who's got a sick day to use this week?

I'll update the thread title with dates and times when it's decided when and where to go.

I completely agree with the weekday thing, and count me in.

Unfortunately, I'm using my sick day today, and didn't get to got to OW. :o

I don't need no stinkin' sick days, I'm retired! Just waiting for the when and where.

Steve

It's time to start-up the weekday riding again. Last season we had some really good days everywhere we went. Otay, McCain, Corral Canyon, Anza, Borrego, Anza-Borrego, Superstition, etc. The best time to ride these areas is when you're the only group out there. Almost zero chance of a head on during the week.

So who's got a sick day to use this week?

I'll update the thread title with dates and times when it's decided when and where to go.

Unfortunately, I'm using my sick day today, and didn't get to got to OW. :o

you're self-employed! Sick day my eye!

Jon; Wednesdays and Thursdays are better for me... If you care, and I wouldn't be too hurt if you didn't!

Steveo; you get knobbies on that bike yet?

Jon; Wednesdays and Thursdays are better for me... If you care, and I wouldn't be too hurt if you didn't!

Steveo; you get knobbies on that bike yet?

Yes. Pirelli Rallycross MT21 front and rear. They gave me more confidence, but they didn't make me any faster. :)

Steve

Unfortunately, I'm using my sick day today, and didn't get to got to OW. :)

Can you take another on Thursday?

you're self-employed! Sick day my eye!

Fakename, looks like you can take another day on Thursday.

Bikeslot, I don't care, but to be accomodating you wanna try for Thursday?

Now where to ride?

I would love to tag along, but i am too slow for you all.... i have not riden in 30days and the bug is eating at me...

depending where we go, it may not be an issue slosher; most of us are pretty laid back...

If we go somewhere technical, you may not want to go... You ride a 690 , right? Fire roads and such would be fine, but technical singletrack, maybe not so much... Unless you are sandbagging... The bike will be able to handle anything I would ride...

I am a hopeful tentative right now; jon- where?

The spelling was changed, sorry about that, these damned hotel business centers have the worst computers. :(

I was thinking In-Ko-Pah and Jacumba areas or a little desert action around Ocotillo and Plaster City. We could get an early start and a late night and do both.

In-Ko-Pah - KLR canyon is a really fun technical section that I'd love to do again. I've also wanted to ride to the top of Squaw Tit (what can't be fun about that!).

Plaster City - Fun looking area but I've only ridden through, never got to stop and play around.

Not this Thursday, I'm installing ceiling mounts for school projectors. School volunteer is my other job....

fn

jun- thinks fur the nome fox. Ats amazing whit one mispliced vowel wall do;

Thursday is good; slosh- if the wife feels better and you can go, we'll help you out-

Jin- jacumba sounds good... Anza sounds good, too; still on the 610?

Surry agein Bub, I swear it's the cumpotir at the Hotil thet's duing thys!

I'm still on the 610, but I'm not sure how much longer I have on the lease. Thanks again Roger!!

So Thursday, Jacumba, In-Ko-Pa and maybe into the desert. Sounds good to me.

Jon

Fine. Just fine. You guys have a great time. Fine.

When my wife says this, she doesn't really mean it, and I know I better not go...

Good thing you're not my wife (for many reasons) one of which is; Jon- are you pyro-ing out there, or trucking? I'll be trucking from my house...

steve-o; slosher- chime in guys... any lurkers? Most of what I've ridden out there I would consider low intermediate, but admittedly have not ridden all of it...

Paul... does the school work HAVE to happen on Thursday? Can't happen during winter break?

I forgot about winter break, that’s 2 weeks of no obligations.

I think I will wait till then, wife should be back on track and back to work. Daughter is 15 and hates being seen with her dad.. Ya!!! The break is coming!!!!!!!!!!!

Break!!! Break!!! Break!!! Beer!!! opps i mean break!!!

I forgot about winter break, that’s 2 weeks of no obligations.

I think I will wait till then, wife should be back on track and back to work. Daughter is 15 and hates being seen with her dad.. Ya!!! The break is coming!!!!!!!!!!!

Break!!! Break!!! Break!!! Beer!!! opps i mean break!!!

psst- EVERYBODY has winter break... they all go dirtbiking on OUR trails... Thursday, we won't see another bike all day...

but; your call... enjoy your beer (er; break)

i wouldn't miss my job. I have new seals, just need to install them. You guys doing any exploratory riding??

any lurkers?

I'm lurkin, and jones'n but cant get away this week, or weekend for that matter. I've gotta get my 610 out. It's so clean it's embarrassing!

Good ....; Jon- are you pyro-ing out there, or trucking? I'll be trucking from my house...

steve-o; slosher- chime in guys... any lurkers? Most of what I've ridden out there I would consider low intermediate, but admittedly have not ridden all of it...

bikeslut,

You said the magic words ("low intermediate"). And it's only 91 miles and an hour and a half from my house. :)

I'll be bringing the 650 on the back of my van. When and where do we meet/park?

Steve

Jon/brad/tracy/slosh et al.

Jon- I hope my rating of this area is close to what you think... For now, let's say exit 77 off I-8... turn right off the ramp, then right again... park next to the sign on the south side of the road.

to all: KLR canyon may have a pucker moment or two, but we'll get through it... some great views out there, so bring a camera...

Jon-I know you are out of town, and hope I didn't hi-jack your ride too much; just trying to keep it moving forward...

If, as a group, we decide some people are looking for easier/harder, we can split up out there... but like I said before; we'll get over any obstacles.

psst- EVERYBODY has winter break... they all go dirtbiking on OUR trails... Thursday, we won't see another bike all day...

but; your call... enjoy your beer (er; break)

OK i get it.. If wife is good i am in..

exit 77? what name is on the sign?

Wow lot's of activity today. Fakename, sorry to leave you out of this one but I'm in Charlotte now and won't be home until noon tomorrow. Julie's wanting to fly on Friday. Then the weekend.

I'll be trucking it out from my house. Exit 77 is the In-Ko-Pah/Desert Tower Exit. Exit turn right and park in the big dirt patch on the south side of Olde Hwy 80.

830AM work? see ya there!

There is a good size rock step leading into KLR canyon. It's fun to ride up but not very easy for a bigger bike. I guess there's another way in, but I don't know that way. Last time through there wwere spotters helping people up it. going in the back way may be easier that way we will then ride down the step.

Does anybody still have the picture, .gif or video of the infamous KLR from KLR canyon?