Strega

Nov 14-16th, who's going where?

Looks like this:

glamistripoct2426200813.jpg

The Blue Dodge has license plate: "CRAWDDY" or something close

Okay, so turn in on Holly road and park somewhere eh? I'll be in a older biege class C Fleetwood Jamboree with a Quad and my KTM.

Looking forward to riding with you guys so I can finally check out the posts in the secret Members only forum!!!

How will I regognize your Camp Crawdaddy?

(I still have to go home and sell the misses)

Yep, turn in on Holly Rd. and veer west......you should be able to see my truck/toybox from S22 before you turn in on Holly Road....if we're able to snag the same spot as last time, we'll be north of two large dirt hills by a covered picnic table and easily visible from S22....I hope to get out there around 5pm tomorrow.....not sure how many are coming tomorrow but we should have a pretty good sized group by noonish on Sat.....

Blue Dodge Ram 2500 pulling white Layton Rampage Toybox - license plate "CRAWDDY"

Old Stable

DaddysToybox.jpg

New Stable

LTZsinGlamis.jpg

Looks like this:

The Blue Dodge has license plate: "CRAWDDY" or something close

Any chance of getting coordinates to those of us coming out Saturday morning? Those damn things all look the same to me...

fn

Any chance of getting coordinates to those of us coming out Saturday morning? Those damn things all look the same to me...

fn

I don't have specific coordinates......check out the map link in the first post.....I plan on setting up between Cross Over Trail and Holly Rd. just south of S22.....

Perhaps Erick can pin point it in Google Maps??.....~200 yards in front of the 2 visible large/clusters of mud hills in Google Maps (I'm not versed in Google maps)

Look for the Tiki Torches!!!

fn

I don't have specific coordinates......check out the map link in the first post.....I plan on setting up between Cross Over Trail and Holly Rd. just south of S22.....

Perhaps Erick can pin point it in Google Maps??.....~200 yards in front of the 2 visible large/clusters of mud hills in Google Maps (I'm not versed in Google maps)

Look for the Tiki Torches!!!

I think on Google maps that road (Holly) is called Hot Springs Rd. Still don't know if I will make it or not. :lol: Ken

I think on Google maps that road (Holly) is called Hot Springs Rd. Still don't know if I will make it or not. :lol: Ken

Holly is a separate dirt road just west of Hot Springs....pretty sure there's a sign on S22 for Holly....

I DO have coordinates for the intersection of Holly Rd. and S22: N33 15.811 W116 00.374

"Guesstimate" of camp "area" coordinates: N33 15.595 W116 00.795

If you don't make it out to Truckhaven, I'm calling MOM!!!

If I end up going I will be leaving either tonight or tomorrow morning. Are there those shelter type things around?

First post updated with Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&i...026178&z=16

Nice work :lol:

Now, I just hope nobody snags "our" spot........regardless, we'll be in that general area.....shouldn't be hard to find......

Chris

Want me to bring some firewood for Sat night? In my family group everybody brings a little which ends up being a lot.

Don

Ok, I think I have it. I was tricked by that "right-click" PC stuff. Is the ride time about 9? Anything I can bring to contribute to the SDAR cause? Keep an eye out for me- my cell number is in members-only and I'll look like this:

post-399-1226625298_thumb.jpg

If I end up going I will be leaving either tonight or tomorrow morning. Are there those shelter type things around?

Tonight or tomorrow morning?!!?! :lol: ......Congratulations!.......now it's ALL ON YOU (since you'll be the first one out there :P;):P ).......if "shelter type things" translates to "covered picnic tables" - yes, there's a covered picnic table where Strega's Google map pointer takes you.......in front of the mud hills.......snag it!!!.......see ya around 5ish TOMORROW (hopefully)

Chris

Want me to bring some firewood for Sat night? In my family group everybody brings a little which ends up being a lot.

Don

I've never encountered a camp with too much beer or too much wood.......does that answer your question? :lol:;):P:P

Edit

<< 5ish tomorrow, got it... that'll make things easier.>>

End Edit

I'm rolling up on this place, sight unseen tomorrow evening. Probably getting there around 8pm. It'll be a relatively full moon which always gives some pretty good night time visibility in the desert, so I'm thinking I'll be ok with the coordinates in my Garmin, google map and the satellite imagery committed to memory.

Thanks to Strega/Crawdaddy for laying it all out. That Google map is perfect. Looks like a good area with some structure and good sight lines for the kids to have some relatively safe fun.

will the tiki torches be up tomorrow, or are you all rolling out Saturday morning? I don't want to encroach or steal your spot, no worries on that, just trying to get all the info I can. Too many times, I've seen people setup at night in Ocotillo Wells right in the middle of a traveled path or something similar. Don't want to be that guy...

CYA out there..

E

I've been going to Truckhaven for many years in my Jeep.....and it's closer than the Gorman ride.......and I could be back home and unloaded before the Chargers game on Sunday.....

I may show up Friday afternoon/nite if this is a go for me.

This is becoming such a big SDAR and family event it makes me want to bail on our plans and go but I still need to fix the wifes carb issue on the quad and put on the new tires before the WRR is truly dirt worthy

This is becoming such a big SDAR and family event it makes me want to bail on our plans and go but I still need to fix the wifes carb issue on the quad and put on the new tires before the WRR is truly dirt worthy

bring both... at these events, there is plenty of wrenching... drinking and riding and BS'ing, too

I hope you all have a great time... I will be flying SOUTHWEST airlines to Orlando!

:lol:

I just checked Weather.com and now it shows

Saturday as being the windy day! It's reporting 18-27 mph. grrr!!! I HATE WIND! :lol:

I might be adjusting my plans. Maybe skip Saturday and come on Sunday.

I HATE WIND!

bring both... at these events, there is plenty of wrenching... drinking and riding and BS'ing, too

I hope you all have a great time... I will be flying SOUTHWEST airlines to Orlando!

:lol:

Enjoy!

I might if I can find the group any telltale signs out there like a giant tiger striped Crawdaddy flag or something. It's a lot of driving though if we don't stay over

Not, I repeat NOT, going to Superstition. So...no need to visit if u were thinking about it.

I will be at TH with just my truck & bike. No box.

CRAWDADDY TRUCKHAVEN UPDATE:

He's about 0.22 miles SW of his guesstimated location he posted .

Exact location N33 00.735 W116 48.739.

Just N of the mud hills and directly in between -- all of the picnic tables were taken so he's not at one of those.

We plan on leaving tomorrow as soon as we get packed up.