PastaPilot

2009 Hondas are out

and who cares?

XR650L.jpg

Alright a white fender and ink on the seat to go with those BOLD new graphics!

CRF230L.jpg

Oh and the '09 Interceptor is identical to the '08 with the exception of the linked braking system. :blink:

I need a new name this tripe is f'in terrible.

How about '"huskypilot"?

How about '"huskypilot"?

I prefer "BMW Pilot"

and who cares?

XR650L.jpg

CRF230L.jpg

Oh and the '09 Interceptor is identical to the '08 with the exception of the linked braking system. :blink:

Come on, what about the NEW CRF230M!!!

CRF230M_Black_720.jpg

The 650l lives on. 17 years and running. That has to be the longest production run without modifiying.

How about '"huskypilot"?

While the Huskies are nice airplanes,

201.jpg

I do prefer the Hondajet.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

and who cares?

XR650L.jpg

CRF230L.jpg

That 230 sure is nice. I want 1. They say it does 98 M.P.H. and is freeway legal. Is it back orderd also. :blink:

come on.. 98 on that 230, now picture 98 on your 650 then 98 on the 230, yes it will do it, long period of time smoothly? :blink: Not poking fun just making a point. I remember when we put the baja designs wide ratio tranny in my honda crf 450 R street legal and went 107 mph, scary, knobby tires on the street and not balanced, yeehaw.

It'll do 98 mph when you drop it out the back of an airplane at 15,000'. That would probably be the only fun ride I could ever see having on the 230L.

POS 230cc and weighs almost as much as the DRZ

It'll do 98 mph when you drop it out the back of an airplane at 15,000'. That would probably be the only fun ride I could ever see having on the 230L.

POS 230cc and weighs almost as much as the DRZ

Almost exactly what I was going to reply! Maybe it will get 98mpg, that I could believe. I have a plated CRF230F and there is no way it will get close to 98mph. I know the 230L is different, but it can't be that much different.

If it had better suspension, I would pick mine over the DRZ400S in most situations though.

I have a plated CRF230F and there is no way it will get close to 98mph. I know the 230L is different, but it can't be that much different.

If it had better suspension, I would pick mine over the DRZ400S in most situations though.

Ok Chief why would you pick it (with a better suspension)? What are the advantages? :o

I have a plated CRF230F and there is no way it will get close to 98mph. I know the 230L is different, but it can't be that much different.

Ok Chief why would you pick it (with a better suspension)? What are the advantages? :blink:

My 230 is damn good at trails like Corral Canyon and McCain Valley. The DRZ400S is a heavy, sluggish bike and it wears me out riding single track. The 230 needs big boy suspension and I'd consider it for more rides, but I take it out to Corral about half the time. It's climbed Bronco Peak several times with no issues. The little bike makes me smile, maybe not for everyone but I have fun on it.

The CRF230L is a different machine like I said. I suppose it has a CV carb so it would be sluggish too and it's probably heavier than the dirt model.

And to add to the thread instead of this hi-jack, I think Honda needs to get off their ass and bring us something good. A CRF250X and 450X set up to be 50 state street legal. E-start 650R with a plate. Some kind of adventure touring rig (Africa twin?)

Is there something wrong with fenders that match front to rear? Red in the front, white in the rear????

Why would anyone want a 230cc motard, unless they were a retard.

Is there something wrong with fenders that match front to rear? Red in the front, white in the rear????

Why would anyone want a 230cc motard, unless they were a retard.

Your right. That 150 SCOOTER is much better. Come on!

There is a post on Thumpertalk from a Brit pertaining to the FMX650. Says it's heavier than the 650L with the same power. Street bikes need more power than dirtbikes and with a lower power to weight ratio than an L it just lead to 9 out of 10 people that bought an FMX650 trading it for something else within a year. It looks cool but just another Honda blunder. There was talk about bringing the Transalp to the US in 09. ALso a 5 cylinder Interceptor has been in development for a few years based on a GP design. The Italians have built and marketed a street legal fuel-injected 450X that meets Euro III emissions yet we get rehashes of 10+ year old designs that have BNG. Honda's marketing has lost themselves in there own office space. Since I'm not interested in a go anywhere golf cart, crotchrocket, utility or sport quad, goldwing, or motocrosser I will be shopping elsewhere for my next bike. Can somebody change my name to just "pilot" until further notice?

I think that FMX just goes to show that honda does not want to give up on that motor. I has been bullet proof. Lots of other countries use them like crazy because of the simplicity and durability. Honda makes alot of money on that. I would love to see them keep that motor, update with Fuel injection and HP hop ups. Maybe integrate the old Nx Kick and electric start(same motor) and add the xr 400 oil cooler. Then maybe upgrade the suspension. They will make this bike and it will be around for another 20 years.

air cooled and low compression is one way to make a low maintenance, reliable engine.

it is NOT the way to make a powerful engine; that engine is done... it fulfills its mission just fine, just don't expect too much out of it and you'll be happy

The 650l lives on. 17 years and running. That has to be the longest production run without modifiying.

Very good but not a record, the VMax remained pretty much unchanged from 1985 until 2007 but, correct me if I am wrong...The Enfield 500's, Harley Sportster and the BMW boxers come to mind as the longest production running bikes. :unsure:

I'll be keeping my XRL long after I burn through some more bikes, 12,000+ and still going strong :D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

air cooled and low compression is one way to make a low maintenance, reliable engine.

it is NOT the way to make a powerful engine; that engine is done... it fulfills its mission just fine, just don't expect too much out of it and you'll be happy

The motor is far from done. I will buy another in about ten to fifteen years, when mine wears out.

I guess that's why it's so much fun roosting guys, that spent twice the money, on their un reliable high mantanance race bikes. I don't feel the need for a 650L anymore, it's time to start roosting guys on the bullet proof CRF150.pit bike :D

SURFS UP!

Craig.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Very good but not a record, the VMax remained pretty much unchanged from 1985 until 2007 but, correct me if I am wrong...The Enfield 500's, Harley Sportster and the BMW boxers come to mind as the longest production running bikes. :angry:

I'll be keeping my XRL long after I burn through some more bikes, 12,000+ and still going strong :angry:

I'am at 14,000 Is it time to check the valves yet, or do I wait a couple more years. :D:unsure:

The motor is far from done. I will buy another in about ten to fifteen years, when mine wears out.

I guess that's why it's so much fun roosting guys, that spent twice the money, on their un reliable high mantanance race bikes. I don't feel the need for a 650L anymore, it's time to start roosting guys on the bullet proof CRF150.pit bike :D

SURFS UP!

Craig.

wanna bet? that motor, as reliable as it is, won't be avaiable in ten; maybe not in five

yeah ; check your valves... and your rings

we'll try to have fun without you Sunday

Guest Hammerin Hammon

SURFS UP!

Craig.

wanna bet? that motor, as reliable as it is, won't be avaiable in ten; maybe not in five

yeah ; check your valves... and your rings

we'll try to have fun without you Sunday

Ya, my bike could use some new rings, but it burns a lot less oil than my CR500 :D thats,18 years old. :D:D and still killen it. :)