dirt dame

09/20/08 Maintainence day at Chiefs

I went down to Bike day at Chief Gunners house today. I accidentally left my camera on the counter so I didn't get any pictures, but there were plenty of others who brought cameras, so I am sure we'll see some pictures showing up here.

I didn't have a bike that needed anything, except for my KTM that needs a new seal head on the rear shock and I don't have any money for that right now and all my shock tools and nitrogen are waiting out in the garage for when I do, so my dualsport project was: putting a new serpentine belt in the Jeep. Thanks to Joliet, Spyder and KLRoger for getting that done for me. :lazy:

The turnout was a big one with well over a dozen people showing up. There was Joliet, Walker1, Hammer, Jaynen, Blind in 1 ear, Ride Orange, Bagster, Zenosan, Strega, Sandiegoland, N2TM, KLRoger, Piratemonkey, Spyder, myself and more that I can't remember the names of. Sorry. Bikes all around up on stands, in various stages of service. The grill was fired up and tunes floating out of the garage from the radio. ;)

The food was excellent. Burgers, dogs, bratty wursts, homemade filipino dishes by Mrs Gunner :) and plenty of side dishes and beverages to go with. The company was excellent too, a mellow day of socializing and even getting some work done on some bikes. Everybody played nicely with one another. Thanks once again to our gracious host, Chief Gunner. :huh:

Great food and a good day to swap some valuable knowledge and meet new faces and swap stories with some familiar ones.

Another great success Chief. Big thanks to you and the family!!

Great day, glad I got my carb issue resolved and got to see part of the tire changing demo. Pleasure meeting the new folks I hadn't met before, and good to see the other familiar faces.

Thanks Chief Gunner for hosting the event. I am extremely pleased to have my bike unbroken again, courtesy of many helpful hands. Also a big thanks to your wife and daughter (and anyone else) who was behind the scenes providing food. I had fun -- it's not possible to get enough bike talk.

Pics from today are at: http://flickr.com/photos/16862090@N06/sets...57607399792094/

Thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Chief Gunner for your tremendous hospitality. We had fun visiting with all of you.

Great Day!

Thanks Aaron and Family!

and To all the The SDARs :lazy:

Still trying to get this photo thing figured out??

I forgot to mention special thanks to Spyder, the canopy and things that you brought were a big help. :lazy:

Thanks to Chief and his very gracious wife for hosting a great gathering. I enjoyed meeting everyone and was pleasantly surprised to see the group made up of so many gracious and civilized riders. Looking forward to riding with everyone.

Don

I would like to thank Gunner, his family and even his neighbors for being such good hosts. I had a great time as I am sure everyone else did. Was good to meet some of you new guys and swap stories with some of the old riding buddies. Look forward to a time when you are all old riding buddies. Special thanks for the food, incredible job as usual. :) Ken

Sorry I missed this one. Kinda busy sometimes. Need to fix the Honda. Can I have a day off?? I think 3 jobs are too much. Were you talking to me? :):)

Nate; Here's a good link to some good data on the XRL, if you want to open the pig up and do the "Dave's mods" to the carb give me a call and we'll hook it up :)

http://www.4strokes.com/tech/honda/

Carguy; Next Time you drive the truck to town, drop the pig off at my house and I'll see what I can do to figure it's issue out for you.

Because you are all such great guests, my wife is very pleased with the quality of company and people I know so we will most definitely keep doing maintenance days at my house :D

I hope you don't mind Zina & Gary; I shared the links to your pics over at the ADVrider site in the "Inmates" forum. :)

Had a great time Cheif, thank you.

Great to see you guys and meet a few new faces.

Roger put on a tire changing class. We used a new tool that I like. It was found at NCY for about 8 bucks list. It will certainly save time and my fingers on my next tire change. Thought it worked rather well.

DCR Air Valve Puller

Thanks Roger.

377570254_EAFAR-M.jpg

377570086_X8Xjy-M.jpg

377569860_pAzni-M.jpg

377569925_Qr9bi-M-1.jpg

377569843_JZ9Qx-M.jpg

Spyder

Nice pics, Spyder. Sigh, it's only one week later and I can hardly wait to get together with all the great club members again for another bike shindig.