Sign in to follow this  
christi20

Where u at?

Just wondering if there's a way to see where all our posters live. A member map or something.

I would like to get in touch with people up here in way North county/ temecula area. Most of my rides are north of the general SDAR population.

Just curious.

I like the idea and I think a real easy way for us to do this is to place the GPS coordinates of our respective homes in the members only contacts thread. One could then easily copy and paste into Google Earth and start their own file of pushpins of member locations. There could be another feature that Uncle C or Randy may be able to add to the forum, but in the meantime I'll get it started here.

I could automate that pretty easily with a Google Maps API that I created if the data was made available.

Rather than post my actual location, I'll just say that I'm in La Costa near the Resort & Spa.

That gets you pretty close.

There is an entire thread devoted to where you all are. It's in the Member's only section under contacts. Why not update that one....just sayin

There is an entire thread devoted to where you all are. It's in the Member's only section under contacts. Why not update that one....just sayin

I think the idea was more a consolidate 1 click easy to reference thing instead of actually reading through forum posts that can get buried easily.

A lot of members have the area where they hail from just below their avatar. :(

A lot of members have the area where they hail from just below their avatar. :D

starting to look like a PHP/MySQL project <? :( ?>

Couldn't we just do something like this?

http://maps.google.com/

Once you make the map on Google Maps, there's a link that says collaborate. When I click on it, it asks for the email address of the person you want to collaborate with. It also has the option of letting collaborators invite other collaborators.

Gene, you live right near my cousin Brian who rides as well. He has an WR250F and a XR650L. He's over on Golfcrest Loop.

I've created a map to add people like the one above, if anyone wants access to add/remove people, just pm me and I'll add your email to it.

SDAR MEMBER MAP

The locations are all general vicinity, not directly on anyone's actual house. The map is also 'unlisted' so it won't show up in searches.

Now, this is cool.

Spyder

Couldn't we just do something like this?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&hl=...013733&z=16

Once you make the map on Google Maps, there's a link that says collaborate. When I click on it, it asks for the email address of the person you want to collaborate with. It also has the option of letting collaborators invite other collaborators.

Re-Mote-A (AKA BFE.......AKA Ramona)

Hey now! That's not BFE. <_< I grew up in Ramona. Loved it! NOW I live in BFE.

I think the idea was more a consolidate 1 click easy to reference thing instead of actually reading through forum posts that can get buried easily.

Yes, that is what I mean. Even if someone doesn't post in a while, it would be nice to see who is near me and drop them a PM or something.