Joliet

Not another night ride....

Im in, always in on a joilet night ride, carpool?

I am down to a maybe, in the middle of a kitchen and master bath remodel and my plumber wants my help this saturday, but he is going to look at it wednesday afternoon and tell me if its a all day job or just a few hours. <_<

Can someone draw a line around a map from Google Earth so I can see the loop? All these words are Hebrew to me. Thanks.

I will try and do a map and gps tracks tomorrow, I mean I will try and talk Sandiegoland into doing it so I can take credit for it <_< , did I just type that out loud....

Hey Ken I had the same route mapped out from the time you, bagster,zina, clayton, alex, briana and I rode this loop down HA and up diablo. We camped out at blair valley and we never did the rodriguez loop that day. From the picture it looks like the rodriguez loop should be a quicky. Last time Briana and I did it in like an hour.

Sorry the map is so small, maybe I can scan a new one tomorrow and make it bigger. You might be able to zoom on it Paul.

map_route_gree.jpg

AB.jpg

Hey Ken I had the same route mapped out from the time you, bagster,zina, clayton, alex, briana and I rode this loop down HA and up diablo. We camped out at blair valley and we never did the rodriguez loop that day. From the picture it looks like the rodriguez loop should be a quicky. Last time Briana and I did it in like an hour.

Sorry the map is so small, maybe I can scan a new one tomorrow and make it bigger. You might be able to zoom on it Paul.

map_route_gree.jpg

why not add on a little bit in the upper left corner about a half inch down, its only about an inch long? <_<

I am the rumor Ken is mentioning... Looking at a map, it looks like I can get my 2 wheel drive truck there fairly easily... I'll have some bikes in the back for messing around, and have some water, gas, tools and snacks... still only a rumor at this point

Bs,

I've had second thoughts about riding this weekend and would rather staff a support truck. If you're in I'll join you.

Hp

I'm probably out... jaynen was talking about driving out in his 4x4... john; I'll call you and fn directly if I change my mind.

all my bikes are due for oil and filters... and I have a million other feable excuses...

I have made some changes to the ride, look at the first post. I will try to find time tomorrow to get some GPS tracks made. If there is someone that want to volunteer to drive their truck in and meet the riders, PM or call me 760-224-1808. :) Ken

I'm probably out... jaynen was talking about driving out in his 4x4... john; I'll call you and fn directly if I change my mind.

all my bikes are due for oil and filters... and I have a million other feable excuses...

It's a lot of driving for me, and I don't have the stuff or knowledge to setup a staging truck, but if 2wd vs 4wd was the issue I was potentially volunteering, probably not a good idea for me anyway if its going to take me 5+ hours of travel time total at night.

So far we have;

Joliet

Schwinn

Dirt Dame

ShocknAwe

Spaugh

Briana

xxxinsd

No Shift

Roostingu

Dig Dug probably

Papa Alex maybe

If you plan on going and are not on the above list, I would like to hear from you. Thanks, Ken

So far we have;

Joliet

Schwinn

Dirt Dame

ShocknAwe

Spaugh

Briana

xxxinsd

No Shift

Roostingu ?

If you plan on going and are not on the above list, I would like to hear from you. Thanks, Ken

Ken,

Put me down for 50/50 at this point. I have a bunch of stuff to get done, but want to attend....

Heck put me down for 80/20 (yes/no)... ;)

So far we have;

Joliet

Schwinn

Dirt Dame

ShocknAwe

Spaugh

Briana

xxxinsd

No Shift

Roostingu ?

Yeah, that's our plan so far, Roostingu and I will be trucking in together. ;)

Man! Now my wife is telling me that I got to go visit her parents! I have a helmet light and everything! Looks like I'm out. I just spent all week getting the bike ready.

Man! Now my wife is telling me that I got to go visit her parents! I have a helmet light and everything! Looks like I'm out. I just spent all week getting the bike ready.

Boo! :)

I am down to a maybe, in the middle of a kitchen and master bath remodel and my plumber wants my help this saturday, but he is going to look at it wednesday afternoon and tell me if its a all day job or just a few hours. :)

Im Out! Changing the cast iron pipe to ABS all day tommorow with a professional plumber. Not looking forward to crawling under the house, at least the floor is removed in the master bath, that is were part of the remodel is going on. Have a safe ride.....

It appears that I have some more room in my truck if some one needs a ride. Jaynen...Doug...anyone

I will charge up a new Nite Rider helmet light in case some one wants to purchase one. Ken

It appears that I have some more room in my truck if some one needs a ride. Jaynen...Doug...anyone

I will charge up a new Nite Rider helmet light in case some one wants to purchase one. Ken

Im seriously considering that ken. Can I mount the light when I get there?

Im seriously considering that ken. Can I mount the light when I get there?

ya brad it takes five min to mount to your helmet and the battery pack goes into the camel pack

I'll carpool with ya Ken... If you like we can take my truck - I bought one of those bike rack things and it'll easily fit three bikes, gear, and riders. Although you're probably bringing your lights, coolers, etc....

Whichever way you want...

I'm maybe a maybe :o

I might have to entertain a friend from Switzerland......if he's busy with other friends, then I may show up on the 950.

I am down to a maybe, in the middle of a kitchen and master bath remodel and my plumber wants my help this saturday, but he is going to look at it wednesday afternoon and tell me if its a all day job or just a few hours. :o

Im Out! Changing the cast iron pipe to ABS all day tommorow with a professional plumber. Not looking forward to crawling under the house, at least the floor is removed in the master bath, that is were part of the remodel is going on. Have a safe ride.....

Give me a call if you finish early enough to go.

Howdy,

Ken and Brad, sorry I missed your PMs. I just saw them in my inbox but for some reason I wasn't sent an email that I got a PM (I normally get email).

Anyhoo, I put the gps tracks I recorded from the first time we did the loop during the day here: http://www.zyppy.net/dirt/blair_valley_edited.gdb

I'm out for this ride. I need to improve my useless headlight and, frankly, I just suck in the dark. Although, if you folks recall, I performed a shiftectomy on myself last time and my "Li'l Buddy" has moved since then so I should really perform another shiftectomy on myself. Still, I suck in the dark. Suck in the dark. Suck in the dark.

BTW, can someone give me access to the "members only" board? I'd like to post my contact info there so I can be emailed directly if someone wants to reach me.

El Pirate Monkeyo

Howdy,

Ken and Brad, sorry I missed your PMs. I just saw them in my inbox but for some reason I wasn't sent an email that I got a PM (I normally get email).

Anyhoo, I put the gps tracks I recorded from the first time we did the loop during the day here: http://www.zyppy.net/dirt/blair_valley_edited.gdb

I'm out for this ride. I need to improve my useless headlight and, frankly, I just suck in the dark. Although, if you folks recall, I performed a shiftectomy on myself last time and my "Li'l Buddy" has moved since then so I should really perform another shiftectomy on myself. Still, I suck in the dark. Suck in the dark. Suck in the dark.

BTW, can someone give me access to the "members only" board? I'd like to post my contact info there so I can be emailed directly if someone wants to reach me.

El Pirate Monkeyo

booo

Howdy,

El Pirate Monkeyo

booo

Ok, after some mild haranguing by Brad -- including being called "Dude" several times so you know he's serious -- I'm in. (I think he was going to play the full "question the masculinity card" before realizing that goading someone by calling them a p###y when they are in fact a carrier of said item is rather ineffectual.)

It appears there is no way to adjust the Husky headlight, but I have figured out a jerry-rig that might work for the evening.

See ya'll out there.