Thanks Dig-Dug!

Since our last adventure, I've Dreaming of a "Big Boys Bike"

Analyzing my Veritical & Limited Skills advantages & options!

BMW R1200GS ( to big & $) vs KTM 990SE ( to Tall & $) vs Buell Ulysses XB12XT (to heavy & $) vs ?

Then I stumble across this BMWF800GS on www.Motorcylistonline.com First ride

Coming in August Maybe "JUST RIGHT"

:(

Folks in Europe/UK have them and you can read their experiences about the model, although I'm interested in waiting to see how people will use them out here in the West.

Did somebody say something. Irv Seager BMW is having the BMW Demo truck the 3rd week in Sept. The 800GS will be there/as will I. I sat on this bike last year-Its nice(not that I am biased :lol: ).

I've debated it and if I didn't already have the 1200GS it would be a serious contender. Especially after reading the review on ADV Rider that Jaynen provided the link to. Seems like a seriously cool bike!!

However, I already have the 1200 and it's fully set up the way I like (plus I still owe a little money on it) so I'm sticking with it and looking for a 450 or 5xx to really play with in the dirt.

No new bike for me for a couple years but it seems like just what I want to offset the WRR.

I'm not a racing pace type of guy so the little WRR should be able to let me ride whatever for the most part technically. So long miles, possible 2up, and still get dirty will be my next bikes priorities.

I might be interested in going out to look at it when the truck comes around tho. Haven't ridden a bike that big before either.

hey everybody- walker1 is reading this topic today... I'm gonna tell

I see him! I see him!

fn

Thanks Dig-Dug!

BMW R1200GS ( to big & $) vs KTM 990SE ( to Tall & $) vs Buell Ulysses XB12XT (to heavy & $) vs ?

:D

I got the chance to ride the F800GS last week and WOW. I've ridden and owned plenty of bikes (que tntmo's jab) but this one was the best ride I've ever been on. Sat on a 1200GS Adventure and it felt like an Oldsmobile. Rode the 800GS and it felt like a DRZ400 with tons of power and good suspension.

I have no skills to speak of, but it felt like the perfect big dual sport bike to me, if you can afford it.

Hey! I just tried heroin, and boy is it fun! You should try it too! First trip is free....

just what I need. I'll be divorced, living in my studio, cold and lonely.

But.

I would have that bike.

Hmmmm.

I got the chance to ride the F800GS last week and WOW. I've ridden and owned plenty of bikes (que tntmo's jab) but this one was the best ride I've ever been on. Sat on a 1200GS Adventure and it felt like an Oldsmobile. Rode the 800GS and it felt like a DRZ400 with tons of power and good suspension.

I have no skills to speak of, but it felt like the perfect big dual sport bike to me, if you can afford it.

You instigating SOB!!!

Hope you enjoy German bike ownership.

Hey! I just tried heroin, and boy is it fun! You should try it too! First trip is free....

just what I need. I'll be divorced, living in my studio, cold and lonely.

But.

I would have that bike.

Hmmmm.

I have tried heorin derrivatives several times after moto crashes on the way to the hospital. Not as much fun as you would think.

Wanting the next best moto thing out there is a sickness. I need help.

On the other hand, if you can swing it and it makes you happy.

You instigating SOB!!!

Hope you enjoy German bike ownership.

Me instigate! I hope this works out too. If not a used or wrecked 800GS soon to hit craigslist.

I hope German bike ownership was better than the Austrian bike ownership I experienced.

I told you I don't instigate.

whomp, here it is.

cheezy reflectors, gone. charcoal cannister, gone.

money, gone. all good will built up with wife, gone.

physical and mental withdrawals for not having a bike for two months, gone.

ahhhhh.

post-2136-1229291112_thumb.jpg

Ok... I don't even know you....or do I... :)

And I HaT'e U... :D

Nice.....Need some help BREAK'N er In??

I Promise Not To Crash.... :)

post-2790-1229359929_thumb.jpg

Hey....I do Know U.. :)

Yer....That Guy On the TV NEWS :D

I Like You... Can I ride your New Bike.......Pleeeezz :D

SHUT.... Yer MaoTH....BS ...I...Hat'e...U2..... :)

whomp, here it is.

cheezy reflectors, gone. charcoal cannister, gone.

money, gone. all good will built up with wife, gone.

physical and mental withdrawals for not having a bike for two months, gone.

ahhhhh.

New Motorcycle........Priceless

Thanks Dig-Dug!

:D

Bikeslut and I bashed the wee for being a pain to get to the air filter. The 800GS is not that much better. You don't have to take off the gas tank like you do on the strom (cause it's under the seat) but you do have to take off the top body panel, disconnect the electrical outlet and then remove the airbox cover. Not too bad, but not as user friendly as the average dirt bike.

I'm also having a hard time finding knobbies for the tube type tires on this bike. 90/90 21 front and 150/70 17 rear seems to be an odd size for tube type knobbies. Also have to consider the weight and hp I'm dealing with to choose a knobbie that will last.

Looking for something knobbier than the TKCs?

The front should be easy I know they have the 606 in that size