And I thought is was so we could join the Online Community.

I agree with that article. When you ride, you are better connected to the physical world around you, plus you are better connected to the vehicle that you are driving.

Thanks for sharining Mimi, I agree with the article as well. I like the way I can forget about everything else except the focus, effort and thought I put into my riding, it is to me a very "Zenful" type of mindset.

The normal day to day distractions, frustrations and emotional bagage just disapear while I'm riding and I get that satisfying and very relaxed state of mind after a good ride.

After two years of being back on bikes I have noticed a drastic change in how my visual, mental and physical reactions to the world around me have sharpened.

It is the end rather than the means. Even a commute becomes an event as opposed to the period of time between when you were at home and when you're at work. It is about living over being. Proactive vs. passive.

It is the end rather than the means. Even a commute becomes an event as opposed to the period of time between when you were at home and when you're at work. It is about living over being. Proactive vs. passive.

Good point. A person can either just exist (what's the point?) or actually live. I know I am living when I am riding. Don't forget the "live to ride, ride to live" motto, more about living than, say safety at least to me.

I also think that riding connects you better to your spirituality and sense of self.

I ride... 'cause carrying the motorcycle sucks... :)

I actually started riding for work a few years back. Ever since our vacations have been on the motorcycle. It's the most minimalist/exposed/connected way you can travel and still make good time. You can travel 5000 miles... and not one mile can be ignored, not a one... :)

You can travel 5000 miles... and not one mile can be ignored, not a one... :)

Bravo!

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.

Confucius

I thought it was more the friendships built from a common interest.

You don't normally see passing cars waiving at each other, but most motorcyclist will waive at another passing bike no matter what the brand or style. The only time the waive goes away is when there are thousands of bikes like Laconia. Even going down the freeway, passing bikes still waive.

It's like one big happy family. :)

I like that part of riding also. Waving and also the social aspect of riding are not equaled in any other sport or pastime, I think. But riding motorcycles by yourself isn't as lonely as other activities you could be involved in, because you get so attentive and focused on the details of riding and your surroundings; great in itself and good riding companions just enhance the activity all the more. :) (and of course, riding with others is safer, too.)

I am certainly glad that I found this club!

I must say I agree with all of your comments above.

I never thought of riding being a way to make new friends, it just happens to be a huge benefit of riding, and I sure have made many good friends and met many cool people from my riding. And a lot of it happened after moving to CA from east coast, when my riding and my life just "blossomed" here.

My best trips and times are either riding by myself, or with 1 to 3 friends with similar attitudes towards riding and enjoying the trip.

For me, sometimes the solitude of riding solo on trips is something very special and can't be matched, and I usually meet more people along the way. There's also something about the challenge of exploring solo that intrigues me, knowing whatever happens......I have to deal with it and get through it myself.

For me, sometimes the solitude of riding solo on trips is something very special and can't be matched, and I usually meet more people along the way. There's also something about the challenge of exploring solo that intrigues me, knowing whatever happens......I have to deal with it and get through it myself.

I like that part too.

Article forgot the most important reason of all....(sorry mimi&christi)

Chicks Dig Motorcycles!!

:blink:

Chicks Dig Motorcycles!!

;)

Well duh! That's why WE ride motorcycles....'cause we dig 'em! :blink:

: :blink: Honestly I have not even thought of that....maybe that's why Felicia prompted me into getting her a helmet and riding gear, she can't ride her own bike but likes to cruise on the back for now ;)

Chicks Dig Motorcycles!!

Not all, unfortunately.......I've met many who don't like bikes, and have an attitude towards bikers.......I guess that's why I'm not with them :blink:

My ex-gf from 14 years ago from NY, is coming out next week, and she used to ride along with me (not on the back).......first she rode my old 750 Seca, then she got her own bike. We did some trips to New Hampshire and Maine together. She even got a sidecar for my 750, so her 4 year old son could ride with us and my dog....he loved it !! Can't believe he is 22 now....he's got an old XR650L back east.....I invited him out to come riding sometime, hope he does.

Amen Brother

Amen Brother

Good find there KIP, that was very well said by dsherod. I am having a hard time with this whole thing and I didnt even know him. Maybe cuz I feel like we are a big family.