Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Road Rode my DS for a traffic beater to Pala MX

Decided to go to the Pala National MX and to beat the traffic , ride the TE610. Parked at the Welk resort and rode Old Castle Rd then up Lilac road up through the reservation to the Pala MX track and back at the end of the day. Nice country back in there and Lilac is a dirt road as you enter the rez. Fun and I was super shakey/scared on the road.....just not used to it anymore.

191278125_10219455885654394_6446758528310310953_n.jpg

• Like 3

That husky is one sexy beast.

• Like 2

Ok ok, I’ll say it. I want that Husky. It’s particularly good looking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zubb said:

Ok ok, I’ll say it. I want that Husky. It’s particularly good looking. 

Zubb,

That's just me being details, knowledge historical race fan me. but I had to be a little lax due to the bike age and what I wanted as the final result. My initial goal was to make a copy of the Anders Ericksson  CH Racing World Championship Enduro Machine. But I found I liked the WHT fender look better (earlier 95 race bikes -Kari Tiainen). The best thing I found that's on the bike is the period original Tecnosel racing seat (in 98 model Flo YEL trim). In boxes I have a full TC610 (Jacky Martens) single "muffler" Race pipe that would peel the paint off houses and cars......I also have many YEL and older style WHT body parts. That Anders bike look is only YEL fenders away. For some reason I have always been very at one with these series of Swede/Italian Thumpers, I've always felt at home on them and most importantly understand to start and operate them. The graphics are 1998 OEM TC610 (MX model) I got from Poland. So there are some historical inaccuracies due to availability and and the cool look factor I wanted. Thanks for looking, BTW I recently saw a 610 for sale locally here in SD, that did not look in bad shape. The quick back story is that circa 2010 I wanted a DS machine on the cheap and bought this from the original owner (it was GP Motos purchased) he had her stored for years and had a bunch of street mods, like a kit set up. I had her for a while but she sat alot. One of my friends asked and I sold it to him knowing it went to a good home. He did all kinds of street mods in the form of graphics paint and lights. I built him an offroad platform YZ250 for him and in labor trade he gave the bike back. I stripped it and built it back up as a full on FIM type racing enduro (minimalized) as you see it now.

• Like 1

Holy shite, that’s an awesome bike story. I know nothing about motocross race bike history. I came into this game full on sport touring level and then backed into the 1200 GSA world. All I know is your bike is drop dead sexy and really caught my eye. 
If I ever drop into the 4-5-600 category I should probably get something less ‘special’ then that. …. Wait, what am I thinking!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Holy shite, that’s an awesome bike story. I know nothing about motocross race bike history. I came into this game full on sport touring level and then backed into the 1200 GSA world. All I know is your bike is drop dead sexy and really caught my eye. 
If I ever drop into the 4-5-600 category I should probably get something less ‘special’ then that. …. Wait, what am I thinking!

If you ever go "small" I would suggest the DS models from (KTM brands) or the Beta models. 450-600 ,  for do all "mini" adv bikes , DS built on racing platforms and tech. As a fan I like the FE501 to get that 1980s-90s Husky look in a modern bike. (FI, E Start low maintenance..). Both the Husky and Beta brands have early 1900s pedigree 1903 Huskvarna and 1905 Beta.

My TE610 is truly an enthusiast machine now and takes a certain understanding of their mechanical function. No estart, manual compression release, fuel enrich (choke) etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SANRider said:

Gotta love the left foot kick start!

Said no man ever !!!!!!     😂     Nearly lost a leg the first time I tried to kick left footed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SANRider said:

Gotta love the left foot kick start!

Never an issue for me. except the height of the kicker at times.

• Confused 1

But did you take a lap around the Golf Course ?

• Like 1

If I was riding that bike, I would just be doing wheelies everywhere.

• Like 1

We rode out 'the back way', zoomed in and didn't get charged for parking, parked right next to the gate, and then bypassed the line of cars on the way out in a couple of minutes.  Motorcycles are such the way to go to a motorcycle race.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, isde97 said:

If I was riding that bike, I would just be doing wheelies everywhere.

I got this problem.....I'm not a wheelie guy.....I have never trusted myself with some minimal exceptions,