• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

1999 Husqvarna redo

10 years ago I owned this plated TE610 and she looked like this. Kind of an Anders Eriksson theme world enduro look.

1999TE610a.jpg

1999TE610b.jpg

4 hours ago, Dress4Less said:

Looks like she could use a little TLC...

the best thing is that the tires are still the same.....they are like hardened steel.Lots to do. Next pic will be as is now rolling chassis with engine in. Will do a nice pressure wash then drain oil clean filters and adjust valves. Then begin to sort out the wiring harness to create a full FIM enduro spec layout (plated of course). And I found these simple cool sorry but made in china battery powered clamp on bars horns (120dB!!). Tested on my 300 for durability.

23 hours ago, robertaccio said:

…"I found these simple cool sorry but made in china battery powered clamp on bars horns (120dB!!)."

:heh:

16 hours ago, Dress4Less said:

:heh:

On 7/28/2020 at 4:36 PM, robertaccio said:

the best thing is that the tires are still the same.....they are like hardened steel.Lots to do. Next pic will be as is now rolling chassis with engine in. Will do a nice pressure wash then drain oil clean filters and adjust valves. Then begin to sort out the wiring harness to create a full FIM enduro spec layout (plated of course). And I found these simple cool sorry but made in china battery powered clamp on bars horns (120dB!!). Tested on my 300 for durability.

Heres that horn, super light low mass. I put it on my TX300 and rode around and it was still on the bars when I came back!! So it passed the dirt test, I will get another one for the 610 now. I like horns on my dirtbike they are very effective when catching up to racers/riders to let them know you are there, and for some ingrained reason folks tend to move over when they hear a horn on the trail.

61MJCAXN82L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I've heard you old clown style horn a couple times telling me to get out the way very effective

• Like 1

Just now, Bp619 said:

I've heard you old clown style horn a couple times telling me to get out the way very effective

the problem with that is the full hand required to operate the squeeze ball!!!. BTW if you look at many ISDE bikes from the 80-90s the racers would use squeeze ball horns because they are fool proof and always worked when called upon for op inspections/FIM DOT compliance regulations.