Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Funny (profane) video of Bill O'Reilly ranting

So a man getting frustrated at work is funny? It appeared that his bosses wanted him to do something and would not give him the tools to do. Example, read off of the teleprompter, but there is nothing there to read. Instead of fixing the problem just keep insisting that he read the nonexistent script. Then make him look like an ass by not showing both sides of what was going on. If I was allowed to do that I could make anybody look “funny”.

This type of event is why I really like working on my own, not having to depend on anyone else having to do their job properly. Unfortunately in my line of work this freedom to work independently doesn’t happen too often and when it does someone else takes credit for your work. Then again nobody said the world was fair.

Why is he an A-hole? Because he doesn’t share the same world view and political view as you or has he done something else?

Sorry about getting on my high horse but I don’t like unfairness. And it is unfair to take someone out of context, edit what they say, and then make them look like a fool. If a Man is a fool you don’t need to edit anything to show that. He will make it plain all by himself. :lol:

I agree with KL. It was humorous, only because the "producer" had nothing constructive to say and Bill was caught off guard and wasted his time trying to defend himself. To me, it had to be staged, as I can't imagine two professionals going at it like that. But what do I know. I know that people at my old job tried to pull some BS and I simply walked away from it. Did they win? No, they got nothing useful or helpful out of it and only made more work for themselves. :D

It looks like a well done edit job prank, to me. That is if the goal is to make someone APPEAR be foolish and stupid. It makes you stand back, and wonder just how much of what we see and hear is true? Ive gotten to the point where Im finding myself really checking out pics to see if its been Photo Shopped or not. If some how this is to be seen as humours, or funny I guess I fail to see it. In the day, I think this would have been labeled "Character Assassination" for whoever was on the receiving end. Im not so sure that anyone on T.V. Is worth this much effort to make look bad. Like KLRoger said, No edit needed to make most of us look like a fool, we can do that on our own. I think? :D:D;) No, I know...

Why is he an A-hole? Because he doesn’t share the same world view and political view as you or has he done something else?

Yes, O'Reilly doesn't share the same world/political views as me......that's Ok, we're all entitled to our own political views, but his political views are elitist and just slightly left of Attila the Hun (IMHO)......I think he's an over the top right wing extremist.....so I thought this little snippet from his past was pretty funny.......it's OBVIOUSLY an edited bit, not an actual exchange......I tried to make that clear when I posted it it.....let's move on.....didn't mean to ruffle any feathers...

Yes, O'Reilly doesn't share the same world/political views as me......that's Ok, we're all entitled to our own political views, but his political views are elitist and just slightly left of Attila the Hun (IMHO)......I think he's an over the top right wing extremist.....so I thought this little snippet from his past was pretty funny.......it's OBVIOUSLY an edited bit, not an actual exchange......I tried to make that clear when I posted it it.....let's move on.....didn't mean to ruffle any feathers...

Just for the record, No ruffled feathers here. I just dont think he is an A-Hole, or think the video was funny. Just a different view... Its all good.

So a man getting frustrated at work is funny? It appeared that his bosses wanted him to do something and would not give him the tools to do. Example, read off of the teleprompter, but there is nothing there to read. Instead of fixing the problem just keep insisting that he read the nonexistent script. Then make him look like an ass by not showing both sides of what was going on. If I was allowed to do that I could make anybody look “funny”.

This type of event is why I really like working on my own, not having to depend on anyone else having to do their job properly. Unfortunately in my line of work this freedom to work independently doesn’t happen too often and when it does someone else takes credit for your work. Then again nobody said the world was fair.

Sorry about getting on my high horse but I don’t like unfairness. And it is unfair to take someone out of context, edit what they say, and then make them look like a fool. If a Man is a fool you don’t need to edit anything to show that. He will make it plain all by himself. :D

agreed.

Oreilly tells it like it is most of the time. The rest of the time he makes himself look like an asshole without help.

Maybe some edited footage of Obama and rev wright are in order just to be fair and balanced....

Maybe some edited footage of Obama and rev wright are in order just to be fair and balanced....

Now your looking to stir the pot! Hopefully one day white people are allowed to speak their minds regarding minorities as they can of us, and not be considered racist.

Wow, I just came back to this thread after not seeing any of the responses till now. Roger, Mimi, could you not tell that the video was a complete joke, and not the ACTUAL exchange between O'Reilly and his producer?? The simple fact is, that with that kind of language and that response, any job I've ever had, you'd have been fired on the spot for insubordination. O'Reilly was completely in the wrong no matter what you think of his political views.

Obviously this was a JOKE, you people need to seriously lighten the f*ck up.

lighten the f*ck up.

You're fired! :D

You're fired! :D

But I used an * so it's all good.

Gonna do a BBQ here sometime soon, will let ya know.

Wow, I just came back to this thread after not seeing any of the responses till now. Roger, Mimi, could you not tell that the video was a complete joke, and not the ACTUAL exchange between O'Reilly and his producer?? The simple fact is, that with that kind of language and that response, any job I've ever had, you'd have been fired on the spot for insubordination. O'Reilly was completely in the wrong no matter what you think of his political views.

Obviously this was a JOKE, you people need to seriously lighten the f*ck up.

Yes, Roger I know it was meant as a joke. I can even see some humor in it. But I am also aware these types of “jokes” are made to discredit people. Again if a man is a fool you don’t need this type of editing to prove the fact. A fool will show himself to be a fool (I mean hey just look at me). :D

I have seen this type of interaction before and no the people were not fired. It all depends on the value of the people involved. I not sure he was responding this way to the “Boss” so much as to a coworker. It also appeared to take place a long time ago. Were his actions nice, polite, or any thing he can take pride in? I don’t think so and it is not something I would do and want scattered around the internet.

I think this discredits the message of the person trying to make him look a fool. I’ve found that if you can’t attack the message you attack the messenger. This is the act of the person with the weaker argument.

Do I think this shouldn’t have been posted on our site? Of course it should have been posted! It has opened some lively debate among the family. I encourage anybody to post anything they find interesting and appropriate (within the forum rules). I also would like the freedom to respond to anything I find disagreement with (within the forum rules). :lol:

So lastly, I don’t wanta lighten up and you can’t make me, you can't make me :D:lol: . But I do like Strega’s first name and think everyone should have a name so good.