Bagstr

Yes; Thursday South Carrizo Creek Trees 0800 Show-up

Pretty Clear that Thursday is our day of opportunity.  I will offer up an 0800 arrival with ample time for you to enjoy the breakfast burrito that you brought with you. Hot coffee available if you brung it with you.  My thought at the moment is to explore some of the less travelled canyons of the south region of Anza Borrego DSP. About 80 miles with no commercial outlets on the route. Tubes, Tools and water.  Radios if you have one set to 146.505.  I am hoping the California Overland Tour Company has not discovered out southern region. By the way, I just checked their website rates and you guys are getting a big discount.

South Carrizo Wash parking at the trees ( Tamarisk ? ) east of Hwy S-2. 

Carrizo%20Post-L.jpg

Gonna miss this one. I'll be riding about 100 miles east of you guys.

MacD tells us that Arroyo Diablo has a major Wall Fall, so we better go check that out at some point. I see photos of Conquerers at the top of the pile. Also, It has been a looong time since we have seen the rocky trail upstream ( beyond the highway ) of the Carrizo Canyon. If we survive the canyon, Hueso and View of the Badlands may serve as a distraction.. Hiking opportunities to stand in the middle of the Badlands and be amazed at how you got there. Other opportunities to include practice deep sand at walking pace.

Carrizo%20Badlands%202-09%20035%20HL%201

See you all in the morning! Bringing some Mexican beer for afterward... since this is an Anza Borrego Southern Ride 🍻 

PS...Hey Bags, would you help me tomorrow to possibly find out why there is no path for flow "to the starter relay"? I'm bringing my meter. This should only take a few minutes, since I have all the usual culprits passing muster so far. I need your emotional help and guidance. 

Just now, paulmbowers said:

Benjamin-Franklin-Kite-Experiment-Lightning-Key-Electricity-KS1.png

I knew that your were going to have a Benjamin Franklin reference to share!

Mostly sunny, with a high near 70. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. 

5 minutes ago, SoCalMule said:

Mostly sunny, with a high near 70. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. 

Unknown.jpeg.23810105717cf3b61ebd109ac110244d.jpeg

SCM, you bet.  We will just follow the magnetic impulses from Known Knowns to known unknowns. I will bring my mallet. 

Yep, Air in the tires and charging the radio. Showing up 0800 or earlier if possible. 

Finished planting two more umbrella shades: there are no fires or a drought, gotta go.

Hum...can't decide...work on bikes....or rides bikes...🛵

2 minutes ago, Covered in Dust said:

Want to plan a ride?

I'll need some time to settle in out in AZ. after my last day here, March 27th...…..hopefully I can come back over with the other AZ. transplant, Amgens, for local ride with you guys one week in April before it gets too toasty...…….pondering a Tecate to Cabo adventure for two(?) weeks at the end of April/early May...…not sure which bike.....probably the 500........I haven't spent nearly enough time in the southern half of the peninsula...…...also planning to do a northwest loop to visit friends for a few weeks in June on the 950SE.....