not much to report on, just lots of tuff terrain and a wondering nude guy... 6 out of 6 bikes today were KTM EXCs.

First we did the stagecoach road. Then headed over to the secret trail and found lots of large bolders on the road but no signs. We went on for a bit and got close to the "resort" and decided we didin't want to piss anyone off and turned around. We then did the 3rd, final, and by far the most difficult trail. This is the one that ends up at corrizo gorge. We rode it all the way to the very end where there is a mine.

Pics:

After the first climb:

DSC00213.jpg

Looking back:

DSC00214.jpg

Alex checks out the view and snacks...

DSC00215.jpg

Nasty stuff:

DSC00216.jpg

My bike near corrizo gorge.

DSC00218.jpg

Dug at the mine. If you make it here, you are tuff...

DSC00221.jpg

More trail shots

DSC00224.jpg

Wondering naked guy pretty far from the nude camp

DSC00225.jpg

Excuse me Dug Dude, move you orange thing so me and my backpack can get by

DSC00226.jpg

More snotty sections

DSC00228.jpg

Coming down

DSC00246.jpg

Dug got some video so that will be cool to check out...

Nakiez people? :) I don't know whether I'm happy or sad that I didn't go on the ride. :) Probably happy.

Nakiez people? :P I don't know whether I'm happy or sad that I didn't go on the ride. :) Probably happy.

just the one guy and the funny thing was he was all the way over where the trail gets steep and goes up to the view point. I think you have been there before with carguy. Anyways, he didn't bother us, he just said hi and kept moving. He was in Anza Borrego technically. We also saw some yahoo naked in AB a few weeks ago near dos cabezas road. I guess ABDSP is the place to go if you are an old nude dude.... :)

Damn all the KTMs were on the south ride with naked hikers? This is not good.

Great Photos (well most of them were pretty good) ! mawAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH That's hillarious ! Other than one part looks like ya'll had a bitchen ride! Let's see some videos of KTMs on The Nasties ! That looks like some very challenging stuff . . :lol:

By the way, the guy in the first photo looks like "Lurker Paul" from our December ride to Corral Canyon fire look out tower. Was it?

you mean this guy?

DSC00230.jpg

thats paul alright. Riding Sonny's bike. He had a few run ins with the jumping cholla yesterday. :lol: In fact that is him trying to get one out right there, can you see the cactus stuck to the bottom of his arm in that photo?

After my great technique of removing the cactus, we got back to my house and saw his forearm was riddle with little red holes..looks nasty. Great ride in all, looking forward to our next outing.

sonny

NAKED RIDING FORUM NOW! :blink::lol:

That was too funny, he better watch out for those flying cactus! :blink::blink:

+1 for entertainment factor on your write up guys! :blink:

Hey everyone... thanks for a great ride. I had a blast.

I wasn't sure if I was going to get my kitchen pass for this weekend, but I nabbed one at the last minute.

The video from my fancy new helmet cam didn't turn out too well - it was aimed too low so all you could see was 10 feet in front of my bike. I'll figure it out.

Here's one I shot where you can see the bottom of XTSteve's back tire as I chase him and Spaugh up one of the rock sections. Right at the end look for XTSteve to give Spaugh a little "love-tap" and they both come tumbling into the frame...

Video Link

The video from my fancy new helmet cam didn't turn out too well - it was aimed too low so all you could see was 10 feet in front of my bike. I'll figure it out.

Oh well, that's the same problem I had with mine. Even when I had the camera set up high enough, after a while it would end up drooping down because of all the jolting and vibration. All I got really good shots of was my front fender. :lol: I also wish that the lens I got was more of a wide angle. That would help too.

Oh well, that's the same problem I had with mine. Even when I had the camera set up high enough, after a while it would end up drooping down because of all the jolting and vibration. All I got really good shots of was my front fender. :lol: I also wish that the lens I got was more of a wide angle. That would help too.

I think I've got it pretty much figured out.. It stays in place pretty well. Now if I could only hold my head still so it doesn't wiggle around so much. They're supposedly coming out with a wide-angle adapter for the one I've got, I'll probably pick it up if it isn't too much..

Here's a short clip I shot today riding with Mickey out at Corral Canyon. We were headed down the Spur Meadow cycle trail and he had a head on with a guy on a CRF-450 coming the other way. Everyone was ok - but I have to buy a new oil filter cover for the KLX...

Link

Brings back painful memories, but then so does looking at the bent front rim on the KDX220 or the bent radiator on my KLX300, both at Corral Canyon. <_<

I was wondering what was up with that hiker? Then I reread the post and it hit me! Six out of six bikes were KTMs….All that orange scared the pants off of him! :lol:

I think I've got it pretty much figured out.. It stays in place pretty well. Now if I could only hold my head still so it doesn't wiggle around so much. They're supposedly coming out with a wide-angle adapter for the one I've got, I'll probably pick it up if it isn't too much..

Here's a short clip I shot today riding with Mickey out at Corral Canyon. We were headed down the Spur Meadow cycle trail and he had a head on with a guy on a CRF-450 coming the other way. Everyone was ok - but I have to buy a new oil filter cover for the KLX...

Link

Yet another reason I don't like to run lead..... dooh! glad everyone was OK.

ps. I AM GOING TO PUT A 13 TOOTH PRIMARY ON SO I DON'T HAVE TO HIT THE CLIMBS @ 40 MPH!!!!!

You might wanna consider leaving in the 14 and putting a 52 on the back......I find that set-up works for all terrain.....