Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Dash Photos

Thanks for the great pics, Chris. It was almost like being there for the ride, not just the beer.

Great photos Mr Crawdaddy ! ! ! :o

Sorry I missed you out there amigo.

DD'08 was awesome!

Looks like Fun - had to work the weekend :o but I did a short desert run on the VFR Friday Afternoon :o - Mostly street but did Ride from S2 to Oriflamme to see how much water was there. There was quite a bit :o . Was Oriflamme part of the ride this year?

Nice ride. Thanks Rad and everyone who helped put it together. Lots of cool sights like this wind sculpture.

WindSculpture672-1.jpg

--------------------

Honorable mention should be given to Dan and Maria who did the ride two-up on a KLR. Here they are at the beginning of Day-2.

DanandMaria670.jpg

And here they are after completing Day-1.

DanandMaria669.jpg

Looks like Fun - had to work the weekend :o but I did a short desert run on the VFR Friday Afternoon :o - Mostly street but did Ride from S2 to Oriflamme to see how much water was there. There was quite a bit :o . Was Oriflamme part of the ride this year?

Oriflamme on Sat. Rodreguez on Sun. :o Ken

I didn't take any pics this year. I never take the time to enjoy the beautiful scenery like I should. It seems like I always have lots to do just trying to keep the bike upright, not getting lost, little things like that :o . So for all of you that took the time to snap some shots(and post them), thank you.

The section on day 2 from the Blu Inn to Borrego Springs was the best riding I have been on this year. Thanks for adding that this year Randy, great job.

To my riding buddies, thanks for making this the best riding experience evverrrr. :o Ken

SWEET -- that was a lot of fun -- A very well organized ride, great food and prizes, and a great group of riders. If I hadn't fall down so often I wouldn't be quite so sore. :o

I've got to figure out that slowish super soft stuff and quite stuffing the frontend under.

/Fred

Roxus says "ah bugger!" when I point out his lost plate:

p2230046e.jpg

On the other hand, Uncle Cameron explains how bike handling improved after discharging his license plate:

p2230049e.jpg

Crawdaddy "whooping" it up:

p2230050e.jpg

Some lone DRZ400S

p2230059e.jpg

Canyon Sin Nombre:

p2230062e2.jpg

p2230067e.jpg

p2230075e.jpg

p2230076e.jpg

p2230074e.jpg

Guess this mystery rider:

p2240082e.jpg

p2240087e.jpg

p2240083e2.jpg

p2240084e.jpg

p2240089e.jpg

Lots of fun: I would like to thank the sweep group I was with on sunday the fun at heart attack hill to the beer at the Iron Door to lunch at Carlees and the ride home, thanks again for showing me the way because I had no back brakes friday, saturday or sunday. Tree, John 79, Palm Ave, Joilet.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Thanks, everyone for a great ride. My weekend ended a little too soon, because I got some watterproof grease in my left eye, on Saturday while I was trying to fix a flat.

I was haveing the time of my life chaseing a realy fast guy on a Honda CR450X We were flying in the sand wash just past Borego Springs. When I felt my rear tire go flat. I had forgoten to add some air in my tires. ( I did a TRIALS ride the weekend before the D.D.)

I want to thank SCHWINN who stopped to help me. (I still have a realy hard time balanceing my bike while I hold the wheel, caliper and axle.

Saturday night, after the dinner and great raffle my eye seemed to get much worse. (it felt like my eye lid was sandpaper) I couldnt look into the light. I woke up a little after 4:00 in the morning, and couldnt see. So I packed up and got on the road about 5:00. I had to drive slowly with one hand and hold my left eye open with my other hand. Somehow I made it home and my NURSE wife was able to fix my eye.

The highlight of my weekend was on Fiday. I had invited a close friend to ride with us. I dont ride with him very much because he is a pro rider and is WICKED FAST.

Scott had brought out his RM450 so we decided to ride Pinyon Trail the Squeeze and Heart Attack hill. He took of flying, I rode as fast as I possibly could to stay in sight of Scott, He let me catch him and even lead a little when we got to the more technical sections.

When we got to Heart Attack Hill I was leading(we saw another rider on a KTM) I went to the left but Scott went to the right and launched off the top, I had always wanted to do that. He landed about, a third of the way down. We both passed the KTM rider before he got to the bottom. We rode a couple more miles ,stopped and started celabrateing. :D:D We then turned around and rode straight up Heart Attack hill and the Squeeze.

Some people have asked me to make a video, rideing up H.A but I think it would be better to make one one of Scott getting sick air and landing half way down H.A. :unsure:I NEED TO MAKE IT CLEAR, THAT THIS TOOK PLACE ON FRIDAY, AND WAS NO PART OF THE DESERT DASH,

Craig.

Thanks, everyone for a great ride. My weekend ended a little too soon, because I got some watterproof grease in my left eye, on Saturday while I was trying to fix a flat.

Ok Hammer.....you're off the hook....forgot about the eye.....we woke up in the morning and saw your rig was gone......thought maybe you were one of those fair weather/So. Cal. sissy boys and didn't wanna ride in wind/rain :D .......(truth be told, "I" woke up Sunday morning to howling wind/rain and said NFW to riding.....I was ready to pack up and split......but I came to my senses after talking to Da Boyz for a while)......then DigDug shamed me and Snaildarter into joining him for the loop......I'm sure glad he did.....the Sunday loop was AWESOME.....go back out and ride it!

After riding The Drop-Off on Sunday I can see why you're thinking "What's the big deal?".....but trust me, that hill is a totally different animal when it's dry and slick as ice.....

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I just inspected my tube, (now that I can see) and it has no pinch hole, but the valve stem pulled out. :D I may have to add another rim lock to the back wheel, like on my CR 500. Dang Honda, too much power. :D

I was hot, and sweat was dripping in my eyes when I must have wiped my forehead, getting grease in my eye.

Crawdadd, you should know by now a little Rain or snow wouldn't send me home. :D

I only have a few photos to share. Thanks to all for a great time :D

DD1.jpg

DD2.jpg

DD3.jpg

Ride on amigos!

I only have a few photos to share, but pyroCAM footage from saturday morning is live. Give it a look and let me know what you think, if you've got the stomach for it that is . . :D

Ride on amigos!

#4 covers one of my favorite sections of BOTH days.....Jasper and Culp.....though they were definitely a bit different from day to day......Diggy Dug and I slipped through the mist & mud going up Culp/down Jasper on Sunday as opposed to Sat's sunshine ride in the opposite direction.....but hey, no complaints here.....we had a blast.....

Sorry you weren't able to stay for the whole enchilada......go back and "get it" Mi Amigo! :D

Sorry I missed it, sounds like a good time was had by all.

I had to hop a plane to DC for a conference this week, but I was out there in spirit.

Maybe next year.

pyroCAM footage from saturday morning is live. Give it a look and let me know what you think,

pyro_for-Pres1.jpg

Good stuff, pryo......

looks like you kept a pretty good pace, and guessing thats MadMike in front of you on the big G-Force.

Or is there somebody elese that rides a 1200' like a 250 dirtbike ?

And I see kevin got a flat, because thats a can of fix-a-flat in his hand in that bottom picture, Right ?

DD3b.jpg

Then again, he gets a flat on every ride, at every pit stop, on every ride I've ever been on... Go Fig.

Link to write-ups of the Desert Dash on the D37 AMA website HERE

Craig, seems the GPS routes were spot-on !! Thanks for all the help with that :D

Sunday morning I left my sweep crew early and told them I would meet them at the bottom of heart attack hill. I always wanted to watch alot of riders come down that hill. Lots of different and techniques going down the hill, bacwards, sideways, over the bars, but nobody got hurt. Good thing. I got bored staring at the hill waiting for my fellow sweepers so I rode up heart attack hill then a guy asked me to ride his DRZ down then I got my bike down then a group of guys sayed there was a pile of guys backed up at the squeeze so I rode back up and over to help. Then back to my station at the bottom of the hill then back up 1 more time to see where my crew was. Yes I have pictures but they are on 35mm so I have to get them developed and put on a disk.

And I see kevin got a flat, because thats a can of fix-a-flat in his hand in that bottom picture, Right ?

DD3b.jpg

Then again, he gets a flat on every ride, at every pit stop, on every ride I've ever been on... Go Fig.

Kaw'ee, I think you are mistaken. "fix-a flat" is a trade name, we don't want any copyright issues. I think this particular brand is called "spare-tire-in-a-can". It is also marketed through it's sister company as "sandwich-in-a-can" :D:D:D . Ken

Some of my pics.......

Prerunning Arroyo Seco Del Diablo with Maddog Mike

258718505_TpiuX-M.jpg

258718579_tPqMM-M.jpg

SandiegoLand and Carguy in one of the many canyons

258718712_L3oXQ-M.jpg

We took another route Sunday morning....the Diablo Dropoff to Fish Creek

258719089_XHToz-M.jpg

258719159_BqMuo-M.jpg

Some of the guys from Carson City, NV....at Split Mountain

258719259_LFFdB-M.jpg

258719328_7cfwa-M.jpg

258719410_LEByY-M.jpg

258719483_wc23y-M.jpg

Craig and John in Fish Creek

258719571_cHn8U-M.jpg

Carguy coaching a future dualsporter, and maintaining the proper "Rider Rep" image :D

258719704_MjuUf-M.jpg

It was a great weekend. I had a blast both days. Day one Joliet and Dig Doug provided guide service for myself and my buddy Matt. Special thanks to Doug for the rescue vehicle for Matt's bike when it threw the rear sproket. That made for a long day. Good thing there was still food left when we got back. After that day I was spent and questioning riding the second day. But, I knew I would have to since I volunteered to sweep. I think the sweep duty for the second day was the perfect choice. I didn't have to get up too early, got some breakfast (Thanks, Rob), Great crew with Schwinn, Joliet, John79, Palmaverider and myself. We got to ride at our own pace and stop along the way to keep the riders on pace. Only one bike with an issue had a leaking petcock gasket which they fixed. The second day course was awesome and very flowing. I actually felt pretty good after it was over (unlike day one). The Beta perfomered great throughout day 1 but being a stock bike it wasn't necessarly set-up for a big guy like myself, that may have been the reason I was more worn out after day one. Day two I left the Beta at camp for Carguy and rob to try. I rode Ride-Orange's steed which is set-up more like mine (Big Guy friendly). Great times, already planning for next year and telling my other friends they have to make it.