Sign in to follow this  
socalhodaka

First multi night camp out.

My friend Gus on my old KLR and myself on the GS 800 left on Friday for our first multi night camping. We left from Packers out through Borrego for Joshua Tree. IMG_6955.JPG

All the interior camp sites were full so stayed at Cottonwood, on Saturday we made our way through the park stopping at the overlook. IMG_6938.JPG

After this we make our way to Thomas Mountian, this was a really fun road on the 800. Great views and cool place to camp.IMG_6972.JPG

IMG_6979.JPG

IMG_6983.JPG

IMG_6991.JPG

of course stop at the Pie Company on the way back to Ramona.  Learn a lot in 3 days on what worked for camping and what needs upgrading  

Looking good Kelly, not much better than bike camping. Getting your gear right is an ongoing job. I don't think I've used the same setup on any of my rides. Always tweaking the setup a little, but there are somethings that never change because they just work.

CiD

CID, I'm glad we went to Thomas Mt. I've seen you guys having some good time there on Kugs ride I had to go. The view did not disappoint. 

Good for your guys,  I love that military tent, that is my go to tent, durable, durable is all I can say about that tent.  It must of been nice camping at that altitude because it was so warm down here. 

Nicely done, I'm trying to figure out my setup. 

Thanks for sharing. 

+1 on the photos 

Welcome to the camping off the bike club...like CID said, there's not many things better...