Covered in Dust

Ecuador

I would love to do one of these South America trips. There are always booths at the Long Beach show that make me drool.

You don't know me from Adam, CiD, but I may be interested. As long as you can provide some personal references that check out. :^)

He has plenty of references, but none of them can be trusted! 

This looks amazing Chris, I'll start putting change in a jar,, see if it adds up. 

It looks awesome.  The pricing seems pretty darn good for what is offered.  Nice easy days as far as mileage goes too. I am interested depending on when you decide to go.  

I'll come up with some dates after I talk with them next week.

I'll see how many people we need for a private group tour.

CiD

That looks very cool, Chris. You get a lot for what you pay. Like Hobie said, very do-able days.

Hmmmmmm.....?

4 minutes ago, Dan Diego said:

That looks very cool, Chris. You get a lot for what you pay. Like Hobie said, very do-able days.

Hmmmmmm.....?

I didn't see knee scooters on the list to use!

I'm getting this ankle fixed now so I can ride for a long, long time....

Just now, Dan Diego said:

I'm getting this ankle fixed now so I can ride for a long, long time....

Can't wait to ride with you Dan. 

Ok I received a little info. The minimum for a private group is 8 riders. I was thinking about the 6 day 5 night off road tour. If people are really interested we should start looking for dates early next year. Please chime in if you are serious about this ride.

Chris

Here is my email from the tour group in Ecuador.

Dear Chris,

Following our chat earlier today, please find below more information regarding the Guided Offroad Ecuador ADVenture tour (6 days / 5 nights).

WARNING: This is not a normal motorcycle ride. This tour requires elements of endurance and stamina. Riders must be able to ride in adverse weather conditions and adverse road conditions and for long time periods of time  (up to 10 hours)

Please note that we have a scheduled date for this tour: January 28, 2017 – February 02, 2017.

Right now I would have the following bikes available for this date:

One BMW F800GS

Six Suzuki DR650

Alternatively, if you are 8 or more, you could do a private guided tour, same itinerary, same price: it could be February 04, 2017 – February 09, 2017:

Right now I would have the following bikes available for this date:

One BMW F700 GS

One Husqvarna Terra TR650

Two BMW G 650 GS

One KTM 690 Enduro R

Seven Suzuki DR650

Please let me know as soon as you can which dates and bikes you would prefer, as I mentioned this is a very busy time and many bikes are already booked. When you do I will send you links to go to our secure payments site to make the 50% deposit to secure the bikes.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Florian

Good praise for the tour group on this. I'm pretty excited about doing it so I'd like people to commit if they really want to go. Or if we can't get 8 people then whoever wants to go we can try and schedule on of the other rides. The problem is they also rent out their bikes for unguided tours so if we want certain bikes we need to commit soon.

CiD

51 minutes ago, Covered in Dust said:

I'd like people to commit if they really want to go. ..if we want certain bikes we need to commit soon.

As much as I'd like to go, Chris, I can't ride hard until I fully recuperate from this ankle surgery. 

I will watch you guys with envy from a physical therapist's office...

Chris -

The trip sounds awesome. I like that it would be physically challenging, and of the bikes listed I would take any of them, although the 690 enduro or Husky would be a bonus. My problem is being able to commit early. Not possible with my business. So I'm lurking and officially interested. I'll stay tuned and see where things end up.

Bob S.

I put another 5 bucks in the jar this week.  Dibs on the 690

I have a schedule conflict with their tour that starts on January 28th so I'll look into other dates. I really want to do their off-road tour and they don't have another one scheduled soon. I think if they have a different tour scheduled that has no sign ups yet they will change it to the off road tour. I'll keep all posted.

CiD

Great news because I was going to have to bow out based on those dates as well.