Schweddy Balls

BestDualSportBikes Anti-vibration inserts = No Arm Pump?

Hey guys,

Has anyone tried these the Best Dual Sport Bikes Anti-Vibration inserts? Never had an arm pump problem until the new bike. I'm getting massive arm pump on the new KTM 500 so considering all options.

http://bestdualsportbikes.com/the-dead-end-anti-vibe-system/

I'm aware of options from BRP, Faastco, etc., just wondering if anyone has tried the aforementioned specifically? If you have flexxbars, also interested in your feedback on those.

Thanks!

Haven't tried those. But I have tried the flexxbars and the twisted engineering composite bars. I like both of the flex type bars. Twisted Engineering I like more because I feel it gives me more room to adjust levers and add accessories. IMO. Im going to be selling my twisted bars you're more than welcome to try them.

Never had an arm pump problem until the new bike. I'm getting massive arm pump on the new KTM 500 so considering all options.

Lighten up (on the grips) Francis!

Never had an arm pump problem until the new bike. I'm getting massive arm pump on the new KTM 500 so considering all options.

Lighten up (on the grips) Francis!

Thanks Mr. C. for the great advice.

I hope you actually show up tonight, Alice! :-)

I agree with Chris... stop trying to squeeze the black out of the hand grips...

Actually, if you haven't had arm pump problems before, but all the sudden you are having it with the new bike, it's most likely the bar bend. Figure out which bend works for you, get good grips, and relax a bit, and you should be fine.

But, directly on your question, I have tried the Flex bars. I couldn't stand them. But others, like our very own Boston Mangler (who rarely graces us with his presence anymore), swears by them.

Could be bars I know on my 350 arm pump was from the suspension being too harsh but that was with the 4cs forks and u have the better ones already. Im running flexx bars on my 350 and yz250 and love them but something else is causing your problem could be bar position or another factor.

Dreaded arm pump. Some guys swear by drinking pedialite before the ride.

thanks gents. Its probably a combination of the aforementioned but I've never had this issue on other bikes, including my old 525. I think BP619 could be on to something here...haven't touched the suspension yet so will see if I can tune it a bit. Also, after some research, its seems the new bike is "known" to have significant vibration to the bars and is a common complaint with this particular bike more than others. I went ahead and dropped the $$ for the bar ends in hopes it will help for my upcoming Baja ride. Will report back once I've had a chance to install.

@Rev5, maybe we can reconnect when I get back from Baja and had a chance to try out the new bar ends. If they don't work, will be interested in your bars.

thanks gents. Its probably a combination of the aforementioned but I've never had this issue on other bikes, including my old 525. I think BP619 could be on to something here...haven't touched the suspension yet so will see if I can tune it a bit. Also, after some research, its seems the new bike is "known" to have significant vibration to the bars and is a common complaint with this particular bike more than others. I went ahead and dropped the $$ for the bar ends in hopes it will help for my upcoming Baja ride. Will report back once I've had a chance to install.

@Rev5, maybe we can reconnect when I get back from Baja and had a chance to try out the new bar ends. If they don't work, will be interested in your bars.

Any word on your anti-vibe bar ends?

Installed heavier springs in front and heavier spring in rear. BOOM!...Arm Pump gone! Haven't even installed the bar inserts yet because I wanted to Isolate if it was the suspension. Granted this was the first time I've ridden in almost 2 months. I will still install the bar inserts when I get some time but wanted to give an update and let you guys know what a great job @George did at suspension 101. I also found my sag was @100 instead of 112-115 so had RJ help with that yesterday....man, what a diff ! Will repost once I install the anti-vibe inserts. Thanks for the input gents!