Would anyone that has re-mapped or re-flashed their KTM EXC ECU please PM me with any details you are willing to share.

My 350 is in need of some help after new exhaust end cap, FMF snap insert and TPS adjustments not taking care of the issues.

Thanks!

Blake,

Happy to discuss my setup but the remap is a bit of a black hole topic as its a a dealer thing; you can't do it yourself. Sounds like you are already checking www.bestsualsportbikes but just pick up the phone and call him. Talked to him extensively, nice dude and happy to help. I recall he said you don't need to do both the remap and TPS. I know he was headed out on vacation this week. I also have FMF 4.1 slip-on, no issues so far.

I have the ktm tool to remap but I think the EXC boxes are locked.

see PM. plural

Thanks.

Does anything change if you remove the snap or reinstall the stock endcap?

Have not gone back to stock setup and put TPS back to .59. The bike runs good it's just not starting very well when cold and is having flame out issues right off idle.

I have the ktm tool to remap but I think the EXC boxes are locked.

Yes, the infamous "LOCKED". But what does that actually mean? People are doing/having it done so how? I'm just trying to find someone to show me the secret hand shake to get it done or provide me that introduction to someone who can help. On a side note, Brad..... did you get my PM on trailer storage?

Hi Blake, My 350 EXC-F is a 2012, so these settings may not be exatally the same. Your shop manual should have the right numbers. My bike was not starting easy. So I set the idle to spec (I think it is 1850 to 2050 rpm) and set the TPS to .601 +/- .004 (or maybe .005, ck the book) volts. Use a really good multimeter. It made all the difference in the world. Starts instantly all the time (gotta use the "choke" when it's cold). The manual sez to let it idle for 5 minutes after changing these settings. I check these settings now and then. Usually the idle speed stays set but TPS will change. be careful when you set it, It is very sentitive. The setting will change just from tightening the screw.

Travis on KTM Talk can change the map for $75 (at least that's what is cost a few years ago). You can just send it to him.

I left my ECU alone and went with the JD Tuner. It worked great for me. Either the map change or the tuner will help make the bike run better. The EXC's are soooo lean from the factory.

Oh yeah, You gotta set the idle speed when the engine is fully warmed up.

After about 250 hours it was getting hard to start and changing the settings didn't help. It was idling crummy too. I took off the throttle body and the air bypass port was full of dirt. Cleaned it out and all was good again.

Some guys are setting the TPS slightly off of spec to fool the ECU and make the bike run a little richer. KTM Talk has a lot on this.

Hi Blake, My 350 EXC-F is a 2012, so these settings may not be exatally the same. Your shop manual should have the right numbers. My bike was not starting easy. So I set the idle to spec (I think it is 1850 to 2050 rpm) and set the TPS to .601 +/- .004 (or maybe .005, ck the book) volts. Use a really good multimeter. It made all the difference in the world. Starts instantly all the time (gotta use the "choke" when it's cold). The manual sez to let it idle for 5 minutes after changing these settings. I check these settings now and then. Usually the idle speed stays set but TPS will change. be careful when you set it, It is very sentitive. The setting will change just from tightening the screw.

Travis on KTM Talk can change the map for $75 (at least that's what is cost a few years ago). You can just send it to him.

I left my ECU alone and went with the JD Tuner. It worked great for me. Either the map change or the tuner will help make the bike run better. The EXC's are soooo lean from the factory.

Oh yeah, You gotta set the idle speed when the engine is fully warmed up.

After about 250 hours it was getting hard to start and changing the settings didn't help. It was idling crummy too. I took off the throttle body and the air bypass port was full of dirt. Cleaned it out and all was good again.

Some guys are setting the TPS slightly off of spec to fool the ECU and make the bike run a little richer. KTM Talk has a lot on this.

Thanks Jim. I've read up on just about everything you've mentioned from stuff on KTM talk to the thread here on SDAR and everything in between. I've decided I'd like to go the remap route as I'm not getting consistent results in my case.

I'd send the ECU to a reliable shop outside California My choice would be Munn Racing. Get them to re flash it with the Euro map or the XCW version.

I don't know how KTM believes these bikes are supposed to perform so lean. Once tweaked the bikes a handful.

I'd send the ECU to a reliable shop outside California My choice would be Munn Racing. Get them to re flash it with the Euro map or the XCW version.

I don't know how KTM believes these bikes are supposed to perform so lean. Once tweaked the bikes a handful.

Thanks. That is the route I am likely headed.

Is anyone well acquainted with the folks at All American?

Too close the loop on this thread....

I shipped my ECU to Munn Racing in Texas. They re-flashed to the Euro map. All in it took just over a week.

Haven't ridden yet but now the bike fires up instantly from cold and purrs like a kitten. Looking forward to getting it in the trail.

a

. Looking forward to getting it in the trail.

I think there's a mountain trail ride trip getting planned for a couple weekends from now. The weekend before deer rifle season starts.