Rob on his DRZ400. Me on my RMZ450.

Rob did a heck of a job riding the dunes on the DRZ. I think he's addicted to sand now.

Also rode over to plaster city via pole line then a lot of whoops on old race course.

Also did the jeep trails on the North side.

Rode about 5 hours. Weather was amazing, no wind until about 2, temps in the 70's.

post-15562-0-53053600-1432434691_thumb.j

post-15562-0-58342400-1432434736_thumb.j

post-15562-0-63223000-1432435339_thumb.j

Good job rob I remember my old drz in sand bought back memories with your bike stuffed in sand on last picture

Too cool. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Ken thanks for driving and for the awesome time. Yes I like sand. With my drz400 over this last year and a half I've learned I really like to ride tight single track and riding sand dunes. And high speed through the whoops is what don't like lol.

Ken has a couple good vids with his great commentary as I'm trying to make it up crackhouse hill climb.

post-15782-0-32911000-1432479843_thumb.j

I like the whoops at full throttle the faster the better for me.on the husky.

My crf is more of a wheelie machine across them.

It will be a while before I can hammer the whoops like before.

By next year for sure 6th gear full throttle...

Sdhydro im glad you were out there with kenny. He needs his sand fix.

Nice job rob I've done that not as easy as you made it look. Looked like you almost did a superman on the way up.

Way to go guys! And Rob, I know you can make that bike move from our old Death Valley trip together.... So nice work making that exceptional, outstanding, incredible, super nice hot, black, supercharged DRZ - that rides like the wind... roam around the desert (from a member of the DRZ club) hahaha

I wandered sin nombre, sandstone, all of corrizo gorge, fish creek, diablo, tapaiado, O wells, slot... etc, an hoped to wander your way to watch you guys in the sand (from a distance :) but the dang small gas tank kept me from turning south east out of the split opening... as I was thinking I would cross paths with you, but glad too, as I got back to campground with 1 oz of gas left, even after two 22oz MSR bottles drained to help the cause. Truly fantastic weather !!!

Oh, maybe you still have a 3x3 mod you don't need, as it doesn't sound like you need it by looking at the video of you jamming up that climb..... cheers. Nice riding guys.