Sign in to follow this  
RobATK94

Spot tracker body mount

How are guys mounting your spot 2 to your chest protector? I Typically had it in a bag, but want it a bit closer to within arms reach, just in case. I've seen pictures of some kind of bungee case for it mounted on jackets and chest protectors, but can seem to find it to buy. Also seen a few pics of these mounted, but there doesn't look to be a case or pouch. Looks like the bare unit is some how attached via the rear. I am trying to not just slap a bunch of zip ties on it.

Any one go from a spot 2 to the gen 3? Worth the upgrade?

I found that a small military bandage pouch does the trick handily. It has the standard clip on the back and a button on the fromt that keeps the Spot unit securely inside.

As well, the thin material allows the unit to track satellites.

Hope this helps.

The bag the device comes with has a mini carineener fastener; I gave that to DanRider. post-14554-0-44123300-1430690835_thumb.jpost-14554-0-09539300-1430691119_thumb.j

THis is how I have it mounted on my Ogio vest. This is the bag that came with it that has a hook on the back then I added the velcro strap to make sure it stays on.

P1010449_zps02a7ee65.jpg

I've just been putting mine in the leg pocket on my Klim riding pants. Works great and stays clean.

My Spot 2 died and after a bit of negotiations with Spot they gave me a voucher for $150.00 to buy a Spot 3.

I like the 3 better but would not have gotten one just to upgrade.

CiD

I guess I'm the zip tie guy....right on the back of my camel back

Just some food for thought. My last big getoff I ended up on my back with the pack between me and the ground. Fortunately there were others there to summon help but if I had been alone there's no way I would have been able to reach a Spot in\on my backpack. Probably an unusual event but real none the less.

Just some food for thought. My last big getoff I ended up on my back with the pack between me and the ground. Fortunately there were others there to summon help but if I had been alone there's no way I would have been able to reach a Spot in\on my backpack. Probably an unusual event but real none the less.

Same thing happened to me on the trail. I'm on my back, bike on my leg, and my InReach was in the pocket of the Camelback I was wearing. I managed to get out from under it all, but for a few minutes I was worried I was stuck, and it would have been tough to get to anything. I've since gone with a front mounted solution.

Came across this on the Kurt Caselli Foundation (KCF) page. Produced by Giant Loop and endorsed by KCF. $40 MSRP and a portion goes to KCF. Check it out here http://www.kurtcaselli.com/news/ (Scroll down the page a bit...)

Added the Giant Loop link --> http://giantloopmoto.com/products/tracker-packer-spot-gen3/

1.jpg?format=1000w

From the KCF site:

The Kurt Caselli Foundation is proud to announce the release of its first officially endorsed safety product, the Giant Loop Tracker Packer, a ruggedized holster for the SPOT Gen3 GPS-enabled location tracker and emergency beacon.

Developed in conjunction with The Kurt Caselli Foundation, the super rugged and secure Tracker Packer firmly attaches the SPOT Gen3 device to the rider's arm, backpack shoulder strap, handlebars, fork tube, and many other locations. Redundant closures, multiple connections, and tether points, help prevent the SPOT from becoming separated from rider or bike, even in the roughest, most extreme riding conditions. The Tracker Packer enables riders to follow best practices by wearing the SPOT within reach, in a horizontal position for optimal satellite signal. By keeping the device in a visible, easy-to-access location, anyone on the scene can quickly deploy the SPOT's SOS signal in the event of an emergency, sending the GPS location to an international emergency response coordination center.

"It has been a pleasure to work with Giant Loop and take the Tracker Packer from just an idea to a finished product" says KCF Rider Safety Adviser, Quinn Cody "This is our first mission related safety product and thanks to a great group of motivated people, we have been able to bring it to market in less than a year."

Made in USA with military-specification components and materials, the Tracker Packer is backed by a limited lifetime warranty. USA MSRP is $40. The Tracker Packer is available bundled with the SPOT Gen3 for $150 exclusively at Giant Loop a portion of all Tracker Packer sales will be donated to the Kurt Caselli Foundation.

Safe Rides All!

The Tracker Packer is available bundled with the SPOT Gen3 for $150 exclusively at Giant Loop a portion of all Tracker Packer sales will be donated to the Kurt Caselli Foundation.

Safe Rides All!

Buck 50 for the bundle is a great price and the donation to KCF makes it even better.