TrophyHunter

Run whatcha brung ride - in 4 to 6 weeks

Depending on when and where I'm in but my baby still has street tires so I might only do a partial ride.

2014-12-21%2B13.27.34.jpg

Still one of the most smile inducing quick rides I've had. Hope u can make it, Arnie.

Depending on when and where I'm in but my baby still has street tires so I might only do a partial ride.

2014-12-21%2B13.27.34.jpg

Or you could put some knobs on it like any self respecting dual sporter would do...

Kinda of enjoying it as a back country road rocket while the tires wear out, plus I'm cheap :)

Hmmm, vintage, antique, retro, classic, .... or old, or worn out.... , just like me - haha. Just yesterday, as I rearranged the garage, I opened a gap wide enough so I could actually pull out a bike that I haven't ridden for quite awhile..... so I zipped around the neighborhood on my 1983 XT 550. Here is a pic from last year wandering around all of the ravines near Picacho, mostly two up too :).

post-15577-0-82921400-1430776244_thumb.j

likely only one more - " run what I brung" for me before I let it go!

Front end done. Forks rebuilt, hub and fork lowers ball bernished, new spokes and polish old style lipped Akron rim.

post-3291-0-83221400-1431008795_thumb.jp

426495_494942383876742_1514638830_n.jpg?

Whoa !! I had no idea these people were around.

Will somebody please buy this vintage dual sport so we an see it in action!

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/mcy/5005741522.html

Exceptionally nice, original BULTACO 116 Alpina 350. This bike runs, shifts and rides just as it did when new over 40 years ago. The odometer shows less than 1500 miles. It is registered for street use with a California license plate. This bike was Dual-Sport before the kids knew what that meant. The Alpina 350 is regarded among the best all purpose vintage trail bikes ever made. You can take this out on single-track, fire-roads or the desert and have fun all day. Dead-simple to maintain and operate. Caswell lined tank for today's fuel. New Chain, cables.
$3,200 OBO

If somebody wants to take lead on this, go for it.

Sold the Wombat back to it's prior owner.

What? Are you down to one couch?

....and a plated WR....which is on the fence.

Step away from the keyboard....take a breather!

does a 1985 yammy XT600 qualify? its been to AcaMex 6 times and only flats slowed it down! Oh, and what about pick-up/chase rigs? haha (ok, not funny...) sounds like fun...