Boston Mangler

December 23rd Ride! Huge Turnout! Great Fun! Great Pics

Hey Guys

Thanks for another awesome ride today! Had a huge turnout of 15+ bikes! Great group and everything went smooth!

Thanks to Jon for setting it up, Thanks to Gunner for feeding us, and thanks to Craig for following me home yet AGAIN to make sure i made it safe (carb issues).

Sorry i wasnt all that social, bikes been having some very frustrating carb issues lately!

Anyway, awesome run, here are some pics:

campocorral003_small.jpg

campocorral011_small.jpg

campocorral013_small.jpg

campocorral006_small.jpg

campocorral004_small.jpg

campocorral009_small.jpg

campocorral014_small.jpg

campocorral015_small.jpg

campocorral018_small.jpg

I'll move mine here:

Just want to thank HondaPilot for leading an awesome ride today and thanks also to Chief Gunner for the hospitality, hot dogs, Doritos, and tasty beverages at his Corral Canyon campsite. It was good getting to meet some of you as well, I think there was something like 16 of us that did the ride.

Here are some pics.

At the top of Otay TT:

December242007003.jpg

At the bottom of...Marroon Valley?

December242007011.jpg

Along the border road, someone found a tunnel to Mexico nearby:

December242007012.jpg

At Chief Gunner's campsite, he had the grill fired up and ready:

December242007013.jpg

I want to thank Jon for putting it together. I would like to thank Gunz for being the giving person he is to have food and drink and meet us out there.

It was a huge turnout, with all types of bikes. There was so much terrain covered dont know exactly where we went.

I have never ridden coral canyon. Nice. During break Grant and I rode some trails. Found some nice Black Diamond single track. Trail #5. Dont know if they have names. Great meeting and riding with you Grant!

When leaving we did Kernan trail, Sdar trail I guess. Although this must of been an extension of the trail. We do not do maintenance on this part. ROCKY hill climbs. Hard to believe no one got a flat with the speed we were going over it. It was a blast doing the single track.

No one really had any serious bike trouble. Pretty good for the amount of people.

I would like to thank all who showed. It was nice meeting new people, and it seemed good times were had by all. Everyone was very nice.

Till next time!

We (Rachel, Justin and I ) Had a great time yesterday. It was awesome to see the big group of riders out there! The next time we get a big group together like that we'll set it up right! It was great to finally meet some of you in person, sorry I can't remember all the names. Thanks to all who pitched in B)

Heres Michael and Craig with Timex & Pancho

mybabehh008.jpg

Look at all those bikes: Hondas, KTM's Huskies, Beemers, Kawis, Suzuki's ...nice diversified bunch!

mybabehh007.jpg

I pulled a muscle in my back so I did not even suit up yesterday :huh: So instead I spent some time at the campsite with the dogs (and my buddy Budweiser) while Justin (My Son-In-Law) took Rachel riding.....He rode my pig and admitted he liked it :D Rachel did really well on the bike, stalled once or twice but she really impressed the both of us. B)

mybabehh004.jpg

She also drove the 4Runner, and let me know that she intends to take posession of when she gets her license, NOT! :D

mybabehh016.jpg

What a great turnout, what a diverse group, huskys, hondas, suzukis, ktm, bmw, great write up and photos

Looks like it was a great ride, wish I could have made it.

What's on the radar for a New Years ride??? :huh:

I enjoyed meeting and re-meeting a bunch of cool SDAR riders... Mad Dog Mike, DigDug, Ron, Numbskull, Grantzilla, Jon O, walker1, KLRoger (+ whoever my memory fails me on). Gunz & Family, Mangler, Bum, Hammer, VP Kev, Steve, Stephano, 2Wheels -- always a pleasure as well.

Chief, hope you're not tired of the "thank you's"... THANK YOU!! :huh:

Just a few shots... Grantzilla, walker1 and KLRoger

post-101-1198523228_thumb.jpg

post-101-1198523246_thumb.jpg

post-101-1198523259_thumb.jpg

Excellent Ride! :huh:

Thanks to all, especially;

HP- Good Lead- Way to keep it moving.

Gunz- Great hospice for us mentally & terminally ill, thrill seekers.

Mangler- Nice pics & post

Dig- Thanks for the Wait, I've got to work on my skills on those loose rocks, and wear more protection!

Haminal aka Hammer & Bum aka TyeDye - You Guys Rock!

Stefano- You Wheely-ed past me, going up a hill at 50 mph!

Beemer Dudes- Some of the most Impessive display of Adventure Sport Riding & Partying I've ever seen.

Grant- Nice trail riding Thanks!

To the rest- I can't remember all the names, especially when there are 2 names and 1 face behind each Helmet this old brain fades a bit- Good Ride!

Again, Thanks For the Ride, God Bless & Merry Christmas

walker1-out

ktm525exc

:D What a blast!

Thanks HP and everyone else. I had a blast.

That is the longest I've ever been on a motorcycle.

Thanks to all who helped, and pulled over when my motorcycle just stalled. I put on a bigger tank and I must have a clogged line some where. It stalled probably 8- 10 times on my way home, that's why I left Gunners camp site a little early.

When it stalled, I would just pull off the gas cap so it would get a little air, and it would fire right up? :huh: That would get me anywhere from 5 to 30 miles before it would stall again?

Again what a great club, I hope to see all again soon. I also just hope to keep improving as a ridder, and improving my VERY stock bkie!

Thank's again,

Ron

When it stalled, I would just pull off the gas cap so it would get a little air, and it would fire right up? :huh: That would get me anywhere from 5 to 30 miles before it would stall again?

Hey Ron

That sure sounds like a vapor lock problem to me.

Do you have a nice vent line coming from the cap? Is it clogged or kinked?

I am going to bet a whole $1 that its a vapor lock issue.

I have the Clarke 4.7 gallon and had the very same issue when i first got it. Turned out that the cap was bogus and it didnt vent correctly! New cap and i am as good as new! Well, almost! :D

Do you still have all the smog stuff on?

Wow what a turnout yesterday!! At the top of Otay Mt we had a whopping 17 riders!! :huh:

Thats the most bikes I've seen in one place since the Desert Dash.

Thanks to everyone for coming out I expected a few bikes at Mission Bay and 6 people were there. I expected 7 more at Thousand Trails and 10 were there. We then met up with SanDiegoLand at the top of Otay Mt. What a great diverse group. Almost every manufacturer of dirt oriented motorcycle was on hand.

To all the newb riders out there we kinda flew through a great expanse of riding area that day. There is a whole slew of dirt roads and trails all over the area we covered. Get out there and explore, post here and find a good riding buddy and ride more and be safe.

I will post a gps/google earth track for everybody to see exactly where we went that day and try to get an idea of what else was out there.

I wish I had some pictures to share, but I always forget my camera. SO everybody post up some pics for me.

Till next time,

Jon

Oh yeah and special thanks to Chiefgunner for letting me flog his truck to the store and back.

Acutally I meant to say "...not getting pissed at me for flogging his truck all the way to..."

:D

Honda :huh:

WOW, awesome photos gang and good times, I will be on the next ride I promise I am just itchin to get out with a good group of folks... If someone wants to explore some trails between the 26th though the 5th of 2008 send me a pm and lets ride as I will be off :D

take it easy

fred

Awesome ride! I got there later then I thought I would because I was looking for a gas station. :D I was overwhelmed by the number of riders. :D

P1010003.jpg

P1010002.jpg

The day was perfect. I only dropped it twice and got lost about three times. :D Those BMW Ghost riders are something else too. I think I learned alot just riding with everybody.

At times when the front group would take off down the road I was reminded of a group of starlings taking off. They appeared to speed off with no direction. The next thing I would see is everybody going together down the road, almost as if it was a choreographed dance. I sure wish I had a helmet camera to take a video of them, it was beautiful!

P1010005.jpg

P1010004.jpg

Hey I don’t know if anyone has noticed this but Hondapilot is TALL! He took off on his 650 honda and I thought he was riding a 50! :D I have a problem getting off my TE610 because it is so tall. He sat on it and appeared to be on my KLX300. :D I’d say it fit him perfectly. Jon, thanks for the ride and also for coming back and getting me. I hope we can get together and do that bike trade soon.

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

Also thank you to the Ghost Riders for being so patient with me. I hope to improve my riding skills so I will not hold you up so much next time. Can I run the Bradshaw trail with you guys? (please, please, please.)

Chief, thanks for the food and it was great to meet you! I guess you sailors aren’t so bad after all. I hope to try riding with you soon. Just take it easy on the poor jarhead, ok? (semper fi)

P1010009.jpg

P1010008.jpg

Kevin, Thanks for posting that. I still haven't had a chance to look at mine. Stinkin holidays...

Roger, I'm glad you noticed my height. I try to keep it conceled as best I can but sometimes it gets out. I'd sure like to ride that bike of yours, but there's no hurry. Even if I really like it I can't even think of a new bike for a couple years. Maybe on the next ride.

See you all on the next ride,

Jon