rydethis

Otay again 12/21 anyone ?

Sounds good Rydethis! I'll be in contact next month! Have fun tomorrow!

GSthumper, just message me in January and I would love to get out there with you. This area is pretty much my backyard and easy for me to make a last minute ride out !!

Lurking.....I need to go by Southbay Motorsports anyway to use up a couple gift cards. I've also wanted to check that area out for a while. So the meet up is on the street outside SB Motrsports at 8 and KSU before 9am?

I plan to be there by 9am to meet up, so I would say KSU by 9:30 although if everyone is there and ready by 9 we will head out. I won't be leaving the house till 8am.

It is looking like we may have a good turnout for this ride, looking forward to it :smile_anim:

Is this something a mx bike can do?

I believe you can in Otay, but where we will be riding from you can not. Correct me if I am wrong please someone as I am unfamilar with the area we will be riding in from.

tvscum winty rydethis cv rick..I will be at sb motorsports at 830 riding there from my house

tvscum winty rydethis cv rick..I will be at sb motorsports at 830 riding there from my house

See you in the am !

I am in.

PS: The Chargers bite!

(EDIT: I take it back!)

crap I turned the game off . nice comeback

GREAT Chargers game! I spent the night in a bar with one of my bands...watching the game on the big screen, and watching my wife get trashed...so I decided I should stay home, get the kids to church, and help her nurse her hangover...i'm sure you guys had fun; hopefully Rick didn't damage any of you- some of those climbs can be tough

Yeah, I pretty much bailed on the hill climbs. Soon, I'll try them soon, but today was not the day. Regardless, I had a lot of fun. Pretty muddy in places, but I think the only time I actually nearly wiped out was on some hard pack. Awesome place to ride, and nice that it's as close as it is.

GREAT Chargers game! I spent the night in a bar with one of my bands...watching the game on the big screen, and watching my wife get trashed...so I decided I should stay home, get the kids to church, and help her nurse her hangover...i'm sure you guys had fun; hopefully Rick didn't damage any of you- some of those climbs can be tough

Downhills can be tough also. Ride report now.

Yeah, I pretty much bailed on the hill climbs. Soon, I'll try them soon, but today was not the day. Regardless, I had a lot of fun. Pretty muddy in places, but I think the only time I actually nearly wiped out was on some hard pack. Awesome place to ride, and nice that it's as close as it is.

Jimi,

I am glad you made it out, in time those hills are not to bad and I think you would have done fine riding around with us the rest of the trip. All and all it wasn't to bad. Lots of good riding down there.

Anytime you want to go again let me know, be more then happy to take you up the fire roads to the other side. Hope to see you on the trails again.

Had a blast, thanks Rydethis for organizing and Rick for leading! Here's video of Rydethis's spill.

Where are the hill climbs relative to Otay Truck Trail?

I'm no expert, but I think they are on the other side of the mountain... there is one very rocky steep hill (Spaugh has promised "free lunch" to a no dabs ascent) right on Otay, as the main fire road goes right, there is a short Spur to the left... STRAIGHT in front of you... Join us this Sunday, and Rick will show us some new stuff... NO BROKEN BONES GUYS

I'm no expert, but I think they are on the other side of the mountain... there is one very rocky steep hill (Spaugh has promised "free lunch" to a no dabs ascent) right on Otay, as the main fire road goes right, there is a short Spur to the left... STRAIGHT in front of you... Join us this Sunday, and Rick will show us some new stuff... NO BROKEN BONES GUYS

Thank you so much. We went the first day of the last storm and got rained out at the top of the mountain. My first time south of 94.

Sundays are out for me.

That rocky hill climb is crazy. I have looked at it a few times to find a line. I do not think I will be trying to climb it any time soon. Probably never. I know of some other reasonable trails around the area. Most down near Otay valley. One that is pretty cool ends up at an old Adobe house then you have to climb up a steep switchback trail or bomb a more direct trail. That one is closer to marron valley.

That rocky hill climb is crazy. I have looked at it a few times to find a line. I do not think I will be trying to climb it any time soon. Probably never. I know of some other reasonable trails around the area. Most down near Otay valley. One that is pretty cool ends up at an old Adobe house then you have to climb up a steep switchback trail or bomb a more direct trail. That one is closer to marron valley.

I have ridden those too, I think... I had to get authorization from somebody to ride one of those roads, and we road the boulder field near the adobe house, and a steep climb (with pasta on his Honda) up a narrow climb. They have since closed off more areas

Ridge road has some cool trails also. I would buy lunch also if someone climbs that. Touch or not.I just would want to witness it.

I have ridden those too, I think... I had to get authorization from somebody to ride one of those roads, and we road the boulder field near the adobe house, and a steep climb (with pasta on his Honda) up a narrow climb. They have since closed off more areas

And since then they have also re opened some trails.

What time are you guys starting?

And from where?

830 pio pico campground up otay truck trail..Check the other thread. I will just ride out slowly.I need to figure out how to deal with the cold on early starts.

What time are you guys starting?

And from where?

830 pio pico campground up otay truck trail..Check the other thread. I will just ride out slowly.I need to figure out how to deal with the cold on early starts.

maybe you could put one of those big wind shields on your bike with a coffee cup holder and some grips warmers