paulmbowers

Saturday November 15 Big Bike ride to plant Tree

I'm confident he'd appreciate the pun... :coolio:

I'll be riding the Big Bike to Butterfield (there's a song title!) leaving the lot behind Major's in Pine Valley about 0800, and taking a typical ADV type route with road and trails over to Butterfield. Ride will be paced above beginner level, but nothing technically heroic. There is a possibility the route will be on land where the access control is of an ambiguous nature, so be warned.

I'll be leaving Butterfield shortly following the ceremony, but the route/group back is undetermined- I suspect people will scatter to their various destinations. I'm open to suggestions.

I'll be leaving my home in Mission Hills about 6-ish for the slab ride to PV is anyone is interested in droning out there or joining along the way.

Motorcycling is a dangerous sport which demands training and experience. Please ride safely at your own pace. Arrive to the meeting point on time, prepared to ride with full safety equipment, spares, tools and a bright, shining attitude. Radios will be used on a frequency of 146.505Mhz. A fuel range for this ride is undetermined, but likely exceeding 100-150 miles. Your mileage may vary, check prospectus before riding.

I'm confident he'd appreciate the pun... :coolio:

Yes, he would... :coolio:

PS: Plenty of parking in the lot behind Major's for those trucking/towing smaller bikes.

I'm new to the group but would be up for the ride to meet some new friends. See you at Major's.

I'm new to the group but would be up for the ride to meet some new friends. See you at Major's.

Welcome, Dave!

Shouldn't have a hard time finding (or hearing) me, but the bike looks like this:

13129371065_451989fa67_c.jpg
Breathtaking, no?

If you're a well-experienced rider on your GS, you'll probably struggle just a little on the roads/trails we intend to take. We leave nobody behind.

I'll PM you my contact number.

There is a serious fence at the beginning of a particular TT. Be prepared for the long way round. D

Been pondering a ride out. DR'able considering the rider?

Should be a great fit. Bigger bikes might go fast on the highway, but nobody gets left behind and you'll make it up on the dirt.

It will be great to ride with you!

I'd like to tag along, was planing to go that way and find some sand to test my new tire.

Had a good little group this morning- Trophyhunter, Dave and Dave, Paul and Paul and Beeez. Good conditions, one tipover, otherwise a nice little ride.

Thanks, guys!

You weren't kidding - it is in the fine print.

Good lead, Paul and good to see familiar and meet new...faces.

I never kid.

You're kidding, right?

Ah yea… I really wanted to check out that sand berm up close. It was good to meet some of the folks from SDAR at Butterfield. Fugly and I stopped in Julian on the way back, got some cider but too long a wait for food, it was packed. It was fun thanks for letting me tag along.

Thanks for leading this one Paul. Great ride and even better people to share it with. Had an awesome time and look forward to another at some point.