Ken S

Golden tire Gt216AA

Good Call ADV-Bum!!!, I also just checked in yea, Michelin makes a an M16 (90/100-21) designed for use in only one of their tires the HP4 series starcross hard terrain tire.

I spoke with ZipTy it seems that they have a line on those and they are on order.

Hopefully no more mousse cutting and stuffing.

Last time I checked the chart the M15 (90/90-21) was the only do all 21in mousse in the catalog

I also now believe that Golden Tyre does make a "fatty"" sized mousse to fit their bigger sized front tires

I would much rather be toting both an M16 and M14 anyway!!!!

For anybody trying the large size Golden Tyre or other large (90/100-21) size front tire:

I highly recommend acquiring and fitting the proper sized tube for the tire. A standard size (80/100, 90/90 or 3.00) front tube won't do it. I've just had my second valve stem tear out of my tube after a very short use in the tire. I can only rationalize that the smaller tube squirms around in the tire and causes the stem to slowly tear out. It was not a tire pressure, valve stem nut or bead lock issue. I ran 15 psi in it because I don't want flats (I hate tubes!)

Proper tubes are essential for the size of tire used.

Good Call ADV-Bum!!!, I also just checked in yea, Michelin makes a an M16 (90/100-21) designed for use in only one of their tires the HP4 series starcross hard terrain tire.

I spoke with ZipTy it seems that they have a line on those and they are on order.

Hopefully no more mousse cutting and stuffing.

Last time I checked the chart the M15 (90/90-21) was the only do all 21in mousse in the catalog

I also now believe that Golden Tyre does make a "fatty"" sized mousse to fit their bigger sized front tires

Rob or anyone in the know....

Did the Michelin M16 90/100-21 mousse work out for the Gold Tyre 216AA? Or has the Golden Tyre large mousse hit the streets yet? Have a GT 216AA on the way for my 500 and am considering the mousse.

Of note, found this company selling all Michelin mousses for $99 with free shipping.

http://www.pdi-racing.com/mx/michelin-tube-90-100-21f-bib-mousse-22513/

my GT216AA still has a 90/90-21 cut with an added section of another mousse to squeeze it up. One of my crew just got a M16 mousse and is waiting for a GT216AA so we will see how it fits when the tire arrives. On that same note the GT216AA by all accounts works best when well pressured, like a new feeling 13psi feel mousse or at least 13psi tube, mine is breaking down a little and getting some tire roll causing me a little less confidence in the front. However this tire is really lasting well so I will most likely get away with stuffing another section of mousse into it to expand the set up and tighten it up.

big shipment arrived at ZipTy Racing--so they are back in stock here in US

That concurs with the timing they gave me about two weeks ago. Placed my order back on Feb 8th!!

Sweet sounds good i ordered mine a month ago also cant wait.

Sweet sounds good i ordered mine a month ago also cant wait.

You won't be disappointed. Have had one my 300 for 5 months and love it.

remember they seem to like a solid inflation or solid mousse so think 13 psi or it will roll a little, my mousse is near its end of life and the front is not quite as stable when it was fresh, due in part to tire wear but mostly to the lower pressure feel. So some go with as high as 15psi on these things at best a mousse gives you about a 13PSI feel.

Just did 45 miles on new 216aa tire and all I can say is amazing ran 15 psi in maxxis uhd tube tire did great in all conditions from pine valley to Kernan cycle trail then went on wrangler and back couldn't be happier. My original Michelin FIM enduro use to wash out bad when braking all gone now. Like Ken said it will pull out of ruts had one scare but just point it where u wanna go and it pulls u there. Thanks for recommending this tire.

Thinking about a Golden Tyre on the front and a Motoz Hybrid on the back of the 500.

That's make me a pretty cool dude, no?

Are you kidding? With that setup you'll have umbrella girls waiting for you at every stop.

That's actually what I'm going to run just put the golden on front and already ordered the motoz mountain hybrid rear just gonna wear on my original rear first. I think the kenda trials hybrid will do better but no release yet.

is the 15 % discount still available for this tire ? i need a front tire bad on my new (2me)bike.

any links to the discount coupon?

I have an almost new but a couple years old 90/100 Bridgestone I'll let got for a 12er of something hopped.

is the 15 % discount still available for this tire ? i need a front tire bad on my new (2me)bike.

any links to the discount coupon?

CH10 code gets you 10%

Just did 45 miles on new 216aa tire and all I can say is amazing ran 15 psi in maxxis uhd tube tire did great in all conditions from pine valley to Kernan cycle trail then went on wrangler and back couldn't be happier. My original Michelin FIM enduro use to wash out bad when braking all gone now. Like Ken said it will pull out of ruts had one scare but just point it where u wanna go and it pulls u there. Thanks for recommending this tire.

makes sense all the guys I know from the PNW say run them pressure up 13-15psi and they work best. and mousses new give you 13psi feel. mine is a little squirrely now with a worn mousse.

Thanks for coupon code bought another tire for my ktm

Thanks for coupon code bought another tire for my ktm

Yup.

Got me one too.

Can I have the umbrella chix with the advanced degrees? I'm fond of the intellectuals. Masters of Fine Art is ok, too.

My second fat tire will finally be arriving tomorrow after almost 2 month wait. Now I have to decide whether to install the Tubliss that's been sitting around or get a mousse.

The tubliss is already paid for and here so...