Suspenders

690R - What! - Jealousy?

So one of youz guys, I will let him come forward if he wants, comes by with a 690R wanting to get the suspension done.

I try to stay conservative with others money so I suggested springs and lets take this step by step.

Later, the bike is on the stand, and I find myself sitting down staring at it, longingly?

It has Rally Raid Dakar all over it. Gas tanks, windshield, electronics mounting, this is how to build a bad to the bone traveling 690R.

Springs only? I scoff that that!

The internals of the forks were replaced with EXC cartridges, rods, caps, mid valve etc. and the bike now has 12" of travel in the forks with some bad to the bone valving including a few custom parts.

The rear suspension has been increased by 12mm and I am not sure I am satisfied with that. Hmmmm, can I get more?

This bike is going to be able to get some serious air even though it is set up for aggressive two track. It can glide at 100mph and look bad to the bone doing it.

Why Jealousy?

This is my old 690R. I sold this low mileage bike a few years ago as the racing was in full swing etc. and it only had a bit over 2000 miles on her.

Got one good ride from Mesquite to the mountains of Utah and then she sat.

Then it shows up with still under 3000 miles and looking like this?

One thing I will never forget is the motor on this bike is magical. A silencer and mapping and have fun keeping the front end down, and smooooth to boot.

I would send a picture but do not want to steel thunder.

Incentive to start my 990 mods. Goal save weight, better suspension than can be purchased on the open market and more. Then show Bowers a wheel.

Scoundrel that he is!

Did I say that out loud?

Just ordered the fork parts.

Thanks for the incentive!

Geez, now I want to see pictures

I've been waiting to see this finished product and glad to hear the handling is in line with the rest of what happened to the bike.

Just got back from a work trip...jealous. It better be all black or it won't go very fast.

That's a good price. What he's listed is well over the $18k mark at least.

To bad it isn't black and I don't have $13k laying around.

It's interesting the changes between the EVO1 (your kit Hoss) and the EVO2 kit. Your EVO1 has the 990 dash I believe, and the EVO2 kit has two options with the ADV Kit (990 dash) and the Rally Kit (Road Book Post). The Rally kit is somewhere in the neighborhood of $450-500 more expensive for all that mounting equipment for the roadbook, ico, etc. It's a bunch of weight up there. This also requires more attention when doing the suspension with the addition of the 2 fuel tanks mounted on either side of the airbox that's where the gas tank is on most bikes.