ADV Bum

sunset ride suggestions

I am going to take my daughter (9) out with me (2 up) on her first MC ride tonight. We will be on the Vstrom. Any suggestions on a good sunset destination that would have a safe-non highway path from Encinitas? Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am just looking to make her first ride nice.

Sneeker that would of fit nicely. I wanted to head out into elfin forest for the drive. Unfortunately my wife has shite canned this in the blink of an eye. She says she already had plans after work to take the kids to the beach and hang out with some of their friends.

My 5yr old son seeing the prep of helmets and radios for my daughter (getting jealous) gives me an inspiring " Dad, I would like to hang out with you sometime". MC seeds being planted.

So now I am free to ride whatever. Maybe I will do some small bike training in the San Marcos wilderness, head out to black mountain or big bike cruise.

For a little excitement go out there via Olivenhain

Who doesn't love a good water crossing and a chance to see some llamas?

http://goo.gl/maps/Ke824

If the short hillclimb up Suerte Del Este is a no go hit SeaQuest Ranch from Fortuna Ranch Road / Canyon De Oro.

For a little excitement go out there via Olivenhain

Who doesn't love a good water crossing and a chance to see some llamas?

http://goo.gl/maps/Ke824

If the short hillclimb up Suerte Del Este is a no go hit SeaQuest Ranch from Fortuna Ranch Road / Canyon De Oro.

If Suerte Del Este is right after the water crossing by the Bridges development, it is a definite no go 2up on a the Vstrom. That hill is really rain rutted. Where do you guys get the names of these places? When we grew up those areas were referred to as Spook's Canyon. Many a weekend partying out there before developments moved in.

That's the one, I just grabbed the name from google maps. Still a great place to catch a meteor shower or test out a new suspension tweak.

Sneekers destination looks good from your area... so does Palomar. i'm an East County guy now (I miss the beach) so I would suggest Otay for a good sunset. 94 out to some dirt roads- all totally rideable two up on a pig

Looking at google maps makes me want to take the small bike and explore some of the rural roads in San Elijo and see what I can find.

Looking at google maps makes me want to take the small bike and explore some of the rural roads in San Elijo and see what I can find.

If you're a little daring you can find THIS

If you're a little daring you can find THIS

I have forgotten the pw to get into it. You can pm me the location/ directions.

I tried the usual password and it didn't work....it's so secret, no one can view it. :confused:

If Suerte Del Este is right after the water crossing by the Bridges development, it is a definite no go 2up on a the Vstrom

Just rode up here today and it's been freshly graded; you could drive a camry up it now.

Just rode up here today and it's been freshly graded; you could drive a camry up it now.

tgdoomsday.jpg

Now that's my kind of Camry lol. I'd suggest the Otay Mtn Bunkers. Sit up on the bunker and have a sandwich or something while the sun sets :)