paulmbowers

Sunday, June 1, 2014, 0700: Big N00bs and Bikes Ride

Celebrity hosts and that SDAR team of snarky comedy, BikeSlut and paulmbowers, have developed a Big N00bs and Bikes Ride for this Sunday, June 1 beginning at 0700.

Rendezvous point will be Carl's Jr in Alpine for a 0700 (that's 7AM) riders meeting, with kickstands up promptly thereafter to take advantage of the dwindling cool weather.

We intend to include big-bike friendly interesting and scenic roads including Viejas Grade, Pine Valley Road, Bear Valley Road, Kitchen Creek Road, Fred Canyon Road, Thing Valley Road, Sunrise Highway, and Deer Park Road.

You should have some training and/or experience- this should not be your first motorcycle ride- but the pace and terrain is selected for both n00bish riders and big bikes. You will not be left behind, and anyone/everyone will be helped through any tough spots that may present themselves. More experienced riders are obviously welcome, and will enjoy the leisurely pace and more frequent rest stops this ride will offer.

Your bike should be carefully checked in advance for mechanical issues, and you should carry tools necessary for roadside repair, including flat tires. You should be equipped properly and safely attired for a ride of this nature.

If you've not been on an SDAR n00b ride before, I encourage you to try it out, regardless of your experience level. N00b rides are one of the reasons SDAR is good for our riding community- we get to support new riders and reconnect with more experienced.

The SDAR radio frequency is 146.505 if you're using a radio.

See you there!

Disclaimer: This is an informal ride among individual riders who choose to ride safely at their own risk. BikeSlut and paulmbowers assume no responsibility whatsoever. Not a bit, not a teeny-tiny little bit. We are not professional ride organizers, and assume no liability, even if we run into you.

Sounds fun. Too bad I'd have to leave my house the night before to make it in time.

Sounds fun. Too bad I'd have to leave my house the night before to make it in time.

Not that difficult, you should go!

Camp with the hillbillys! Bring the restored 565 and roost a certain P/O..

This ride sounds like a good time and I'm a big fan of that area as it has some of the best scenery of the SD trails but alas, I have family commitments that morning.

It would take an hour from Temecula if you move it and stopped whining about it.

It would take an hour from Temecula if you move it

The Ayres right next door to Carl's is one of my customers. I know exactly how long it takes to get there. :)

The Ayres right next door to Carl's is one of my customers. I know exactly how long it takes to get there. :)

Excellent. See you at 7!

I would love to make it, but I just got out of the Hospital and still on the mend. I'll be there next time! You all have a GREAT ride!!!!

Good route, sounds fun, wish I could make.

In...

Sweep...

Now... drz w/dirt tires... or gs w/street tires?

You could do either. But since you could ride the GS to the RVP, that's what I'd suggest.

I'll be on the 990.

I'll try to be there. New Steering Head bearings in the big blue pig and I haven't ridden off pavement since the Noob Rally. Damn I'm slackin.

Well, this may be perfect timing for me... I'm a N00b here but not to riding. Don't know much about the area and I'd love to meet some locals! Any guess on estimated range we will need to make this route? My ride still has the factory tank.

Alpine has gas... Pine Valley about 30 miles later has gas...Golden Acorn is not too far from the bottom and they have gas... Julian has gas

in short; gas shouldn't be an issue. I have a 300 mile range, and won't use half of it. bring an empty bottle to transfer gas if you're worried

In...

Sweep...

Now... drz w/dirt tires... or gs w/street tires?

GS.. for sure

Maybe in, with either the Husky supermoto or the Fat Tiger.

Oh YIKES... just mapped the starting location. Hour of slab just to get to the start of the ride! Not exactly ideal for a TE630 hahahaha.

Oh YIKES... just mapped the starting location. Hour of slab just to get to the start of the ride! Not exactly ideal for a TE630 hahahaha.

I'll wake up at 5, drive up to Oceanside on my KLR, pick you up and we can caravan back to Alpine... see you in Oceanside @ 6.

I ride from Oceanside once a month to Alpine, and it's always traffic free, and riding the 52 is pretty nice.. Watch the coast for a while... you know... an adventure

Going to propose this to my wife this evening. Although Paul is unwavering master of his domain, I still like to involve my wife in these types of decisions lest I arrive home to the bikes in the driveway and all the locks changed. :)

I totally understand (as does Paul)... we are both on our second marriages, and have learned to walk the tightrope

"I'm a man and I'm riding motorcycles Sunday!"

"If that's ok by you, and then I'll come home, wash your car, and cook you a nice dinner"

I USUALLY get home by LUNCH, and she gets to sleep in.. happy wife, happy life

can I get a witness?

I'll wake up at 5, drive up to Oceanside on my KLR, pick you up and we can caravan back to Alpine... see you in Oceanside @ 6.

I ride from Oceanside once a month to Alpine, and it's always traffic free, and riding the 52 is pretty nice.. Watch the coast for a while... you know... an adventure

I wasn't too worried about the distance just the time... I'll have to see about being gone for so long. As you just mentioned... happy wife, happy life!

I totally understand (as does Paul)... we are both on our second marriages, and have learned to walk the tightrope

"I'm a man and I'm riding motorcycles Sunday!"

"If that's ok by you, and then I'll come home, wash your car, and cook you a nice dinner"

I USUALLY get home by LUNCH, and she gets to sleep in.. happy wife, happy life

can I get a witness?

Paul's texts said differently. Something about not taking any lip from his wife.

I took a screenshot as I'm sure it will come in handy someday. :)