dylanewilliams

New member from Clairemont

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and live in Clairemont. I ride a 2013 GSA1200, which replaced my 96 1100GS. I have ridden throughout mexico and central america, but recently I am just getting a feel for the San Diego area (I moved here in 2012). My favorite ride here is Pamo valley to Mesa Grande to Old Wilson road to Grapevine Canyon to Old Borrego Valley road then out into Ocotillo wells from there.

I am looking for more dirt roads so I can get off the pavement earlier and stay off it further. Today I am going to explore the backside of Palomar Mountain.

Any advice on trails to ride would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for letting me into your community!

post-15654-0-94735900-1400947467_thumb.j

post-15654-0-43707200-1400947609.jpg

post-15654-0-52001600-1400947610_thumb.j

post-15654-0-66759100-1400947647.jpg

Welcome aboard. If you wander South and a little East, you can enter Otay Truck Trail by Pio Pico campground on Otay Lakes Rd. There are a few routes once up top and if conditions are right, you can ride the border road along the fence, through Marron Valley and up Tecate Peak which drops you into Barrett Junction.

Post up if you want to do that and a few folks might join in. PMB has a good route from the Sleep Train Amphitheater in Chula Vista, under the bridge and up on Otay from the South.

Yeah, but who'd want to ride with ME?

I fall down all the time.

I sing.

Very cool, Welcome! I'd love to see/hear some of a ride report from some of the trips you have done!

There are lots of quality big bike riders on the site to ride with.

Yeah, but who'd want to ride with ME?

I fall down all the time.

I sing.

aw... we hurt his feewings...

welcome aboard Dylan! We do some big bike rides now and again, including North County and Otay... better to test bike/rider limits with friends, than by yourself

Welcome! Love the pic of the 1200 in the air...proof that big bikes can still have some fun. :)

Welcome aboard. Join a ride or set one up. As far the backside of Palomar (assuming you mean the north side), start on Palomar Divide trail and go from there. You can explore the north side in a half day or less. And before you ask, there is a locked gate separating the south side of Palomar (the Observatory) and the north side...so unfortunately you can not connect by going over the top of the mountain...

Welcome to the site.

Of the rides you listed, I may be on Mesa Grande Road today en route to some bike camping with a fellow SDAR member.

I hope to see you out on the trail soon.

dan

Another person from Clairemont?? We seem to be the new hotbed of SDAR.

Welcome aboard!