kkug

Dana Memorial Ride Attendees List June 14-15

I haven't called Mike's yet........I'll call later today to confirm for me, Rich, Seth and Dan.....

Done. 4 Amigos confirmed w Mike's.

gracias mi amigo

I haven't called Mike's yet........I'll call later today to confirm for me, Rich, Seth and Dan.....

gracias mi amigo

Tráeme mi perra cerveza

gracias mi amigo

Tráeme mi perra cerveza

lol

If you are unable to make it to Mike's and made a reservation, please give him a call and let him know directly before Friday morning. I am giving the Saw Mill the estimate tomorrow for lunch tomorrow.

Our group will be big it is most likely we will break into smaller groups. Be ready to go on time or meeting us there.

I need some help day of distributing T-shirts at lunch, photographer wanted or if you could share yours with me after that would be helpful. I am sure a few other things will come up.

To answer the question " Do you need a passport to cross the border?" No, I crossed tonight with my drivers license...couldn't find my passport and it was easy although he did ask if I had a passport and I am fairly certain he looked it up.

Thanks everyone for coming out. I appreciate it.

It is our privilege to attend Sondra, and thank you for organizing this. It's going to be a terrific event that Dana would obviously appreciate, and I'm sure his family will.

It is our privilege to attend Sondra, and thank you for organizing this. It's going to be a terrific event that Dana would obviously appreciate, and I'm sure his family will.

:rolleyes::smile_anim::angel:

I have an extra reservation for two at Mike's. Can you let me know if you need it or I will give him a call tomorrow night to cancel it. Go ahead and post it vs. PM. Thanks, SL

Good news - we do not have any trail sharing/conflicts with the Los Anciano's group. They will be riding the same weekend but different trails.

But as always watch out for other traffic as these are common roads/trails used on a daily basis by locals and off road enthusiasts.

I just called Mikes and Carguy and I are in for a room.

I need help ASAP-can someone make a phone call to Baja in Spanish for the Memorial ride right now…..I will send you all the info. I can send you fun tickets to cover the call.

As soon as my assistant gets back from lunch she can make a call if you still need it. I'll have her call you - her name is Fatima.

Thanks, I just got the call done and we are all set for lunch......sounds like we will have food, beverages and gas:) Ok, we will......

I told Sandra at Saw Mill to plan on seeing about 20 riders on Sunday possibly in smaller groups stopping by for food and gas.. I figured it was better for them to have more gas, food and beverages.

Sorry, but I won't be able to make this ride so please take me off the list. Have fun, be safe, and I look forward to the pics!

All,... note that I'll be replacing Rich (sorefoot) S. Rich, use the red loctite... it will hold longer.

Appreciate the opportunity to join in.

I posted this on the other thread also.

#1--Hi all -Wow this ride has realy blown up. Their is no way that we could ride in one group. So I am asking you all to download the tracks to the Memenoral site so in case you get detatched from the main group you can make it. I will be asking for ( Trail Angels ) ( to be marked with ribbon on their helmets to help out )
#2--Also please have ride buddies so with a small group if someone is not familar with Mexico you can help each other out. So if you never have been down their before please ( don,t be shy ) try to join a group. Hopefully everyone will help each other out and you can make it in a timly matter.
#3--We need to take a group photo at the Memenoral site before you break off to go to lunch,gas,Mikes ,or back to Tecate.
#4-- Remember you are on your own so be safe and enjoy the Camaraderie.
#5-- Parking--their are two lots across from the mini Market and one behind the market. Sometimes they are quite full so make shure you get their early to unload,and get ready. Please have your tanks full before hand. As the Market might be busy.
#6-- Green sticker bikes - It has been known that some have crossed back into the USA with a Passport and your Green Sticker Paperwork. So if you are doing this be prepared ( paperwork wise ) and you will be rideing on the street on your own risk. ( Possibly Walk It ! )
#7-- Make shure you obey all Mexican trafic laws and scan for hidden stop signs. The Police in Tecate have been known to stop people so be prepared just in case.
#8-- So I need Trail Angels to help out with the Technical group. So all you experenced Baja guys post up here or P.M. me. You will get some ribbons for you helmet LOL .
#9-- Crossing back into USA. It has been known that some have split lanes and some have barged into line a few blocks before the border. If you try to pull this off you are on your own and who knows what will happen to you.
#10-- Remember this is a Memorial Ride for Dana and not a typical Baja ride. So take it in stride and enjoy the outdoors. Relax !
Thanks The "KUG"

Parking attendant needed. --- Someone who can line (direct bikes ) up at Tecate, Memorial site,Rancho Ramona,Mikes ect.

We will give you a High Viz Vest !!! :):wub::)

Person needs to be in the first group of riders and get to Tecate early.

I have added the following

#11--Memorial Location, we will line up the bikes starting at the turn so that traffic coming towards us will know something is going on and slow down. It is an area people drive fast on. One bike tire to tire before and after the location facing towards the memorial. Def. want a group shot of everyone.

#12--Kato will stop and tell the Rangers and Police what we are doing out there.

#13--PLEASE RIDE through the Lake to the location at a slower speed.

Thank you for your support. Sondra

HELP

Photos-it would be helpful if everyone can take pictures through their ride and share them on the Facebook event page. Dana doesn't have a Facebook page so it would be nice to have them there so his family and friends can see them.

It is legit to go directly to the front when crossing back into the USA. But no need to lane split if you take the side street and cross through the concrete barriers about 100 yards before the guard. Just pull up to the line and wait patiently for the guard to wave you up. I believe my tracks have the return side street included.

Edit, mistake...never mind :)

The guards were at the very back wall and only a few...none near the stop sign making you wait your turn:)