danrider

I got the fever to go

For the last month or so I have been prepairing for my trip to Alaska, today I laid everything out and checked my list. After I went through it all then I started to eliminate all of the stuff in the Kitchen Sink ,when I was done I packed and loaded the bike. I am going to ride it for a couple of days then take it on some small pre trips and camp. Dan and I plan on camping 75% of the trip and both of us are looking forward to it. It is getting close and I can feel the trip, the anticipation is making me feel like a kid again.

post-13882-0-27672000-1400442806_thumb.j

post-13882-0-24331400-1400442820_thumb.j

post-13882-0-88088200-1400442842_thumb.j

post-13882-0-74141300-1400442853_thumb.j

AWSOME! There and back?

AWSOME! There and back?

Yes, we plan on leaving late June and making it back to San Diego at the end of the first week in August. The whole trip should be about 10 to 11 thousand miles

Yeah, baby! SDAR will be representin' up north.

I'm so jealous. I hope you guys have an incredible trip. Two year till retirement for me and then I'm on board.

I would go in a heartbeat. We did 16000 in 4 weeks with a Lance and F250 in 2002. 2 more years and I hope to find some one who can go with me to Australian for 3-6 months. Keep your eyes open and inform me if you know of someone who can do the same in 2016-2017. I know is a long time but I like it to think about this and get prepared. :sleeping_02::heh: Ich bin reif fuer die Insel.

We did 16000 in 4 weeks...

Wow! And I though I was an Iron Butt guy. We do plan to take it fairly easy. We padded the days to allow for frequent stops, side roads and weather.

Dan is bringing a fancy dancy camera outfit for the phenomenal scenery; I plan to document the ride for those interested in reading about this epic adventure.

These trips lend themselves to a Schedule C business and tax write offs. Done correctly it could result in nice tax savings. One of the keys is a business plan done prior to leaving, explaining and detailing how you will make it profitable.

Having said that....oh my....over a month on bikes!!! Way too cool.

We did 16000 in 4 weeks...

Wow! And I though I was an Iron Butt guy. We do plan to take it fairly easy. We padded the days to allow for frequent stops, side roads and weather.

Dan is bringing a fancy dancy camera outfit for the phenomenal scenery; I plan to document the ride for those interested in reading about this epic adventure.

Like i said in a F250, and driving for hours is not hard form me. Only my wife said that she got tired and it where 11:30 mid night and still daylight.

I can't wait to see your ride report...

Any tag-alongs for the mini pre camping?

I may be in the market for your BMW tools when you get back...

I can't wait to see your ride report...

Amy tag-alongs for the mini pre camping?

I may be in the market for your BMW tools when you get back...

You are welcome to go on the pre camp, I plan on going up to Big Bear and camp by coon cabin the first weekend in June. Leave Friday and come home Sunday.

I'm Jealous Dan! I have a long time before life will allow a trip like this, but it's definitely on the bucket list. I look forward to hearing about your adventure!

Wish i was in a position to do a ride like that. Instead, i will anxiously await your ride reports. Be safe my friend. And have the time of your life.

Dave I will do a ride like this with you. Look at it as if I am scouting it out for our trip.

Wish i was in a position to do a ride like that. Instead, i will anxiously await your ride reports. Be safe my friend. And have the time of your life.

I'm Jealous Dan! I have a long time before life will allow a trip like this, but it's definitely on the bucket list. I look forward to hearing about your adventure!

I'm not even sure I am in a position to take over a month off of work! That instigator, DanRider, kept pushing, pushing, pushing until I made the dream a reality. My employer is dubious, but it is what it is...

The Great White North has called out to me like a deranged lover for years and years; it's time I went back to see her.

I'd like to say the ride will be EPIC, but we're not youngsters. Prolly not a lwhole ot of drinkin' and carousin' and runnin' from bears in the plans, but the RR will be chock full of whatever Alaska and Canada have to offer.

I'll send out the SPOT link before we depart.