2 pin wires and this green cast for 4 weeks. but still will need a recast for a follow on 4 more....

IMG_1377_zps10039755.jpg

That lithium battery did it to him!!

:shiftyeyes_anim:

It happened while test riding a most beautiful Italian machine, on 19APR with surgery on 28APR.

I was test riding a 2014 Beta 450RR Race Edition....nothing happened to the bike, thankfully.

PS never relax and just cruise, even on well traveled well known single track........always be in attack position ready to deal with any obstacle however small and make sure you have the correct spring rates for your weight as an side mention.

PPS I dusted myself off rode back to camp and promptly hopped onto my TE300 and got about 1 or 2 miles into the ride and called it a day...(more like 2 months once we found out the extent of the break)

RR-Race2014-450-hires_zps00344b2f.jpg

Anyone considering a new high tech race ready DS (or race bike RR model for that matter) may want consider the RS models of the Beta they are amazing bikes.

Robert did you find the engine braking severe on your ride? I rode the 450 rr and either it was just due to being brand new or some soft springs up front. Seemed to dive severely on small throttle reductions. I like the ergos and like I said the motor was still really tight/new

thing was for sure new and tight, for me its an direct evolution descendent bike of my 2008 TXC450 Husky its carburated with the same Keihin FCR carb, DOHC 450 just like my ex-Husky.

Its alot like my TXC450 engine wise but with harsh in the rear undersprung suspension (my weight issue not the bikes issue).

Engine was still breaking in, but these 450s do have alot of engine braking,I did not find anything excessive.Its normal operation for me to use my clutch in both directions auto type slip to control acceleration and slipper clutch slip to control decel and smooth out the decel (even on my 310s).

On the 450RR-R I rode when the owner gets his suspension sorted (should be about the same as my set up) and the engine loosens up this thing will be a 450 enduro no stall single track weapon. It really is a direct comparison to the 2008 TXC450 Husqvarna I had, but my husky was even smoother than the Beta because I had the SM model counterbalancer installed (the best mod ever for DOHC 450/510 Huskys)

Wow, man. Hope it heals up 100%. So did it break when you put your hand down?

Wow, man. Hope it heals up 100%. So did it break when you put your hand down?

Phil,Yes, along with my bruised left hip and side of body......it was a body slammer, instant from seat to ground.

this is the typical skateboarder injury, kid working at the hardware store yesterday showed me his both wrist scars...from multiple scafoid fractures and other wrist injuries related to skate board crashes. hand goes down arm bones push with full body weight into wrist..and crack goes something. I have had this injury once before while playing soccer as well. I'll be back, Ive got a new TE300 to ride..

so if you like the new beta 450rr but want an older/cheaper version.....get a 2008 or newer carburated TXC450 Husqvarna.

TXC450 Husky/Beta450RR comparo,

450cc, DOHC, Estart, 6 speed, Marzocchi/Sachs,Italian,hyd clutch,Keihin FCR, and all high quality euro controls, semi perimeter CrMo chassis, linkage rear suspension.