TrophyHunter

Cyclops LED headlight - $60

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/3000-Lumen-H4-H6-LED-Headlight-bulb-_p_83.html

ADV Thread / testing --> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=948701

Ran into this while cruzing ADV. Looks like a good solution without having to find room for a HID ballast. Not a bad price. Thinking about it for the little bike.

good find, that it the first good looking (true high/low) led headlight bulb replacement i've seen. very cool!

Agreed, that looks to be a good solution for an original headlamp / mask setup.

If I can determine that this will fit in my old DR350 housing, I'm going to do it. Thanks for posting.

If I can determine that this will fit in my old DR350 housing, I'm going to do it. Thanks for posting.

let us know if you do!

Any feedback or follow up on this? I haven't done anything with it yet - 'cept know it will fit the DR so might replace the HID set up.

my friend has the bulb on his 530. It looked pretty bright. I just ordered one for my 500exc. I like that I can use the stock mask but get more light than stock without too much more money. DD

Bear in mind that advmonster has these now too. I've been running his lights for over a year now with no issues.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=976505

H4headlight2_zps868e7ab6.jpg

P1020960_zpsf3309222.jpg

And for those of you with older KTMS, here's the option I ended up with. One of his M60 lights in a newer KTM mask. WAY more light than you'll ever get out of any bulb in a stock mask. These will fit any bike as they use rubber straps on top and locating pins on the bottom.

ledmask_zps504bfb86.jpg

P1020334_zpsa4c21145.jpg

And now he's coming out with this this week. "Less than $150 shipped before ADVrider discount."

F40iso_zpseb8f014f.jpg

F40Dims_zps7282ee1c.jpg

The future is definitely bright with lighting options...

I have the same one as VacMan for my stock Husky light mask. It has a controllable low beam, you can set the percentage of power going to the light on low and it's 100% on high. Very bright, I did a few night rides this season in the desert and made a lot of my riding group jealous. LED is good stuff.

Fundamentally different reflective principles between the "stick" and "forward" systems. The 4 X System uses 4 reflecter cones. The stick would appear to be less efficient with the LEDs 90 degrees out of alignment from the reflector.

PDBlue, do you have an opinion? These things put out 3600 lumens, but how many lumens forward? Needless to say cost effective. If they light your way, good deal.

Bagstr