TdubLady

New girl/Lakeside

Hi everyone! I'm Miriam, 43, and live in Lakeside. I'm not working at the moment, so weekday rides are a favorite.

I grew up riding dirt bikes on the farm in North Carolina, but spent most of my life on the back.

A little over a year ago, a friend gave me a TW200 that had been abused,neglected, then abandoned behind his shop. It had a broken case where someone kicked it into oblivion and an assortment of other issues. My father-in-law welded the case and I rebuilt the carburetor, set the valve clearance, replaced gaskets, seals, wires, etc, and got it running late last summer.

I had no idea I'd love to ride so much. I got my license on my birthday this year, and I ride every chance I get. I'm not as fast as the rest, but I'm steady and persistent, and I sure enjoy the journey!!

Hi Miriam! I'm not so fast, either. It's hard to bird-watch if you're going too fast! Welcome! Hope to see you on a ride, soon - although I admit I don't ride much in the hotter months.

by the way... I had a TW for a little while too, and can say; they go pretty much anywhere... not quickly, but eventually

they sip gas, are really low to the ground, and nobody EXPECTS you to be anything except slow... PERFECT bike to learn on

Join in on a ride, and meet some of the folks

Welcome, I am also not working currently,live in Santee,love to ride, am 42 and last name Brown Haha any way's i am actually headed out to Utah Monday for a week but will be available for rides after that and although i am not new to riding i am new to Dual Sporting so am only familiar with a few local routes.

Chris

Welcome aboard! I'm off most Mondays and like the milder pace. Plenty of riders here that know the area.

Welcome to the dual sport family!

I'm learning things already. Looking forward to meeting everyone out and about at some point.

Definatl welcome to the group. I would have a TW200 sitting around for fun. I rode a friend of mine's back in Texas and it was a blast.

Yay! Welcome to the board. Would love to ride with you sometime! I have Fridays off.

Yay! Welcome to the board. Would love to ride with you sometime! I have Fridays off.

:good: Woohoo another female!! Let's make a plan!

I suppose I should say I ride to where I'm going. I have ramps, but no pic up readily available at the moment. I can borrow one fairly easily with some notice, but for the most part, I will ride to the ride, ride the ride, then ride home. :lmaosmiley: I also prefer to avoid the highway as much as possible. It bores me terribly.

Point to all this being I will need a little extra time sometimes; hope y'all understand. :crying_anim02:

Welcome to the group. I'm on leave for a few weeks, hoping to get some riding in so let me know if you want to go during the week.

See you on the trail!

I rode my bike to Pine Valley today, rode some trails, then rode back home...I've done it on the Tdub too, but it struggled on the freeway.

If you want to ride a Sunday ride, I know a good way to get from Lakeside to corral with ZERO freeway

So far I've explored all the way to Mountain View Springs and only got on the freeway from In-Ko-Pah to Mountain View. I've explored Japatul Valley Rd, Honey Springs, Otay Lakes, Dahesa, and back around to Granite Hills. I've taken quite a few side roads that turn to dirt and then have gates. I went to the windmills near the Golden Acorn. Also went to the end of the old cement road at Mountain View Springs, overlooking the 8.

On the other side, I've taken Wildcat Canyon to Ramona to Dudley's Bakery and back. In other words: ALL my rides are Sunday rides, LOL!

I know a good way to get from Lakeside to corral with ZERO freeway

Lay it out.......