SICVIC

The numbers are in.

Go with after market wheel bearings and you should be fine for the whole ride. If you still have the originals in your bike change them now, ask Bowers about this.

http://www.steahlyoffroad.com/wheel-tire/wheel-bearings-spacers/ktm-husaberg-rear-upgrade-wheel-bearing-spacer-and-seal-kit.html

CiD

Oil: Mine at 9000 miles would have been getting about 1' to the quart. lol

But none of those miles were road. Just up and down Corral 45 hundred times.

I like the numbers and I feel pretty good about the distances on a newly rebuilt engine.

DID Chain: I'm right on track with the DID suggestion. Love that chain. Also using steel F/R sprockets. I did have a master link clip go UA one time during a ride using that chain. Always carry a spare and no harm no foul.

Carb stuff. Yeah, got it all. Mains down to 165, needle, clips, tools to fit everything on it. A 165 should cover me if I find myself at 34,000' in 95 degree temps with not a cloud in the sky. After I install it I'll ask for directions from the nearest Sherpa cause I'm obviously lost.

Loctite=Good one.

Plug spare: Sucks; don't take it = will need it.

Wheel bearings: Mentioned several times! Mine are tore back. Takes a heavy set of channel locks and big ole hammer to just get the spacer dislodged. They are all flared out. They are on my last hour replacement list. Want them to be fresh out the door.

CID; I'll give your recommendation a whirl.

Chain slide: Depends on the weather right. Rain and mud and I'll be carrying that turd on my back for 6000 miles. Or using the frame as a backup slider.....

Yesterday I sorted distances and I've got advrider peeps lined up every 850-950 miles to the boarder of UT/ID (logan, UT). I'll send stuff ahead and do the oil at some and in Logan do a Big once over before heading up into ID.

On a whim I'll ask if anyone has connections in the town of Trinidad, CO???? They have one Moto type place named Hueys Cycles but I get the feeling they would rather sharpen chain saws......I'd rather mail stuff ahead to someones house and do the change out there.

Thrown out there to see if there are connects. Thanks.

All great info. My ears are open and not just to the bike. Camp stuff too. Like a camp chair. I want one but dont want to carry it. On day 37 will I want to beat up every person I see sitting in a chair just because I dont have it????? Things like this really kill the mood. lol

Think of this as your trip. If you dont mention it and I have a horrible trip because you didn't......I'll find you!

Thanks folks!

I have a helinox camp chair (http://www.campsaver.com/helinox-chair) and just bought 2 Joey camp chairs for my family ( http://www.campsaver.com/travelchair-joey ) from campsaver.com when they were having their 20% off sale which seems to be every other week.

joey_chair_citrus_-_hand_scale_-_7789y.j

http://travelchair.com/products/joey-chair-model-7799

It's not quite as comfy as the helinox, but much cheaper. I would definitely tell you to pack a chair of some sort for a multi-day ride.

Camp chair? Stop off the petcock, run her out out fuel then lay her down and sit on her.

Oh! You know I like the lightweight options.... Come day 37 I might be too weak and frail to git'er back up-offen the ground. That rest stop might become home till I can kill me enough ground squirrels to regain sum strength!

Did buy me a Titanium spork the other day. Weight savings and weapon of opportunity all in one.

Who needs a chair when you got a spork???

I would definitely run taller gearing, I used 14/48 on my 08 530 and still rarely used 1st only on most extreme stuff, admittedly that has a bit more bottom end torque than your 450.

Can't remember in your rebuild thread but did you put in a new clutch, they seem to last ages but if not to put another 200+ hours on may be pushing it?

Spare throttle cable, had one break and easy insurance although I was able to get the close cable to work and ride out.

Steep and Cheap has this camp chair on sale for $5.99 today. The problem is each item is only on sale for a short time so you have to keep looking if you want a certain item.

RU_zps266677d4.jpg

CiD

Surfing the net and gathered that Sicvic is on his epic ride. I think he is running stealth mode this year.Has anyone heard from him lately?

Ken, I remembered his mega-trip the other day and found his new ride report. Looks like you did as well. If I remember what he stated correctly, he is only carrying a dumb phone so my guess is his internet updates will be few and far between.

I'll be following it on ADV...good luck Vic!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=992107

The Sicness is raging over at ADVrdr. Started Tour de Idaho