slagnado

Dana Neisler Ride in Peace Memorial ride June 14-15, 2014

I'm in for this. Ken, can you provide some details about the technical group... i.e. can I ride my plated 2-stroke with 80-mile range? Or, should I plan to scoot the DR with Arnie?

2 stroke ok. With riding from the boarder to the sawmill might be right at 80 miles give or take 10, But remember we are riding down the highway from Tecate to Compadre Rd so make shure your jetting is ok. Are you going to mikes ?

So gas at the sawmill, Valley T,no gas at mikes . On the way back Valley T ,sawmill, ect.

We will not do ultra tecnical stuff because we have to be at the sawmill 11-11;30 We will do the jeep trails across and try to stay off the main dirt roads.

This is probably a stupid question (I'm asking it after all) but do we need Pesos for lunch or do they take 'Murican dollars?

They will take "Murican Dollars "

With this large group ( I don,t know what they have planed for us food wise ) I think we should all pitch into some type of kitty ( honor system includeing tip )

We have to get togeather with Sondra on this .

Will my DL get me across the border?

Do we have a break down of who is going in what group? Who will be going to Mikes, and who will be finding other accommadations for the evening? Is this an easy day trip down and back?

Yes your driver license will get you into Mexico !

Ok we have to start a new post for groups.

Will my DL get me across the border?

Do we have a break down of who is going in what group? Who will be going to Mikes, and who will be finding other accommadations for the evening? Is this an easy day trip down and back?

It may get you across the border into Mexico, but I'm pretty damn sure you need a passport to come back into the US. (I did in October)

I'm in for this. Ken, can you provide some details about the technical group... i.e. can I ride my plated 2-stroke with 80-mile range? Or, should I plan to scoot the DR with Arnie?

Seth you're a very solid rider - you can rock the black mamba DR650 on Ken's route. I'd personally say ride the DR vs. the GG simply it will be a hassle trying to mix oil to gas appropriately. If you need to gas up at SawMill for instance, you buy gas out of milk jugs and PemEx stations pump in liters not gallons.

ps: If your DR is still smoking badly and you're worried about it, I can probably loan you my DRZ for this ride (if I can get the wiring done on it first).

I'm in. I'll ride with Ken's group. Day pass - tec-sawmill only.

FYI -We have about 30 ( SDAR ) riders that said they are going. If you are going to mikes you need to buddy up and make your own reservations. ( I need to do this myself )

We have about 14 ADV riders and 15 Tec riders.

The ADV riders can get to Laguna Hanson no problem with a 8:30 start.

But us dirt people have to be ready and staged so we can leave promptly at 8:30 It will be like herding cats !

So get a early start so you can park your rig,gear up, gas up,and be ready.I hope the experenced guys take some of the noobs under thier wings and help them out .

I am going on a trip next week and will be out of the loop till June 11-12 so I am counting on the experenced guys to awnser some of the questions that crop up.

Possible GPS track if I have the time this weekend .

P.S. the tec ride will not be to intense due to the time frame and the large group.

I did not post here, I plan on riding the 950 and splitting a room with ktmrad. I live in Campo and if anyone wants to park here at my place, I think I can accommodate.

I do have a question, my number for Mikes doesn't work for reservations. Maybe I have a bad number??

Here's what I have, best to call M-Th. 011 52 (664) 681 5514

It has always worked for me.

We had a ride meeting last night. There was some concern about the Tech group not being able to do all the hard stuff or the route Dana was on. Let me clarify, the objective of the Tech group is to be on dirt the entire time we leave the slab, that's it. Our goal is to get the riders to the location on time and with a large group we will need to modify the way. If you want to do more single track you can form a smaller group and meet us there or play in the sandbox at your leisure after lunch. Please let us know if you have any questions. The tech group must leave at 8:30 sharp.

We are at 40 riders. Lunch will be about $5.00-$7.00 without drinks. Gas is available at the Saw Mill and runs about $5.00-$7.00 a gallon depending on what your preference is. They take dollars and pesos. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone out there to honor our Baja brother, Dana. Thank you for your support.

Possible GPS track if I have the time this weekend .

P.S. the tec ride will not be to intense due to the time frame and the large group.

Posted Kug's tracks here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24316526#post24316526

Track 1 (Blue) - Tecate to Mikes passing Memorials for Dana and Kurt.

Track 2 (light Green) - A couple short cuts off of Track 1 if pressed for time on return Sunday or just looking for different options.

I posted the bike bike tracks there as well: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24316526#post24316526

We will try and hit the KC memorial on the way to Mikes based on time and riders in the group. We have two options to get there:

Easy road from Independencia with a few miles of dirt in a short loop back to Hwy 3.

or

A longer route that has about a mile of sand in the beginning then joins the above route.

We are also stopping for tacos in Valle T just because they are soooo damn tasty - maybe a cold beer or real raw sugar Coca Cola as you prefer. I want to keep this fun and easy for everyone so if anyone wants to bypass the sandy part we will, the tracks show both options.

I am still in, but not going to Mikes now. (Kids reminded me the 15th is father's day). So I'm down with Afry group to Sawmill and then back same day.

If you are unable to make it to Mike's and made a reservation, please give him a call and let him know directly before Friday morning. I am giving the Saw Mill the estimate tomorrow for lunch tomorrow.

Our group will be big it is most likely we will break into smaller groups. Be ready to go on time or meeting us there.

I need some help day of distributing T-shirts at lunch, photographer wanted or if you could share yours with me after that would be helpful. I am sure a few other things will come up.

To answer the question " Do you need a passport to cross the border?" No, I crossed tonight with my drivers license...couldn't find my passport and it was easy although he did ask if I had a passport and I am fairly certain he looked it up.

Thanks everyone for coming out. I appreciate it.

Good news - we do not have any trail sharing/conflicts with the Los Anciano's group. They will be riding the same weekend but different trails.

But as always watch out for other traffic as these are common roads/trails used on a daily basis by locals and off road enthusiasts.

#1--Hi all -Wow this ride has realy blown up. Their is no way that we could ride in one group. So I am asking you all to download the tracks to the Memenoral site so in case you get detatched from the main group you can make it. I will be asking for ( Trail Angels ) ( to be marked with ribbon on their helmets to help out )

#2--Also please have ride buddies so with a small group if someone is not familar with Mexico you can help each other out. So if you never have been down their before please ( don,t be shy ) try to join a group. Hopefully everyone will help each other out and you can make it in a timly matter.

#3--We need to take a group photo at the Memenoral site before you break off to go to lunch,gas,Mikes ,or back to Tecate.

#4-- Remember you are on your own so be safe and enjoy the Camaraderie.

#5-- Parking--their are two lots across from the mini Market and one behind the market. Sometimes they are quite full so make shure you get their early to unload,and get ready. Please have your tanks full before hand. As the Market might be busy.

#6-- Green sticker bikes - It has been known that some have crossed back into the USA with a Passport and your Green Sticker Paperwork. So if you are doing this be prepared ( paperwork wise ) and you will be rideing on the street on your own risk. ( Possibly Walk It ! )

#7-- Make shure you obey all Mexican trafic laws and scan for hidden stop signs. The Police in Tecate have been known to stop people so be prepared just in case.

#8-- So I need Trail Angels to help out with the Technical group. So all you experenced Baja guys post up here or P.M. me. You will get some ribbons for you helmet LOL .

#9-- Crossing back into USA. It has been known that some have split lanes and some have barged into line a few blocks before the border. If you try to pull this off you are on your own and who knows what will happen to you.

#10-- Remember this is a Memorial Ride for Dana and not a typical Baja ride. So take it in stride and enjoy the outdoors. Relax !

Thanks The "KUG"

Parking attendant needed. --- Someone who can line (direct bikes ) up at Tecate, Memorial site,Rancho Ramona,Mikes ect.

We will give you a High Viz Vest !!! :):wub::)

Person needs to be in the first group of riders and get to Tecate early.

I have someone going in my car that will help line up the bikes going into the site, I even have a vest:)

My idea is that we will line up the bikes starting at the turn so that traffic coming towards us will know something is going on and slow down. It is a area people drive fast on. One bike tire to tire before and after the location facing towards the memorial. Def. want a group shot.

Kato will stop and tell the Rangers and Police what we are doing out there.

PLEASE RIDE through the Lake to the location at a slower speed.

I have a rider willing to lead an earlier group. I think we can get one group going earlier and I can sweep. Baja Turtle will sweep Ken's group if you don't have one.

HELP

Photos-it would be helpful if everyone can take pictures through their ride and share them on the Facebook event page. Dana doesn't have a Facebook page so it would be nice to have them there so his family and friends can see them.

I'll gopro and shoot stills. I pick the old and slow group! I will help anyway I can. Haven't been south on a bike since early 80"s

It is legit to go directly to the front when crossing back into the USA. But no need to lane split if you take the side street and cross through the concrete barriers about 100 yards before the guard. Just pull up to the line and wait patiently for the guard to wave you up. I believe my tracks have the return side street included.

I would like to ask everyone to arrive at the border at 7:30. The plan is to break down into smaller groups of 8 riders. Thank you...