Crawdaddy

A little rain would be nice but......

Dress4Less and I will heading down to Baja Friday -Tuesday with 6 other guys........unsupported trip........only have a rough idea of where we're headed (really rough/coarse "routes" sent to me by ride leader). We won't be riding anything too crazy since loaded down/unsupported/~1K mile trip........

I'd appreciate any suggestionsd/tracks to supplement/replace the "routes" I've been provided.......always nice to have options....Direct email is Crawdaddy@CrawdadOffRoadEvents.com

Please keep an eye on us Friday-Tuesday

I'll have my SPOT tracker turned on while we're down south of the border - http://Crawdaddy.WhereAmIRiding.com

Our path:

February 28 – Friday – Approx daily miles = 235 miles (Could be a LONG day of mud......may wind up slabbing to San Quintin just to get it over with in driving rain.......we'll see)
Compadre trail to Ojos Negros, then down to Santo Tomas, out to coast and down to San Quintin. Staying at Hotel Mission
Santa Maria. Ph# 011-52-616-165-9008
March 1 – Saturday - Approx. daily miles = 210 miles
On to El Rosario to the coast and finish at Catavina. Lodging at Hotel Mission Santa Maria (same name, diff location) Ph # 011-52-200-124-9123.
March 2 – Sunday -Approx daily miles = 240 miles
Catavina to coast, down Pacific to Santa Rosalillita ,then inland to Rosarito, to Mission San Borja, then to Bay of L.A. Staying at Villa Vita Ph#011-52-200-124-9103.
March 3 – Monday -Approx. daily miles = 200 miles
Calamuje wash to Coco’s Corner, past Gonzaga Bay to San Felipe, with a possible side trip to a mission SW of Gonzaga Bay. NO motel reservations at this time….lots of hotels available!
March 4 – Tuesday -Approx. daily miles = 220 miles
Leave San Felipe through Laguna Diablo, up the highway with side trip to Kurt Caselli monument thru Laguna Hansen to Tecate and back to trucks.

Keep your eyes open for my old Squareback in Santa Rosarita. Yellow - green- red - blue monster.

Hey... Newer member to SDAR here.

Hope you have a great trip. When you are on the Pacific side, there is a Home for Children just south of San Vicente. The name is Rancho Santa Marta.

That is my family. Google the place. If in need of a place to visit, take a break or run for cover....please stop in there. Can't miss it. 5 miles south of San Vicente, look for a large sign of a hand holding a baby in its palm. West side entrance off the 1. Should be on your maps. Tell them James sent you. They are Christian Missionaries so just manage yourselves accordingly. Also, in town ( San Vicente ), there is a guy...his name is Larry. His website is www.bajatrailrides.com . He lives and rides in Baja. Only met him once through my father in law but, have talked to many who speak highly of his knowledge of Baja. Just throwing it out there.

Have a great and safe ride..

James

Guest Crusty

No rain, High of 80 in San Felipe this week.

I will be riding the race course Thursday and Friday.

emailed you the GPX file from the ride I did back in October....interestingly enough its pretty close to yours.

Hope it helps and I'll look at your Spot from time to time wishing I was with ya!

Chris

Rain....I see a epic ride coming.

Kug - no doubt that our bikes, our gear and our bodies will be "ridden hard and put away wet" as they say... :crying_anim02:

Awsome! I'll be checking up on your progress. Have a blast! :smile_anim:

Will be following your progress, too.

Rain would make some of those routes...interesting.

emailed you the GPX file from the ride I did back in October....interestingly enough its pretty close to yours.

Hope it helps and I'll look at your Spot from time to time wishing I was with ya!

Chris

Got'em.......thanks Chris!

That's a lot of miles each day. Very doable with good weather conditions but if it rains or their are mechanical issues it could result in problems. But it sounds like a lot of fun and will make for great stories. If you have problems and need support PM me for my ph# and I'll help if needed.