bikeslut

Bowers New Bike

Very nice....congrat's Paul :thumbsup_anim::smile_anim::good: .......will we be seeing the new wheels at KKug's mystery tour next weekend?

13105056963_46ec43ed97_h.jpg

13105057593_8124498a2e_h.jpg

13105224474_7e53208d86_c.jpg13104949555_525f5394d5_c.jpg

13105057033_e8ce5bbbd9_b.jpg

13105057133_387652dc85_b.jpg

Nice, We'll expect you in Benton this fall.

Funny, the 1st two pictures are cleean. But the last two have some nice scratches on the DBH guards.

Did ya get a ride in between the photo ops?

No on the Kug's.

MrsB is traveling and I have a master bedroom remodel all next week. I actually sneaked this morning's ride in against my policy because I won't be riding until after Spring Break.

But knocked off all the new that was stuck to it, have a few more adjustments, a Rekluse/LHRB to install, and it'll be all done.

Many of the parts on the bike are from the old bike, including the handguards. I replaced the plastics (now banged-up) but forgot to retouch the metal parts on some of these images.

I was hoping to provide the photographic proof, but DON'T take the wager? He needs the money to replace scratched parts

How many times did it hit the ground?

I was hoping to provide the photographic proof, but DON'T take the wager? He needs the money to replace scratched parts How many times did it hit the ground?

:upsidedown: Twice.

Looped it once (POWER!) and was ruthlessly attacked by a boulder the second time.

Well, right bike, right color.

My influence must be rubbing off.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

(soon, you'll be seeing something new in Stregaland...)

"Break-In" at Lark / Corral?? You know it is a 500?

:crying_anim02:

You and the Rigger can have wheelie contests. That is a nice skid plate.

Love the Deep Blue color as well. Congratulations.

No black rims?? That would finish off this sweet ride...just saying....

Edit - how about some black vinyl over the polished side of the swing arm

No black rims?? That would finish off this sweet ride...just saying....

Had to draw the $ line somewhere...

Bagstr- we were joined today by Mangler on HIS new 500...he said the suspension was terrible in the desert. rest assured they have both been to suspension 101 for springs, and working on more

Bagstr- we were joined today by Mangler on HIS new 500...he said the suspension was terrible in the desert. rest assured they have both been to suspension 101 for springs, and working on more

Yeah.. I am 260lbs naked in all of my glory.. Go ahead, take a minute to let that settle in.. Figure 300lbs with gear, water, and tools loaded.

I ATTEMPTED to ride this out at Ocotillo last week to break in the motor proper.. After about 30 mins i loaded it back in the truck and came home bummed out thinking i bought a turd.. It was basically unrideable at any sort of speed...

The YZ450 George setup for me is will handle almost anything in Ocotillo or Plaster City in 5th gear pinned like butter.. The contrast between the 2 was a huge WTF at first...

BUT... Alas, Bikeslut and Bowers allowed me to tag along on their ride to Lark yesterday. Bike handled AMAZING on the trails.. Night and day BETTER than my YZ450.. Hmmm.. An Ah Ha moment...

After the first hour or so or riding like a vagina not used to the bike and in fear due to skid plate not arriving in time, i REALLY enjoyed riding it in the tight stuff and had a blast.. Once we got onto the open road though, it was all sorts of sketchy at speed and felt like it was going to kart wheel into oblivion!

Bike is now at Georges for him to do his Magic.. Told him to set it up for high speed desert primarily, but able to adjust via clickers for trail riding.. I am sure he will do me right..

As he did with my YZ suspension, the setup for the 500 is going to require a bunch more stuff than just the springs! :)

Bowers bike is badass, and mine will be built similar, sans the sat radio... I will post some pics when i get it back from the master!

Rock On!

-Kevin

George (suspenders) has the boingy no boingy thing down. My 525 was like a magic carpet ride on it's virgin voyage at the desert dash.

Both the EXCs and XC-Ws are delivered sprung for a max 187lb rider. The 350s are sprung one step lighter than the 450/500s.
With my 350 the springs needed to go up two steps stiffer to get the static and rider sag correct. Once you get the suspension higher in the stroke,
the world is a wonderful place.

Both the EXCs and XC-Ws are delivered sprung for a max 187lb rider. The 350s are sprung one step lighter than the 450/500s.

With my 350 the springs needed to go up two steps stiffer to get the static and rider sag correct. Once you get the suspension higher in the stroke, the world is a wonderful place.

Yup.

I'd ordered the springs through George about three weeks before the bike even arrived at AA. Picked the bike up at ten am in Ramona, and the shock/forks were in Alpine by 1 pm.

I'll ride it a while without additional valving, then do that at the first fork oil change.

Goes through the Garmin Zumo.

I'm researched other options, but nothing is as moto-friendly as the Zumo.

Zumo to noise-isolating earbuds.